Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2016, 10:51 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

I don't have a video example, but this was a well-known issue in MLB 15...
There were posts about it on OS
Old 02-26-2016, 11:08 PM   #194
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy4747
I don't have a video example, but this was a well-known issue in MLB 15...
There were posts about it on OS
All the well known examples have been addressed as best as our animation set will allow.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:43 PM   #195
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Damnit I knew I wasn't explaining right. I was talking about CPU vs CPU where the pitch call out is off since that is what was shown in stream. I forgot they took the option out for player vs cpu.

What I'm basically saying is I want the functionality that we had when the scorebug was first added, where we could turn the callout off and still have the pitch speed displayed in the scorebug. As it is now I don't think we can do that or am I missing a setting in MLB 15?

I just loaded up a CPU vs CPU game and the pitch callout is off, but no speed in scorebug.
It was gone from CPU vs CPU/MOM in MLB 15 (don't remember it was also gone in MLB 14... it probably was).

It was something Woodweaver once fixed in a patch after so many tears were shed by MOM crowd. It was probably really a patch and didn't leave in the code base permanently, and I think the next year it was gone again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 01:38 AM   #196
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Dope stuff, wish jerseys moved in the wind though
Old 02-27-2016, 02:33 AM   #197
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
It was gone from CPU vs CPU/MOM in MLB 15 (don't remember it was also gone in MLB 14... it probably was).

It was something Woodweaver once fixed in a patch after so many tears were shed by MOM crowd. It was probably really a patch and didn't leave in the code base permanently, and I think the next year it was gone again.
Edit: I went back and found the thread. I guess it may have been like that at community day that year, but in the gameplay videos it was not displaying in the scorebug. Ramone said it wouldn't make it in and then the community day guys said they saw it at CD. After some explaining it ended up getting in the game before release. I think it was in that year, 13, then not in 14 or 15. I wonder if it'll ever get added back in. Since they took out the pitch callout on/off in the options I guess they'd have to bring that option back for it to work in player vs CPU modes.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-27-2016 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:30 AM   #198
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0

I love how much work goes into announcing in the games. It's hard to get that natural feeling of an actual game. I'm saying how in The Show, the announcing seems enthusiastic instead of a more natural chat. If we can gets calls that sound like normal announcing would that bring people deeper into the game?
I know they aren't actors and it's hard to do things in a studio. But imagine getting throat screeching calls after huge plays that pump you up Someone mentioned in a NHL thread using clips from real games. That would be cool, but how would that match with the studio calls? Plus I'm assuming those clips probably have a copyright on them anyway.
It would be awesome if one day we can gets games that sound like these links I have below. I'm not knocking the announcing or the game. Just throwing thoughts out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oi-...bEJuB_BZ9K86bj

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6337119...att-vasgersian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GazZFzZ__4Y
Old 02-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #199
Banned

OVR: 21

I have always thought that they should dump the color guys. It does not matter how many lines they record. The bottom line is if you play as many games/seasons as many of the hard core users do you are going to hear tons of repetition. It can never be fresh for the long run.

I would rather have enhanced play by play and let Matt spit out relevant stats for the players and situations than have 1 or 2 color guys trying to add things. It just cannot work effectively.

Now, if you are a casual gamer and play once in a while it might satisfy, but for the type of folks who love the game and play franchise mode for x number of years it is a no win.

C
Old 02-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #200
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

First off, hale-frickin-llujah for Stride Analog being brought back. I posted a few times about my disappointment when it was taken out last year and though I still enjoyed 15, I definitely played it less than other years and not having the stride played a big part in my enjoyment. Super pumped it's coming back.

I've also mentioned this before, but I'll say it again...I've played this series since before it was known as The Show. Thousands upon thousands of games across Franchise, RTTS and DD. To this day, I still enjoy Matt Vasgersian as the play by play guy for this game. No matter what the devs do, lines will repeat. But there is something about hearing Matt Vasgersian introduce a game and call a game in The Show that just feels right. Happy he's here to stay.

The colour commentators, I'm indifferent to. I can't remember any sports game where the colour guy didn't start to annoy me, and it always happens well before the play by play guy. So, even though I don't really like either colour guy in The Show (though Lyons is far more annoying), their inclusion doesn't detract from the experience. Not for me.

Everything about this stream looks great. This year's game, as an overall package, looks to be the biggest leap forward in quite some time. I say it every year but kudos once again to the development team. And a hearty thanks for the long hours you guys put in so some knucklehead just outside Toronto can enjoy his favourite sport replicated in video game form as well as any game has ever replicated any sport.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »