Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2016, 07:25 PM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
MLB 2K7 also ran at 30fps (half the frame rate of The Show)...Sometimes low 20's. MLB 2K8 was well downgraded when they decided to "try" 60fps.
Thats true, but I would have much preferred they stuck with the engine they had for 2k7, the one they used for 2k8 and up was meh.

Also we aren't on ps3/360 anymore, so its doable now while maintaining 60fps.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #210
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperman240
Thats true, but I would have much preferred they stuck with the engine they had for 2k7, the one they used for 2k8 and up was meh.

dang 2k7 had good looking grass for its time.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2016, 08:17 PM   #211
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
The devs have stated that just because something was achievable on a previous gen, that doesn't necessarily mean it's immediately feasible on current gen. It's not always a case of pure horsepower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 08:38 PM   #212
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Dope stuff, wish jerseys moved in the wind though
Quote:
Yeah thats one of the few things I would love to see implemented into the show ever since I saw it done in MLB 2k7. Its crazy to think that a game thats almost 10 years old had that and The Show still doesn't, here's hoping to next year.
It is pretty cool to see in game, but Its not one of those must have features for me. Thinking back on it in 2K, it was like they were always playing in a wind tunnel. haha
Old 02-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #213
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarningTrackPower
This may be something to ask during the graphics stream, but I see the broadcast being able to use this as well..

Can we get the moon and stars in the sky? I'm not sure if the stars would be visible from field level with all the lights on (maybe they're visible?) but I can't tell you how many MLB broadcasts I've seen where they show a shot of a full moon coming back from a commercial break. It would be cool to have the accurate moon phases as well.

Just a thought...
The moon would be nice, but would have to have correct positioning and phases or else it would be dumb. Like when 2k had a full moon during every night game on their baseball game.

And you cannot see stars from a ballpark or a large city, too much ambient light.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:56 PM   #214
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
A bit upset about the lack of broadcast streaming for all online modes. I have friends that just want to enjoy the whole show of a baseball game. It should be optional. I mean, com'on it's baseball, i don't want to fast play every online match, especially if i play with a friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
This isn't an issue for me because I would never use it but I think people are asking for this option not in matchmade games versus random people that are ranked, but for us against friends and in opt-in online leagues.

Not wanting to be annoying but I came across this 'issue' playing playing vs friends in MLB 15, as many people it appears have had too, where you hit the touchpad and send a challenge but your friend never receives it. With DD adding play vs friends I thought it should be mentioned. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mlb-15-a.html
You don't want to understand it right loo. Proves my point concerning the opinion I have have about those online gamers.

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 02-27-2016, 11:08 PM   #215
MVP

zello144's Arena

At some point in the future I hope that we get a pre and post game show like what the folks at Visual Concepts have done with their basketball games.

(No Joe Buck though please no)
If it could look something like that being able to get me excited for every game it would be amazing.

It's understandable if it can't happen because it's a pretty small dev team and probably don't have all the resources and time to make sure it functions properly but a guy can dream.

Last edited by zello144; 02-27-2016 at 11:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 11:33 PM   #216
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
At some point in the future I hope that we get a pre and post game show like what the folks at Visual Concepts have done with their basketball games.

(No Joe Buck though please no)
If it could look something like that being able to get me excited for every game it would be amazing.

It's understandable if it can't happen because it's a pretty small dev team and probably don't have all the resources and time to make sure it functions properly but a guy can dream.

Well before NBA 2k had the pre and post show didn't they have a story of some sorts for my career mode? (equivalent to RTTS) If they can implement a sort of story mode for progression, interviews and interacting with a 3d manager when wanting to make decisions rather then just that talk manager option. I think that would come first before the pre and post show game as I feel like it would be easier to implement, but it would be cool if they can do either or, or both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »