Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2016, 07:22 PM   #113

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Starts Now - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
There is no way people play DD more then Franchise and RTTS.. The franchise in this game is so stale and they have said for the last three years there would be an overhaul and every year it's something that hardly gets touched .. Until another company comes along n makes a baseball game will we truely get a full fleshed out game year to year because this team has always catered to the casual gamer that will fork over money by buying there game and by buying packs and stubs .. I'm not saying I don't like the game or that I don't think this team is not great at what they do I jus think they sell out on the casual side of this game to much ..
I'm not sure you understood his post. He never said or even implied people play DD more than franchise.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:23 PM   #114
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Don't hate on me too much, just me 2 pesos. But I waited weeks in anticipation waiting for some Franchise talk since we got the Schedule of the streams. I know they added some stuff that people wanted and that's great, and I understand they can't please everyone. But to wait weeks for a Franchise stream and then finally watch the stream and only get 30 minutes of what felt like rushed, and at times unenthusiastic franchise info and then BOOM right into the dev tourney....ouch. I don't know. feelsbadman

Also a point I would like to make: For those that play Franchise with budgets turned OFF....for those that don't pay a whole ton of attention to advanced stats....for those that just like to play Franchise for the fun of keeping a team going on through the years, there's nothing really worthwhile except for maybe player morale.

This is a day one buy for me mainly because of SOTS and PBR, but Franchise has been lackluster for years now. They've gotten rid of a few fun, interactive aspects from years past such as ticket prices, vendors, putting players on magazine or TV spots, getting TV contracts, and the newspaper (even though I think the radio show will be much improved from last year).

I guess I just like having more of a say in my FRANCHISE, which sometimes includes non-baseball activities.

Last edited by Sco291; 03-03-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #115
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
While they did add some nice features, most would agree it was a bit underwhelming. It seemed like they were almost in a hurry to get through the barely 30 minutes of Franchise talk so they could get onto the tourney games. They just seemed uninterested and even bored at times. But, whatever.

Also a point I would like to make: For those that play Franchise with budgets turned OFF....for those that don't pay a whole ton of attention to advanced stats....for those that just like to play Franchise for the fun of keeping a team going on through the years, there's nothing really worthwhile except for maybe player morale.

This is a day one buy for me mainly because of SOTS and PBR, but Franchise has been lackluster for years now. They've gotten rid of a few fun, interactive aspects from years past such as ticket prices, vendors, putting players on magazine or TV spots, getting TV contracts, and the newspaper (even though I think the radio show will be much improved from last year).

I guess I just like having more of a say in my FRANCHISE, which sometimes includes non-baseball activities. I want to be able to place sponsor ads, buy generated sponsors like years past, etc. The only thing that'll make Franchise seem fresh to me this year will be Sounds of the Show.

Don't hate on me too much, just me 2 pesos.
OOTP may be more up your alley then. Its a damn good game for deep stuff like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #116
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

A couple things I noticed. I see there may still be some roster management issues. End of season SEA is carrying 4 catchers and CLE has 14 pitchers.(possibly 13 if the DL player is a pitcher)

PLayers now can play 162 games!!

And you can now tell if a player has been extended a Qualifying Offer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg catchers.jpg (98.5 KB, 410 views)
File Type: jpg pitchers.jpg (91.8 KB, 415 views)
File Type: jpg 162 games.jpg (79.3 KB, 411 views)
File Type: jpg qualifying.jpg (80.9 KB, 414 views)

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 03-03-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #117
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

OVR: 0

Okay I need something cleared up from the wonderful folks here at OS. (Because I feel like I am getting conflicting reports on this matter)

Let me lay this out as clearly as I can....

At this moment I am playing MLB The Show 15. In season 1 (So the real 2015 schedule) And I am playing with what I believe are the latest OSFM rosters. (Everything accurate minus small things like Ian Desmond still a F/A)

When The Show 16 comes out, I understand that the rosters will be the same as the rosters I am playing with right now on 15. Which I am okay with it, because they are very update anyways, and have ALL the prospects there.

Now things like new stances, new face scans, all previous stats, will they be there when I load in my franchise from MLB 15 over to 16'? And when I finish my 2015 season on The Show 16, will the 2016 schedule be the correct schedule for this coming season?

If any of you have these answers and know 100% that what you are saying is correct, please get back to me. Thanks!

I am just trying to make sure that I am not wasting my time the rest of this month by playing my 2015 franchise on The Show 15.

Thanks guys
Old 03-03-2016, 07:37 PM   #118
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
OOTP may be more up your alley then. Its a damn good game for deep stuff like that.
Haha nah, I've played it. Its fun. I just much prefer The Show
Old 03-03-2016, 07:37 PM   #119
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I do notice Ramone in this stream has said No Create a Stadium in "MLB 16". Many times. Emphasis on 16. I really think it will be in in MLB 17. The way he says it, it makes me think so.
We'll IF it's not in '17, don't start posting that Ramone led you to believe it was in. .

For me the excitement is pretty much at the peak. Just need release day to get here.
Does the game have everything I want? No. But what's been added to an already great game has me ready to play.
Hopefully I can player lock without having to use RTTS cam. If not then maybe next year.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-03-2016, 07:40 PM   #120
Rookie

tbbuccaneer87's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Don't hate on me too much, just me 2 pesos. But I waited weeks in anticipation waiting for some Franchise talk since we got the Schedule of the streams. I know they added some stuff that people wanted and that's great, and I understand they can't please everyone. But to wait weeks for a Franchise stream and then finally watch the stream and only get 30 minutes of what felt like rushed, and at times unenthusiastic franchise info and then BOOM right into the dev tourney....ouch. I don't know. feelsbadman

I guess I just like having more of a say in my FRANCHISE, which sometimes includes non-baseball activities.
I 100% agree. This was the stream I was most excited about, but it has unfortunately been one of the weaker streams. Two things that have killed franchise immersion for me has been scouting and future scheduling. They have made changes to scouting so I'm optimistic it isn't broken this year. I am highly disappointed that future scheduling isn't fixed. It makes me not want to progress in my franchise. I got to season 2 in my Rays' franchise and I only played the Marlins once, but had 7 games with the Phillies lol. It's really unfortunate.

Last edited by tbbuccaneer87; 03-03-2016 at 07:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »