Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #249
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
It's interesting that you call the two most played modes, according to the developers, "side modes".
To clarify, I didn't refer to DD as a side mode...it's why I mentioned it specifically. I also didn't mention RTTS (which I assume you are referring to when you talk about the two most popular modes) or mean to imply anything about it. It's the only other mode I play. The "side modes" I was talking about are the new modes they are adding this year.

All that said, I think you misread the tone of the post anyway (I thought the smiley would give away my light tone with all that) if that's what you're taking from it.

Long story short, I was jokingly saying I'd be happy with franchise and nothing else in terms of modes. Obviously I know that not everyone feels that strongly about franchise, nor do I expect them to.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #250
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
But is it a basic thing? Do you know how their programming works? Also, do you realize that while you don't play DD, there are many others that do? While people may not like it, these ultimate team modes are not going away and will continue to see improvements each year because they bring in a lot, and I mean a lot, of money for the company.
I'm gunna make a bold prediction and say that the amount of money that is spent on these ultimate team modes bring just as much if not more than actual sales of the game. Also as someone else has said on here, I think it was Knight but I'm not positive, we should be thankful for the ultimate team modes even if you don't play them. Because where they bring in so much money they can and will then use that money to improve future versions of the game.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #251
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

A lot of assumptions going on in this thread. It is really making my head hurt.

Last edited by JayD; 03-04-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 10:42 AM   #252
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I liked what I see and I do believe 16 will be a massive jump from 15. Bring on the 29th.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #253
Rookie

lilrosati56's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
New Franchise mode features list and improvements.
Are they releasing a list of improvements like they have after all of the other streams?
Old 03-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
People are responding to what was said in the stream. Luis specifically said that the stars have THREE spots in the batting order. He listed them - 1st, 3rd, and 4th.

Edit - It's at the 16:27 mark in the stream
Yea I saw that but that still doesn't mean a 2 spot will have the same negative effect that a 9 spot does. 2 might be neutral for all we know.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #255
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

I think some are worrying too much over a star player's place in the batting order. Yes moving them up or down in the lineup might negatively affect them a bit but that is just one of many things that affect the player's overall morale. It's not the only thing that will ultimately make them "ecstatic" or "angry". It ties in with the other factors that we saw in the stream.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 11:03 AM   #256
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I'm gunna make a bold prediction and say that the amount of money that is spent on these ultimate team modes bring just as much if not more than actual sales of the game. Also as someone else has said on here, I think it was Knight but I'm not positive, we should be thankful for the ultimate team modes even if you don't play them. Because where they bring in so much money they can and will then use that money to improve future versions of the game.
I agree in a lot of ways. What if the introduction of PBR and Human IK this year was because they could afford some new, super-expensive software packages thanks to income brought from DD? Or what if the licensed equipment being introduced last year was made possible because of DD income? I'm just making stuff up here as examples, obviously.

I loathe ultimate team modes in games that are very flawed year after year (*ahem* Madden and especially NHL *ahem*). But in NBA 2k and MLB The Show, I don't mind one bit. Why? Because it is apparent how much work has gone into these games each year. And in the case of Sony San Diego, having such a smaller dev team than what a couple of those other titles have, I have to tip my cap to them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »