Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #249
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamarlin2121
Yeah, seems like no changes for that. I am extremely disappointed man. Gave my hopes up big time.

That is quite disappointing. I had to lose 3 of my guys because of this rule in 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2016, 09:26 PM   #250
Rookie

OVR: 1

How about retiring players coming back as potential coaches?? Is that happening? I remember on the early ps3 mlb the show days I saw that happening, or was it late ps2 days??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #251
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Today is the big one for us. Can't wait to deep dive Franchise improvements!!!
Now, I'm very curious to here your impressions of what you heard yesterday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 08:31 AM   #252
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogotron272
How about retiring players coming back as potential coaches?? Is that happening? I remember on the early ps3 mlb the show days I saw that happening, or was it late ps2 days??

The Show started on the PS3 (I think 2007. My first one was 2008). I remember that too. There were a lot of cool things going on in franchise mode back then. Hopefully, as they get other things out of the way, they can bring things like that back in future editions.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #253
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
The Show started on the PS3 (I think 2007. My first one was 2008). I remember that too. There were a lot of cool things going on in franchise mode back then. Hopefully, as they get other things out of the way, they can bring things like that back in future editions.
Yes ps3 they also had it for ps2 just that it was not called the show yet, it was called simply MLB and the year, MLB06, MLB07, etc

Old 03-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm okay with them not including any features in the Online Franchise and they have their reasons. The reasons for why they did it is pretty lame, just say "We want to hold stuff back this year so next years game we can add to hype up the game". Business 101

Now I'm just concerned on the bugs of the online franchise. Did they at least put in effort to fix the bugs? I'm not talking about the new features, I'm talking about the bugs in the game that has been there for years. Don't give us the whole "Development cycle" excuse, you had a year or two knowing the bugs are there. If you're not going to give us new features online, at least fix the issues that it has.

We are paying Sony for online content in general. So I truly believe they should start making Online modes a priority in the future.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:51 PM   #255
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I wonder if the show developers decided to have the franchise video and twitch stream in March strategically. I mean, they changed how they released the info this year, no longer releasing the entire list at once. Then held all franchise info off until just a few weeks before release. Given the general sense of disappointment surrounding basically smaller additions to Franchise rather than any big, new change, I'm wondering if they possibly held off on discussing it for PR reasons.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm disappointed, but I'll buy the game anyways. I'm a baseball addict with no other options. Just wish they would have been able to make a little more headway in franchise mode, as I think many of us do.

Regarding importing newly added players into an existing franchise, probably one of my biggest pet peeves about MLB The Show, I'm almost certain the dev's said "We're working on that for next year" last year when they were hyping MLB 15. So I'm not exactly believing them when they say the are "working on that for next year" with regards to MLB 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #256
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets718
I'm okay with them not including any features in the Online Franchise and they have their reasons. The reasons for why they did it is pretty lame, just say "We want to hold stuff back this year so next years game we can add to hype up the game". Business 101
I don't think SDS are holding anything back. If bringing online franchise to parity with offline were as simple as flipping a switch, I'm sure we'd have it this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »