Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 03-03-2016, 11:00 PM   #193
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Starts Now - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
None of the stadiums have stats on the LED ribbons in the game. They aren't going to make an exception for CBP.
For some reason, Busch Stadium has had them since MLB 10.

It's strange, because Busch has all three versions of ribbons in The Show. LED stat ribbons, LED scrolling nickname ribbons, and stat CRT (correct name?) ribbons. It's one of the few things I've never had to worry about in my writeups.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:05 PM   #194
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I think Ramone talked about this in the stream but I could be completely wrong. You could complete all your GM goals and have a good GM rating but if you don't accomplish the Owners goal you could be fired.
That's why I play with them off.

I also noticed during the stream that a 22 year old prospects' ETA was 2020+ so he will be getting to the majors at age 27 or older. I really wish this was changed to be more realistic.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:08 PM   #195
Banned

OVR: 1
i excited by what they've shown so far...everyone else seems to be bummed about things they are assuming???????????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 11:14 PM   #196
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_SDS
On behalf of Luis, who's trying to ease your concerns about progression:

Performance-Based Progression is not a one-size fits all system for every player. Every attribute level has an expected stat value associated with it, so the drop you saw with Avisail Garcia was "extreme" because he had a good Con vs L attribute to begin with. You shouldn't worry about the system getting out of hand, since these expected values are updated along with attribute progression. This means Garcia would experience less of a drop if he performed exactly the same the following season.

Here's an example of a guy who hit .177 over 260 ABs versus righties, and not experiencing a single point drop in Con vs R:

Attachment 117131

On the flip side, here's someone hitting .331 versus lefties and only getting a one point increase:

Attachment 117132

In the end, our simulator is going to generate stats that are in line with player attributes the vast majority of the time, but when unusual breakouts/crashes occur, we want to capture them, since this happens in the Majors all the time.
Awesome info! My hype meter is back on full blast. Last year there was a bit of talk around here for pitchers progressing much faster than hitters, and many years into the franchise the pitching became stacked. Any work adjusting that? The whole progression system seems like it changed a lot so perhaps that'll do it.

I don't know if anyone answered yet on the stream or in the thread but how does the morale system handle created players? Do they get the 7 aspects of morale and are they editable? How about generated draft players?

I'm loving the way the commentary, stats, contracts, and progression all come together to make the franchise more emergent and dynamic. I see huge advances in offline franchise this year. Keep kicking *** over there guys!
Old 03-03-2016, 11:18 PM   #197
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Also people are forgetting Sounds of the Show which is best used in franchise. Nothing beats playing on the road and hearing the authentic stadium sounds as you clobber the Phillies and Braves into the ground.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:23 PM   #198
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Starts Now - Franchise Mode

Anybody else notice Mill getting a question in during the stream?
Old 03-03-2016, 11:29 PM   #199
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
That's why I play with them off.

I also noticed during the stream that a 22 year old prospects' ETA was 2020+ so he will be getting to the majors at age 27 or older. I really wish this was changed to be more realistic.
I think the GM goals and rating are good. If you complete some goals you'll get a good GM rating and that will give you more job offers from better teams.

As for the bold part maybe now with stats having a affect on a players progression he'll be coming up sooner than that if he performs well in the minors.

Last edited by Cowboy008; 03-03-2016 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #200
Rookie

timmermac's Arena

OVR: 1

The main thing I'm excited about is the stat tracking, which will be available for PS3. However, all the other features are making me wish I could spring for an HDTV and PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »