Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #121
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Starts Now - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
A couple things I noticed. I see there may still be some roster management issues. End of season SEA is carrying 4 catchers and CLE has 14 pitchers.(possibly 13 if the DL player is a pitcher)

PLayers now can play 162 games!!

And you can now tell if a player has been extended a Qualifying Offer.
Where did you see this?? I must have missed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #122
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
The point is that the two are now correlated together, which wasn't the case before. You're right in that the concept doesn't make sense from a logical perspective, but if you take a step back you'll realize that doesn't really matter.

In real life, a player occasionally gets better AND has a great year. Regardless of the order, the point is that the two things happen concurrently.

Again, I agree with you on the semantics, but this observation of yours has no real functional effect on the game. Even if they did it the "proper" way (which would be far more labor intensive), the net result would be exactly the same: a system that produces busts and surprise superstars, and translates those occurrences into actual changes in performance..
I'm just scared of the positive feedback this will have on the player ratings while simulating into the future. He hit poorly against lefties, therefore his ratings drop, therefore he will likely continue to hit poorly against lefties, therefore his ratings drop, etc...

I really hope this was tested and calibrated before it was implemented. I really don't want to see the same issue as last year where the pitcher's in the game progressed at ridiculous rates because of performance driven progression.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #123
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Did they answer if the playoff eligible roster rules were updated to all players on the 40 man roster?
Old 03-03-2016, 07:45 PM   #124
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_fever
Okay I need something cleared up from the wonderful folks here at OS. (Because I feel like I am getting conflicting reports on this matter)

Let me lay this out as clearly as I can....

At this moment I am playing MLB The Show 15. In season 1 (So the real 2015 schedule) And I am playing with what I believe are the latest OSFM rosters. (Everything accurate minus small things like Ian Desmond still a F/A)

When The Show 16 comes out, I understand that the rosters will be the same as the rosters I am playing with right now on 15. Which I am okay with it, because they are very update anyways, and have ALL the prospects there.

Now things like new stances, new face scans, all previous stats, will they be there when I load in my franchise from MLB 15 over to 16'? And when I finish my 2015 season on The Show 16, will the 2016 schedule be the correct schedule for this coming season?

If any of you have these answers and know 100% that what you are saying is correct, please get back to me. Thanks!

I am just trying to make sure that I am not wasting my time the rest of this month by playing my 2015 franchise on The Show 15.

Thanks guys

It wil carry over but any players that have retried or no longer going to play in MLB 16 will be fake players, this is the BIG issue I have with not having import player option it creates days of work if you want to have year to year saves

You wont have updated portraits either doing it this way for example Kris Bryant
Old 03-03-2016, 07:47 PM   #125
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

While I agree that the franchise stream was a bit underwhelming, I think part of that is because they got scooped by information leaks. I'm also glad I don't play online I guess. For the most part, the devs handled the stats criticism (which was my #1 gripe) by adding career and sortable stat tracking for all stats and also adding in the first semblance of meaningful advanced stats with FIP, BB%, K%, and WAR. On the basis of that alone, I am pretty satisfied.

On top of that, the new morale system, updated radio show, updated scouting, and slightly deeper finances/owner goals will add some depth to the mode and to team building. I wish the scouting update went a bit further by incorporating injury history, signability, draft bonus pools/slots, agent politics etc...but it is what it is.

The thing that worried me most 2 weeks ago (player morale) doesn't really bother me now that I've learned more about it, except that maybe a "Star" expectation player getting jilted by batting in the 2 hole is a little weird considering the 2 hole hitter is arguably where the best hitter should bat based on SABR theory.

The thing that worries me most now is player progression, specifically stat-based progression. In the stream, Avisail Garcia dropped 10 points in contact vLHP after only a 114 AB sample. That type of drop is pretty insane given the math sez you need 2200 plate appearances for the past performance to become as accurate/predictive as just an average 5-6% generic platoon split. I don't mind stat-based progression, but a 10-point swing after such a small sample could really be a problem for noisy/sample-sizey issues like platoon splits and especially over the long haul of a franchise.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 03-03-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 07:48 PM   #126
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

While I may be in the minority I for one love the changes to franchise mode this year. March 29th cannot get here fast enough.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #127
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
A couple things I noticed. I see there may still be some roster management issues. End of season SEA is carrying 4 catchers and CLE has 14 pitchers.(possibly 13 if the DL player is a pitcher)

PLayers now can play 162 games!!

And you can now tell if a player has been extended a Qualifying Offer.
Could it be expanded rosters in September?
Old 03-03-2016, 07:59 PM   #128
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Could it be expanded rosters in September?
Picture I captured only had 25 man roster. So they were only carrying 25 guys..it was after sending guys down after expanding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »