Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-29-2016, 12:29 PM   #249
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp2002
Oh, I have no issues with The Show's current frame rate either, its never an issue for me and doesn't affect the gameplay one bit. I was just stating that it seems to be a real challenge for big AAA game developers to build a game thats as large as The Show and run it on current gen hardware at a locked 60 FPS. Which is why I was so surprised when Mr.Oldboy pointed out that Phantom Pain achieves that.

Pes 2016 is 60fps
Fifa 2016 is 60fps
NBA2K16 is 60 fps
NHL 2016 is 60 fps
Rocket League is 60 fps ( indie, ok )
Even NBA Live 16 is 60 fps

The Show is 30 fps, with noticeable drops during cutscene, fielding and when panning the camera. In the presentation twitch there's no mention to fps, you should ask yourself why. It's pretty obvious. I'm not here to claim that's an issue. If you're sensible to fps, it is. If you're not sensible, it is not. And yes, it affects the gameplay. But for the love of god, stop the train "it's 60 fps !", "it's smooth !" or "i'm fine with that !". It's about having legit informations.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:42 PM   #250
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
Pes 2016 is 60fps
Fifa 2016 is 60fps
NBA2K16 is 60 fps
NHL 2016 is 60 fps
Rocket League is 60 fps ( indie, ok )
Even NBA Live 16 is 60 fps

The Show is 30 fps, with noticeable drops during cutscene, fielding and when panning the camera. In the presentation twitch there's no mention to fps, you should ask yourself why. It's pretty obvious. I'm not here to claim that's an issue. If you're sensible to fps, it is. If you're not sensible, it is not. And yes, it affects the gameplay. But for the love of god, stop the train "it's 60 fps !", "it's smooth !" or "i'm fine with that !". It's about having legit informations.

You mean sensitive...not sensible....
...and it's not 30 FPS...no way....no how.

Lastly.....why bother saying it's 60 FPS locked as they always have....someone is always going to dispute it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #251
Pro

I'm sure if the developers wanted they could show a fps ticker onscreen in a twitch stream to alleviate anyone's concerns or to simply just prove the game is indeed running at 60 fps. Not that it's a huge deal to me but still the game should be able to achieve this if so many others have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 01:32 PM   #252
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Well call me impressed 16 looks like the first version to finally take a real leap forward for commentary!

First of all I really like that they have 3 different TV style presentations depending on who the home team is. This will definitely give the game more uniqueness. And the added popup HR stat overlay while the batter is crossing home plate is a welcomed addition and long over due. All the new player celebration animations Sony has added for different game situations for rounding the bases after home runs and so on really add much more variety between the players and makes it really feel like they all have different personalities. It's great that they made Inside the show faster. The day and night aerials are nice and definitely help make the presentations feel like a real life broadcast on TV. The conversations about the players is a FANTASTIC addition and will only get better and better as Sony adds more and more content. And I LOVE to hear that Sony is trying there best to not have the same story play over and over again. I just love hearing all the commentary guys talk to each other about what the player did in his last game or last at bat and how he is doing in general.The more stat driven talking from the commentary's the better. Also and this is a big one for me personally I so happy that the commentary will now say the players name much more often. Also the commentary was shorted so no more delayed commentary calls on hits is nice. Lets be honest the commentary in MLB The Show has pretty much been the same since the PS2 days. And 16 is really the first time we are getting pretty big changes in how the commentary is delivered. I look at this as phase 1 of the commentary improvements! It will take Sony a few years to get the commentary to where we all want it to be. But from what I watched and heard in this stream I am finally feeling good about the future as far as commentary is concerned. Like some of you here I am a big fan of how 2K commentary is delivered. But I can finally really see MLB The Show getting on par with 2K in the next 2 years or so if not even better then 2K. It really was never Matt Vasgersian fault why the commentary has been so boring and stale and too video game sounding like over the years. If Sony keeps adding tons and tons of content for all 3 commentary's and keeps improving the way way it's all delivered then I can see MLB The Show having the best commentary in any sports game in a few short years! Sony just has to keep building on what they have done in 16! My hats off to this new development commentary team as I think they have done a great job for phase 1 In this stream there were still some moments where some of the commentary guys did not say the players name which would have been nice. I would like to see this improved in the future so the commentary almost always says the players name in any situation either before,during or after the action in the field. That is very important to me for sure. Also this stream really did not show the commentators ever really talking about happenings around the league like standings, scoring updates trades and so on. This needs to be in the commentators Presentation along with stat overlays while they are talking. Also I think when they are showing the batting orders for each team the commentary should at least highlight one batter to talk about along with that players name highlighted on the batter overlay display a long with his photo shown next to his name. And also when they show the pitcher stat overlay before he throws his first pitch the color commentary show talk a little about his record and other tid bits. And I definitely want to here a lot of conversations between all 3 commentators talking about not only the current game but perhaps about things happening around the league or even telling a short funny story. And how about having Matt Vasgersian asking the fans a trivia question with an overlay display in say the 3rd inning and then later in the game say the 7th inning revealing the answer and even the color commentators can take a guess before Mat reveals the answer. This is the kind of things I hope to see Sony add to MLB The Show's presentations and commentary in the near future. O and lets not forget maybe short preview match up from a studio maybe from a women broadcaster before you head out to the game and a post game show re cap with the same woman broadcaster and video highlights. I don't even need to see her just hearing a voice with stat overlays would be fine like how 2K has been doing it for years.

Anyway I have said enough and the last thing I just want to say is I think Sony should go crazy this next game cycle on Presentation and commentary it should be there number 1 thing they work on for 17!

Last edited by tnixen; 02-29-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #253
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Well call me impressed 16 looks like the first version to finally take a real leap forward for commentary!

First of all I really like that they have 3 different TV style presentations depending on who the home team is. This will definitely give the game more uniqueness. And the added popup HR stat overlay while the batter is crossing home plate is a welcomed addition and long over due. All the new player celebration animations Sony has added for different game situations for rounding the bases after home runs and so on really add much more variety between the players and makes it really feel like they all have different personalities. It's great that they made Inside the show faster. The day and night aerials are nice and definitely help make the presentations feel like a real life broadcast on TV. The conversations about the players is a FANTASTIC addition and will only get better and better as Sony adds more and more content. And I LOVE to hear that Sony is trying there best to not have the same story play over and over again. I just love hearing all the commentary guys talk to each other about what the player did in his last game or last at bat and how he is doing in general.The more stat driven talking from the commentary's the better. Also and this is a big one for me personally I so happy that the commentary will now say the players name much more often. Also the commentary was shorted so no more delayed commentary calls on hits is nice. Lets be honest the commentary in MLB The Show has pretty much been the same since the PS2 days. And 16 is really the first time we are getting pretty big changes in how the commentary is delivered. I look at this as phase 1 of the commentary improvements! It will take Sony a few years to get the commentary to where we all want it to be. But from what I watched and heard in this stream I am finally feeling good about the future as far as commentary is concerned. Like some of you here I am a big fan of how 2K commentary is delivered. But I can finally really see MLB The Show getting on par with 2K in the next 2 years or so if not even better then 2K. It really was never Matt Vasgersian fault why the commentary has been so boring and stale and too video game sounding like over the years. If Sony keeps adding tons and tons of content for all 3 commentary's and keeps improving the way way it's all delivered then I can see MLB The Show having the best commentary in any sports game in a few short years! Sony just has to keep building on what they have done in 16! My hats off to this new development commentary team as I think they have done a great job for phase 1 In this stream there were still some moments where some of the commentary guys did not say the players name which would have been nice. I would like to see this improved in the future so the commentary almost always says the players name in any situation either before,during or after the action in the field. That is very important to me for sure. Also this stream really did not show the commentators ever really talking about happenings around the league like standings, scoring updates trades and so on. This needs to be in the commentators Presentation along with stat overlays while they are talking. Also I think when they are showing the batting orders for each team the commentary should at least highlight one batter to talk about along with that players name highlighted on the batter overlay display a long with his photo shown next to his name. And also when they show the pitcher stat overlay before he throws his first pitch the color commentary show talk a little about his record and other tid bits. And I definitely want to here a lot of conversations between all 3 commentators talking about not only the current game but perhaps about things happening around the league or even telling a short funny story. And how about having Matt Vasgersian asking the fans a trivia question with an overlay display in say the 3rd inning and then later in the game say the 7th inning revealing the answer and even the color commentators can take a guess before Mat reveals the answer. This is the kind of things I hope to see Sony add to MLB The Show's presentations and commentary in the near future. O and lets not forget maybe short preview match up from a studio maybe from a women broadcaster before you head out to the game and a post game show re cap with the same woman broadcaster and video highlights. I don't even need to see her just hearing a voice with stat overlays would be fine like how 2K has been doing it for years.

Anyway I have said enough and the last thing I just want to say is I think Sony should go crazy this next game cycle on Presentation and commentary it should be there number 1 thing they work on for 17!
words words words...

sorry, I didn't read your "largest single paragraph ever". I started to, but then it was making me dizzy.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #254
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:

Spoiler
Old 02-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #255
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Spoiler

The idea of having a female broadcaster before the game for the game intro is a good idea, MLB 2k used to do this. As well as singling out one player and talking about them before the game. MLB 2k had some good presentational aspects, including showing fans walking around the concourse before the game and entering the stadium.

I also really like the trivia question idea, you see that in a lot of broadcasts. Basically, the best course of action would be to watch a fox broadcast or sunday night baseball broadcast, basically one of the primetime games (any broadcast would be fine i guess) and try to emulate some of their presentation aspects. A female reporter or male (Ken Rosenthal does it a lot too), that can chime in at random points in the game, maybe make any mention of relevant things happening around the league.

As for presentation and commentary being the number one priority for MLB 17...*cough*player models *cough*

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #256
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Spoiler
LOL no lie, I scrolled back up to make sure it wasn't daniel7773 posting.

Just light-heartedly ribbing you a little, Daniel (and tnixen too).

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 02-29-2016 at 09:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »