Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2016, 11:49 AM   #265
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Starts Now - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Here ya go chief:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ity-rep-s.html

Maybe someone will recommend you!
thaSLAB is the best for that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #266
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan39
I will just say that I have bought this game every year since '06 no matter what the changes have been and will continue to do so. This is by far the best baseball title that has ever been created for video gaming anywhere. I have seen features come and go some I liked some I didn't and that is every year. I love a lot of things about this years game but anyone who has been with this game from the start can see what they focus on now. Spending money for the game is not enough for any game developers anymore it's about the gimmicks to make you spend more after the fact. I enjoy creating a team for DD but that's about it and I don't really play online because of the cheese you always run into eventually every year. Which leads me to this Franchise mode was once again neglected for other modes anybody that has been here can see it. They dedicated a whole 30 minutes (wow) to this stream to let us franchisers down again. They always say it's a time issue well how about focusing on franchise just one year and make it interesting. The features they did add should be fun to fool with but come on guys you can do much better. A whole new structure to the way rosters work has been needed for a long time. franchise has become stale and will stay that way if not addressed more aggressively. I mean let's be serious here Showtime? how much time and effort was wasted on this feature? Does anyone actually sit and listen to the radio show between games? I love this title and will always stay with it because for one it's all there is but I hope they float away from these gimmicky type modes and focus more on realism like they used to. Now just so you know I am not hating on this game I can't wait for it to drop I'll be right there to get it as always i am very loyal to this title, but I will give my honest opinion about what I think. I mean even a few things would have been nice like editing coaches,firing mangers mid season,Expansion,Create a team,post game interviews,post game celebrations like a Gatorade bath, why have we not moved past AA by now with A ball and rookie leagues? It has been 10 years. Just my half dollars worth...
I will take paragraphs for $200.....Alex!
Old 03-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #267
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Which leads me to this Franchise mode was once again neglected for other modes anybody that has been here can see it. They dedicated a whole 30 minutes (wow) to this stream to let us franchisers down again. They always say it's a time issue well how about focusing on franchise just one year and make it interesting. The features they did add should be fun to fool with but come on guys you can do much better. A whole new structure to the way rosters work has been needed for a long time. franchise has become stale and will stay that way if not addressed more aggressively. I mean let's be serious here Showtime? how much time and effort was wasted on this feature? Does anyone actually sit and listen to the radio show between games? I love this title and will always stay with it because for one it's all there is but I hope they float away from these gimmicky type modes and focus more on realism like they used to. Now just so you know I am not hating on this game I can't wait for it to drop I'll be right there to get it as always i am very loyal to this title, but I will give my honest opinion about what I think. I mean even a few things would have been nice like editing coaches,firing mangers mid season,Expansion,Create a team,post game interviews,post game celebrations like a Gatorade bath, why have we not moved past AA by now with A ball and rookie leagues? It has been 10 years. Just my half dollars worth...
DD has it's own team, like Franchise/gameplay/art/etc. The reason we were let down was because of the leaked video that gave out the advanced stats stuff or the morale, don't remember which it was. These so called gimmicky aren't going away any time soon. As Marino stated earlier they bring in A LOT of money to these developers. You can fire coaches mid season. Been able to do that for a couple of years I think.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #268
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I will just say that I have bought this game every year since '06 no matter what the changes have been and will continue to do so. This is by far the best baseball title that has ever been created for video gaming anywhere. I have seen features come and go some I liked some I didn't and that is every year. I love a lot of things about this years game but anyone who has been with this game from the start can see what they focus on now. Spending money for the game is not enough for any game developers anymore it's about the gimmicks to make you spend more after the fact. I enjoy creating a team for DD but that's about it and I don't really play online because of the cheese you always run into eventually every year. Which leads me to this Franchise mode was once again neglected for other modes anybody that has been here can see it. They dedicated a whole 30 minutes (wow) to this stream to let us franchisers down again. They always say it's a time issue well how about focusing on franchise just one year and make it interesting. The features they did add should be fun to fool with but come on guys you can do much better. A whole new structure to the way rosters work has been needed for a long time. franchise has become stale and will stay that way if not addressed more aggressively. I mean let's be serious here Showtime? how much time and effort was wasted on this feature? Does anyone actually sit and listen to the radio show between games? I love this title and will always stay with it because for one it's all there is but I hope they float away from these gimmicky type modes and focus more on realism like they used to. Now just so you know I am not hating on this game I can't wait for it to drop I'll be right there to get it as always i am very loyal to this title, but I will give my honest opinion about what I think. I mean even a few things would have been nice like editing coaches,firing mangers mid season,Expansion,Create a team,post game interviews,post game celebrations like a Gatorade bath, why have we not moved past AA by now with A ball and rookie leagues? It has been 10 years. Just my half dollars worth...
We must have a lot of programmers on this site. It seems everyone knows how much time it takes to develop certain parts of video games.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #269
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I will take paragraphs for $200.....Alex!
I'll take I can't believe I read that for $800, Alex.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #270
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
You can already do this
Old 03-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #271
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
DD has it's own team, like Franchise/gameplay/art/etc. The reason we were let down was because of the leaked video that gave out the advanced stats stuff or the morale, don't remember which it was. These so called gimmicky aren't going away any time soon. As Marino stated earlier they bring in A LOT of money to these developers. You can fire coaches mid season. Been able to do that for a couple of years I think.
I think the reason people are let down is because that they let their expectations get too high.

It's been know for years that RTTS is the most played mode and they let us know that in '15 that DD made up some ground on RTTS. If this is the biggest player base for them then it is imperative that the dev team keeps them happy and purchasing the game every year. That is where they are making their money, and not just from micro-transaction but also retail game purchases.

And yes, they Franchise stream was short. Was that because there was nothing else to talk about or demonstrate or because they cut things short so that they could fit in four games of the Dev Tourney?

And I also don't think that we should forget that many of the features mentioned in previous streams also benefit Franchise. Updated animations, updated commentary that mentions and talks about past awards and stats, improved lighting in the stadiums, Sounds of the Show, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #272
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Yea I saw that but that still doesn't mean a 2 spot will have the same negative effect that a 9 spot does. 2 might be neutral for all we know.
Could be the case. The way it was presented (calling out 1, 3, and 4 as places a Star will want to hit) makes this appear less likely, but you might be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I think some are worrying too much over a star player's place in the batting order. Yes moving them up or down in the lineup might negatively affect them a bit but that is just one of many things that affect the player's overall morale. It's not the only thing that will ultimately make them "ecstatic" or "angry". It ties in with the other factors that we saw in the stream.
The issue is that batting a 2 hole hitter 2nd shouldn't make him mad at all. I'd rather my players get pissed off about the crap salaries I plan to negotiate with them...and them not already being mad about lineup position gives me more wiggle room to disgust my players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »