Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2016, 05:48 AM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 0
This game is going to be amazing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2016, 06:14 AM   #226
Rookie

This commentary is going to be off the hook
Old 02-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #227
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Has Begun - Presentation, Play-By-Play & Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I haven't had more than 5 hours of sleep a night since the new year. I'm basically surviving off red bull and kale smoothies to keep from passing out lol.
I just want to say as a casual baseball fan (not even that, anymore) that you guys have done a tremendous job. I'm so excited for this game that I went on a grabbed a PS4. I was gonna wait. MLB 15 didn't knock my socks off from what I saw. But this thing right here looks truly special. Kudos!!!
Old 02-28-2016, 11:11 AM   #228
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

I don't want to be THAT guy, but everyone around here is fine performance wise ? Especially while fielding, i've noticed drops in FPS. I know the huge list of presentation/graphic improvments, but we haven't any official word about FPS ( 30 ? 60 ? ). Strange, because nowdays it's one of the very first detail by devs.
Last MLB wasn't very stable, to be honest.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #229
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
I don't want to be THAT guy, but everyone around here is fine performance wise ? Especially while fielding, i've noticed drops in FPS. I know the huge list of presentation/graphic improvments, but we haven't any official word about FPS ( 30 ? 60 ? ). Strange, because nowdays it's one of the very first detail by devs.
Last MLB wasn't very stable, to be honest.
I can never judge these things just by watching a stream, too many variables involved. But based on previous history, they never comment on frame rate. I've been asking about cutscene frame rate since the 15 previews last year, it seems as though it is something they are not able to comment on for whatever reason.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #230
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperman240
Also we aren't on ps3/360 anymore, so its doable now while maintaining 60fps.
Neither MLB 14 or 15 on PS4 maintain 60 FPS now. The crowd seems to be the major hurdle.

I was annoyed that the MLB 15 trailers were at 60 FPS, and showed no stutter when the camera flew over the crowds, but I chalked it up to industry practice. I wasn't going to single out SDS when the whole industry does things like this.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #231
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Neither MLB 14 or 15 on PS4 maintain 60 FPS now. The crowd seems to be the major hurdle.

I was annoyed that the MLB 15 trailers were at 60 FPS, and showed no stutter when the camera flew over the crowds, but I chalked it up to industry practice. I wasn't going to single out SDS when the whole industry does things like this.
Thats a difficult thing to achieve really. Consider the sheer scale of the game and the console hardware we have to run it on. Its pretty much impossible for 'The Show' to run at 60 FPS. The only way that would ever happen with a game this size is if 'The Show' was a PC game and you had a computer heavy duty enough to run it at that speed. I am surprised that SDS is able to get this game to even load up as quickly as it does, thats really impressive to me.

Look at a majority of the big AAA games released on home consoles today (first party and third party) The only games that truly run at 60 FPS are last gen remasters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2016, 06:39 PM   #232
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp2002
Thats a difficult thing to achieve really. Consider the sheer scale of the game and the console hardware we have to run it on. Its pretty much impossible for 'The Show' to run at 60 FPS. The only way that would ever happen with a game this size is if 'The Show' was a PC game and you had a computer heavy duty enough to run it at that speed. I am surprised that SDS is able to get this game to even load up as quickly as it does, thats really impressive to me.

Look at a majority of the big AAA games released on home consoles today (first party and third party) The only games that truly run at 60 FPS are last gen remasters.
AAA games can and do run at 60 fps, or close to a locked 60. SDS always state they are targetting 1080p/60 so the goal is not a fantasy. Granted the game does not run at a locked 60 so your point is partially valid. But with optimization and a few visual cutbacks I don't think 60 is an unreasonable goal for The Show. In a game that is so heavily based around timing 60 fps is an important aspect for gameplay, not just visuals. Everything uses timing in the game, meter pitching, pulse, directional hitting, button accuracy throwing, etc. Having a locked framerate is essential. Remember a few years back when the game had a pretty serious hitching problem while batting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »