Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #121
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

At first I didn't really like the idea of the morale system, but after the details they've released, it seems like there is more control over it than "y is whining because you're serving sandwiches as a pre-game meal and he wanted soup".

The way it seems to be, when negotiating a contract you agree not only to a financial number, but the role they are going to play. You can make no promises when in comes to the role, and that's going to lose interest in signing the contract, but will make the player less delicate once they sign. I REALLY like that tradeoff of risk and reward for morale. Makes identifying my core all the more important, because those are the guys who I will promise roles to in order to try for the hometown discount.

It will also make me more trade wary, as I see the promises that come with the contract a player carries. It's a nice analog to emotional baggage/attitude problems.

I just hope that carry over saves have all current contracts with no playtime expectations, otherwise my team full of superstars is going to be really pissed I have most of them working platoon roles. Glad I'm downsizing to a 5 pitcher rotation this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2016, 08:45 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 2

PLACES OF BIRTH. Nice, something new I'll need to go through for everyone and update.

Love the changes, makes it all more involved and real.

Is that all that's new in franchise though?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:47 PM   #123
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

My take on the franchise mode info in this vid...

Spoiler
Old 03-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #124
Rookie

Has there been any mention if the players will have their TRUE contracts in the game or just random ones?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #125
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I may be the minority here but I really hope that if you promise a player "starter" and place him on the bench his ratings take a major hit. It would simulate the disgruntled player and lower the trade value. (Hopefully the morale ratings are what are used for trade purposes)

This would prevent cpu and human teams from signing a bunch of starter type players and using them as depth or trade fodder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
That is an interesting thought, does an increase or decrease in overall due to morale impact trade value or only performance. Another way to "game" free agent signing would be with the compatriot - A player from the Dominican wants a compatriot so you sign a 45 overall guy from the Dominican with no intention of putting him on the MLB team just to sign the free agent. Or what if his compatriot gets injured and goes on the DL - does he become unhappy?

They have done some very interesting stuff this year, a major improvement.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:09 PM   #126
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Funny(not haha funny)....that the online guys want the online franchise to like the offline franchise....and I've been begging for a franchise mode that mimics the online one(in terms of being able to customize the league setup)
OR
Let us manage only in online leagues!!!(PLEASE!!!)

M.K.
Knight165
It's just weird MLB 14 was identical. Mlb 15 online franchise went untouched. I understand not having minor leagues play games because it would take an eternity to sim.

But I don't see by everything else can't be identical.
OF still does not have
Position player fatigue
Rotation schedules
Injuries done correctly
Presentation set to fast play
And all additions to franchise last year were not In Online

I find it funny dev team says "Well not many people played MLB 14 online franchise." Well that was because the Show online then was unplayable.

Now it's playable. It's fun as hell to share a franchise and compete for a division with a freind or two. Very fun. Hopefully it gets the same love.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:38 PM   #127
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I'm starting to get the feeling that people just read the first sentence of my post.

I read your whole post this time! ;-)
Old 03-01-2016, 09:51 PM   #128
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I may be the minority here but I really hope that if you promise a player "starter" and place him on the bench his ratings take a major hit. It would simulate the disgruntled player and lower the trade value. (Hopefully the morale ratings are what are used for trade purposes)

This would prevent cpu and human teams from signing a bunch of starter type players and using them as depth or trade fodder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

This is exactly how I hope it will work. It definitely will add more strategy to building your team, which will breath some fresh air into the offseason of our franchises. That makes me wonder...have we seen or heard if there will be an overall team chemistry along with player morales?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »