Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #257
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I agree in a lot of ways. What if the introduction of PBR and Human IK this year was because they could afford some new, super-expensive software packages thanks to income brought from DD? Or what if the licensed equipment being introduced last year was made possible because of DD income? I'm just making stuff up here as examples, obviously.

I loathe ultimate team modes in games that are very flawed year after year (*ahem* Madden and especially NHL *ahem*). But in NBA 2k and MLB The Show, I don't mind one bit. Why? Because it is apparent how much work has gone into these games each year. And in the case of Sony San Diego, having such a smaller dev team than what a couple of those other titles have, I have to tip my cap to them.
Or getting all of these legends. There are what 40-50 of them now. That's 40-50 different licensing contracts that needed to be negotiated. And that involves a lot of man hours and legal costs (depending on how SCEA pays their lawyers). And depending on how the contracts are negotiated you can either pay a flat fee, royalty (meaning they get a % of sales) or both. All could be costly. Let's say the game does $100MM in sales and they gave out royalties of 10% total for all 50 players. That's $10MM that went to the players. Obviously I just chose numbers to make the math easier.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #258
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I agree in a lot of ways. What if the introduction of PBR and Human IK this year was because they could afford some new, super-expensive software packages thanks to income brought from DD?
Great point. This needs to be framed into a banner and inserted at the top of every page in this forum.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:16 AM   #259
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I love the addition of player roles. That's going to make roster building a blast, especially around the trade deadline. As someone else mentioned, I hope there's a good variety of what's important to players and that the roles are fluid.

Watch me play video games
Old 03-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #260
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Yea I saw that but that still doesn't mean a 2 spot will have the same negative effect that a 9 spot does. 2 might be neutral for all we know.
True. I still think at the end of the day the actual effect it will have on players is minimal. In the course of 162 game season player rarely play at their full talent level anyway. It seems they are actually trying to make you build a real team in franchise this year as opposed to stacking rosters with superstars. I am a bit surprised though that they don't give the option to turn it off though.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #261
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Starts Now - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
None of the stadiums have stats on the LED ribbons in the game. They aren't going to make an exception for CBP.

I am sure there is a reason they couldn't put years on the flags in center field.

Just me but I am concentrating more on trying to win a baseball game than whether the flags in center field have numbers on them or not.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I don't need to concentrate on winning games because I am simply the best in the world. So I guess that is why I can spot in corrections with stadiums better then most people
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 11:40 AM   #262
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I don't need to concentrate on winning games because I am simply the best in the world. So I guess that is why I can spot in corrections with stadiums better then most people
Here ya go chief:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ity-rep-s.html

Maybe someone will recommend you!
Old 03-04-2016, 11:42 AM   #263
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1

I will just say that I have bought this game every year since '06 no matter what the changes have been and will continue to do so. This is by far the best baseball title that has ever been created for video gaming anywhere. I have seen features come and go some I liked some I didn't and that is every year. I love a lot of things about this years game but anyone who has been with this game from the start can see what they focus on now. Spending money for the game is not enough for any game developers anymore it's about the gimmicks to make you spend more after the fact. I enjoy creating a team for DD but that's about it and I don't really play online because of the cheese you always run into eventually every year. Which leads me to this Franchise mode was once again neglected for other modes anybody that has been here can see it. They dedicated a whole 30 minutes (wow) to this stream to let us franchisers down again. They always say it's a time issue well how about focusing on franchise just one year and make it interesting. The features they did add should be fun to fool with but come on guys you can do much better. A whole new structure to the way rosters work has been needed for a long time. franchise has become stale and will stay that way if not addressed more aggressively. I mean let's be serious here Showtime? how much time and effort was wasted on this feature? Does anyone actually sit and listen to the radio show between games? I love this title and will always stay with it because for one it's all there is but I hope they float away from these gimmicky type modes and focus more on realism like they used to. Now just so you know I am not hating on this game I can't wait for it to drop I'll be right there to get it as always i am very loyal to this title, but I will give my honest opinion about what I think. I mean even a few things would have been nice like editing coaches,firing mangers mid season,Expansion,Create a team,post game interviews,post game celebrations like a Gatorade bath, why have we not moved past AA by now with A ball and rookie leagues? It has been 10 years. Just my half dollars worth...
Old 03-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #264
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnothimself
Yes those things are all inaccurate, I agree. But pointing out stuff like led boards that aren't real to life? That's an issue in every stadium, not just CBP. And the pennant flags are there, they just need to add the years to them. It would be awesome to have the liberty bell function correctly on home runs though. Overall I just feel the stadium looks great minus the little nuances missing.
Yes I agree in fact I think all the stadiums look fantastic in 16. I was just pointing some things out that have not been updated in a very long time even with sending in lots of screenshots over the years. I am just starting to feel like when the stadium request thread opens every year I am wasting my time sending in any related pictures of Citizens Bank Park.

Anyway in no way will this ruin my gaming time with MLB The Show. We each have our area of the game that we go nuts about and for me one of those areas is stadium accuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »