Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2016, 12:11 AM   #217
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperman240
Well before NBA 2k had the pre and post show didn't they have a story of some sorts for my career mode? (equivalent to RTTS) If they can implement a sort of story mode for progression, interviews and interacting with a 3d manager when wanting to make decisions rather then just that talk manager option. I think that would come first before the pre and post show game as I feel like it would be easier to implement, but it would be cool if they can do either or, or both.
I don't think a "story mode" would work in RTTS every MLB player has a different path to the Majors and it wouldn't be fun for those of us who create multiple players to go through the same scripted storyline whenever we create a new character. What I would love to see in RTTS would be more media interaction answering post game interview questions along with more press and stuff at the All star game and in the playoffs. NBA 2K actually did all of that in 2k11-2K13 without a story. I'm sure there are a bunch of former players who could come in and record some lines if not I wouldn't mind having Ramone's voice for my player :P

Last edited by zello144; 02-28-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:16 AM   #218
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I don't think a "story mode" would work in RTTS every MLB player has a different path to the Majors and it wouldn't be fun for those of us who create multiple players to go through the same scripted storyline whenever we create a new character. What I would love to see in RTTS would be more media interaction answering post game interview questions along with more press and stuff at the All star game and in the playoffs. NBA 2K actually did all of that in 2k11-2K13 without a story. I'm sure there are a bunch of former players who could come in and record some lines if not I wouldn't mind having Ramone's voice for my player :P
Well that's sort of what I meant, not a fully fledged out story, but just something to see your character grow and actually interact with the press and your manager. And depending on what you tell the press when you get questioned it can affect your moral and/or other teamates moral.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:18 AM   #219
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
The moon would be nice, but would have to have correct positioning and phases or else it would be dumb. Like when 2k had a full moon during every night game on their baseball game.

And you cannot see stars from a ballpark or a large city, too much ambient light.
You know what'd be nice....more than 3 body types. It also be great if I could see who won the World Series back in 2007 without having to google it, or winning the MVP award and seeing it in the player card. No offense but there are literally hundreds of things that should be addressed first before discussing the moon and stars.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:29 AM   #220

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
You know what'd be nice....more than 3 body types. It also be great if I could see who won the World Series back in 2007 without having to google it, or winning the MVP award and seeing it in the player card. No offense but there are literally hundreds of things that should be addressed first before discussing the moon and stars.
I feel like you've been told this over and over but apparently it has to be said again.

Completely different departments work on the differences you are talking about.

And that is not to say I care about seeing the moon because I could not care less.

There is complaining about a post just to complain which is an example of what you just did or there is a constructive way to make a point about something which I rarely see you do.

Last edited by kehlis; 02-28-2016 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:13 AM   #221
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I feel like you've been told this over and over but apparently it has to be said again.

Completely different departments work on the differences you are talking about.

And that is not to say I care about seeing the moon because I could not care less.

There is complaining about a post just to complain which is an example of what you just did or there is a constructive way to make a point about something which I rarely see you do.
Fair enough. So who handles player models, body types etc? I feel like that's where the focus should be. Now don't get me wrong, I'll be the first to say this game is incredible, but I think the players should look better before anything else. That includes stadiums, sky, fans whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2016, 01:17 AM   #222

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Fair enough. So who handles player models, body types etc? I feel like that's where the focus should be. Now don't get me wrong, I'll be the first to say this game is incredible, but I think the players should look better before anything else. That includes stadiums, sky, fans whatever.
I'm not sure what you're asking by who handles it? I don't know those details.

There are different teams that work on stadium art/player art/gameplay/stats, etc...

You're not out of line to voice your concern, but to say one thing takes away from the other is where you're incorrect.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:21 AM   #223
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm not sure what you're asking by who handles it? I don't know those details.

There are different teams that work on stadium art/player art/gameplay/stats, etc...

You're not out of line to voice your concern, but to say one thing takes away from the other is where you're incorrect.
I see your point. Sorry if I came off dickish
Old 02-28-2016, 02:52 AM   #224
Rookie

Quote:
I would also like to chime in on the body type issue. I agree that there should also be more then 3 body types, but there's something else that needs tweaking. Its the body shape.

If you were to compare the overall body of the players in this game compared to real life or 2K, something feels off. As if they are not adult men, they sort of have the body of a young boy. Its something that has bothered me since I made the jump from 2K to The Show. I think I've read in the past that it'll be hard to fix that as it would mess up the motion capture.

Once the devs finally get a chance to focus on this, I'll be one happy camper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »