Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2016, 10:02 PM   #177
Rookie

SoullessGingerKC's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsey7
I also would love to know more about this! This would be huge for me. So much more realistic than being injury-only! really hoping!
Yes call ups are based on progression and regression as well.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #178
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_SDS
On behalf of Luis, who's trying to ease your concerns about progression:

Performance-Based Progression is not a one-size fits all system for every player. Every attribute level has an expected stat value associated with it, so the drop you saw with Avisail Garcia was "extreme" because he had a good Con vs L attribute to begin with. You shouldn't worry about the system getting out of hand, since these expected values are updated along with attribute progression. This means Garcia would experience less of a drop if he performed exactly the same the following season.

Here's an example of a guy who hit .177 over 260 ABs versus righties, and not experiencing a single point drop in Con vs R:

Attachment 117131

On the flip side, here's someone hitting .331 versus lefties and only getting a one point increase:

Attachment 117132

In the end, our simulator is going to generate stats that are in line with player attributes the vast majority of the time, but when unusual breakouts/crashes occur, we want to capture them, since this happens in the Majors all the time.
This makes me feel so much better. I wasn't crazy about the addition of player morale when I initially heard about it but now seeing it in action I think it will really add to the immersion of my franchise. Especially with FA signings and extensions. I wonder what will happen with a team like the Cubs or old school Yankees where they arguably have 4 or 5 "stars". In the Donaldson example he got angry when he batter 9th, would he be satisfied if you moved him to 2nd or 5th? Or will he only be content if he hits 1st, 3rd or 4th?
I can't wait to find out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2016, 10:09 PM   #179
Pro

OVR: 5

Anything mentioned in the stream about sortable team stats? It's shocking to me that it's 2016, with the PS4, and this still remains in doubt.

Last edited by Drew127; 03-03-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:13 PM   #180
Pro

OVR: 0

I love how unhappy people are about the progression/regression. Luis said they will still progress and regress like normal, but there is the dynamic progress/regress too. Hitting .153 or w/e vs lefties for an entire year should qualify for a -10 rating hit! Everyone knows if a player hits .153 vs LHP that player would simply just play vs RHP. Its called a platoon. Also, I see a lot of complaining about stat driven progression/regression.....guys....what do you think overalls are adjusted off of for roster updates? If, for example Donaldson hits .230 and 8 HRs (in real life) in the 1st half this year, do you think his overall will be adjusted down to the game or kept the same because someone thinks he'll "get better"? No. His ratings would take a hit. Just like he'd go up if he hits .315 with 22 HRs in the 1st half his ratings would go up.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:13 PM   #181
Pro

OVR: 4

I read the comments before watching the stream and was feeling disappointed. Then I watched the stream, franchise has been improved a good amount. Lots of things to be excited about. No worries here, everything looks great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 10:14 PM   #182
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
How about that new MadBum model at the 32:55 mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Oh yeah, looked like they cut his hair in the player model (but not the photo for obvious reasons). Nice catch.
Confused because at 1:25:53 mark Ramone said the MadBum haircut happened too late in dev cycle?
Old 03-03-2016, 10:15 PM   #183
Rookie

SoullessGingerKC's Arena

OVR: 2

One thing curious if it is in or not this year as have not seen anything about it, is setting line ups. In MVP or 2K, can't remember which you could pick your starters for each position, and then the game would set the best roster based on your picks. Anyone see anything like that?
Old 03-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #184
Pro

OVR: 5

If I can offer an opinion on the GM goals...

Sweep division series?
Sweep LCS?

I feel like all of this is an afterthought. What kind of a goal is that? What difference does it make if you sweep the division series vs. win it in 5 games? What owner would set such a random and meaningless milestone?

The O's swept the DS in 2014. Then got swept in the LCS. You think the owner felt good about that?

The only thing that comes to mind to describe what I saw is "afterthought".

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »