Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2016, 10:58 PM   #241
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp2002
This has actually always been an issue with me ever since I got back into the series in 2008, the uniform numbers have always looked unrealistically low. Its an issue that, imo, really needs to be addressed next year, its literally the only thing that breaks that realistic immersion for me. This was something I was going to post about, but I figured I would wait until an MLB 17 improvements thread was made later on this year.

But seeing you guys mentioned it, I feel the number placement would be perfect if they cut the gap between the name and number in half......

With the jerseys that have no name on the back, the numbers should sit even higher up than that.
I'm with you in that this should be high priority for 17. Would be on our way to a very great game. With all the improvements we know they will have for 17, next year is shaping up to be a golden one for The Show. Right now uniforms really stand out and need help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2016, 11:07 PM   #242
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
I'm with you in that this should be high priority for 17. Would be on our way to a very great game. With all the improvements we know they will have for 17, next year is shaping up to be a golden one for The Show. Right now uniforms really stand out and need help.
Oh we have a really great game right now. haha

But yeah, that uniform number tweak would be more pleasing to the eye than anything and I would welcome it with open arms. Actually, the first post I ever created in this forum back in 2010 was about that same issue with the uniform numbers. So, I have been pressing that issue on and off for a while now. I've been waiting patiently for this long, a little bit longer of a wait won't hurt too much....hopefully. lol
Old 02-29-2016, 12:26 AM   #243
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
First off, hale-frickin-llujah for Stride Analog being brought back. I posted a few times about my disappointment when it was taken out last year and though I still enjoyed 15, I definitely played it less than other years and not having the stride played a big part in my enjoyment. Super pumped it's coming back.

I've also mentioned this before, but I'll say it again...I've played this series since before it was known as The Show. Thousands upon thousands of games across Franchise, RTTS and DD. To this day, I still enjoy Matt Vasgersian as the play by play guy for this game. No matter what the devs do, lines will repeat. But there is something about hearing Matt Vasgersian introduce a game and call a game in The Show that just feels right. Happy he's here to stay.

The colour commentators, I'm indifferent to. I can't remember any sports game where the colour guy didn't start to annoy me, and it always happens well before the play by play guy. So, even though I don't really like either colour guy in The Show (though Lyons is far more annoying), their inclusion doesn't detract from the experience. Not for me.

Everything about this stream looks great. This year's game, as an overall package, looks to be the biggest leap forward in quite some time. I say it every year but kudos once again to the development team. And a hearty thanks for the long hours you guys put in so some knucklehead just outside Toronto can enjoy his favourite sport replicated in video game form as well as any game has ever replicated any sport.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Good to see you back!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:55 AM   #244
MVP

For starters the commentary never bothered me, it is great to see improvements in this area. One of the things that puzzle me is San Diego has some good presentation elements in the game that they could use right now e.g. shorten the frequency when we get to see strike out montage. If a pitcher gets to 4 or 5 batters show us that, not wait til it gets to 10 don't make this so rare to see. If a player makes a great play, when he is up next at bat don't just show us his HR show us his great defense, or an error he made that a player advanced to a base or scored a run. We get too see high/lowlights.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 02-29-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:22 AM   #245
Rookie

I am so pumped there is a trade slider in this years game! Such a great feature add. Would also like to know if expanded award acolate tracking will be present in franchise mode/RTTS ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #246
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
If a player makes a great play, when he is up next at bat don't just show us his HR show us his great defense, or an error he made that a player advanced to a base or scored a run. We get too see high/lowlights.
Yes,why not a replay of a 3 run dbl,isn't that a bigger play than a solo HR. Its like when i play NBA2k all you see is replays of dunks or 3's, its like nothing else that happens in the sport matters besides the flashy stuff.

Was disappointed there was no improvements with replays,was hoping to see some sort of re-cap of the important plays replayed to create a "story" of the game going into the final few innings. Something like what Fifa16 does at half time.

And if there was one other little thing i was disappointed not seeing improved it was that there still doesn't seem to be much emphasis given to the runner scoring/crossing home.
In a game i played today the cpu hit a drive to CF, i threw the ball to home trying to get the runner who was on 2nd heading home, it was a very close play with the runner safe with the go ahead run. At that point in the game (top of the 7th) it was the most important play of the game,yet there was no mention of it at all and the game continued onto the next at bat.I had to go into the replay to see just how close it was.

Sorry to be a bit negative. But overall i am totally rapt with all the improvements i have seen so far and a big thanks to all the guys at SDS.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #247
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp2002
Oh we have a really great game right now. haha

But yeah, that uniform number tweak would be more pleasing to the eye than anything and I would welcome it with open arms. Actually, the first post I ever created in this forum back in 2010 was about that same issue with the uniform numbers. So, I have been pressing that issue on and off for a while now. I've been waiting patiently for this long, a little bit longer of a wait won't hurt too much....hopefully. lol
We do indeed have a very nice game. Great not quite yet for me. Very good though. The uniforms need help. Honestly, even the normal ones have severe issues and yeah it is kind of taking out the realism when you have to stare at these guys all game and the numbers and little details on everything is so far off from reality. Uniforms are something that needs explicit attention and it's pretty obvious this issue was never seriously considered for PS3 and this has seeped into PS4 development as well.

If uniforms are not fixed by 17 that would be intensely disappointing. It's the one remaining thing that seriously sticks out as completely obnoxious. Not really sure who made the choice for such a terrible template system but let's hope that person isn't there anymore because that choice has literally made the game inaccurate for a decade now.

With that being said commentary looks pretty good this time around. I think by 17 this will also be really well done for the most part. Looking kinda like I need to wait another year until I introduce myself to next gen Show. Will probably get the digital deluxe next year then. That is if they fix uniforms lol.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 02-29-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:02 AM   #248
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
We do indeed have a very nice game. Great not quite yet for me. Very good though. The uniforms need help. Honestly, even the normal ones have severe issues and yeah it is kind of taking out the realism when you have to stare at these guys all game and the numbers and little details on everything is so far off from reality. Uniforms are something that needs explicit attention and it's pretty obvious this issue was never seriously considered for PS3 and this has seeped into PS4 development as well.

If uniforms are not fixed by 17 that would be intensely disappointing. It's the one remaining thing that seriously sticks out as completely obnoxious. Not really sure who made the choice for such a terrible template system but let's hope that person isn't there anymore because that choice has literally made the game inaccurate for a decade now.

With that being said commentary looks pretty good this time around. I think by 17 this will also be really well done for the most part. Looking kinda like I need to wait another year until I introduce myself to next gen Show. Will probably get the digital deluxe next year then. That is if they fix uniforms lol.
You will be pleased with the Twins road pants this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »