Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-26-2016, 06:31 PM   #185
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

I'm more concerned with the fact that they accidentally used Ice-T's face in place of Mookie Betts'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #186
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Just finished watching the stream.

Pros

-The whole idea of 'threading' and having a conversational approach where the story/conversation can be tabled/re-started depending on game action is a great idea. Real broadcasts are more like this and less one liners about just factual things going on. It will be interesting to see as more and more of this content is added.

-The idea of the announcers having a "memory" of what they've already said is also a fantastic idea so they stop repeating earlier lines. Also good on them for ridding the game of the "does he need to throw his curveball for strikes?" conversation. The fact that I can quote Steve Lyons' response to this question even after not turning the game on in over a month shows how tired that particular exchange became.

-The ground ball and fly ball apex content brings a little more zest and specificity to playing defense. In the past, I always liked it when I'd get the "and the ball lands in the gap between outfielder X and outfielder Y" lines. Rarely were the names ever spoken on defense and this will make that part of the game seem less robotic.

-The "aerial" shots in each city (and having a nighttime shot and a daytime shot) is a welcome addition. A lot of teams show either interesting shots of fans, the city, or the outside stadium when going to commercial or coming back from commercial breaks.

-Sounds like they added helmet rubs for the Cubs. Or in the words of Kirby: "Helmet rubs.......indeed."

Cons

-I wasn't impressed with the batter walk-up replies by Lyons and think that will get really stale really quickly. It seems like it's all a variation of "this player is hitting above XXX average in his past 10 games" or "this player is hitting below XXX in his past 10 games and needs to pick it up." For adding hundreds/thousands of these lines, it already sounded stale.

-The commentary team is in a bit of a weird spot where they have such a huge amount of lines of commentary that adding in almost 15,000 new lines (as was advertised in this stream) is hardly noticeable. When watching the Dodgers-Angels game, I could identify almost all of the lines as being in the game before.

-The bottom line is that Steve Lyons and Eric Karros probably need to be replaced. Vasgersian is fine and it would be impractical to replace him, but Lyons and Karros just don't add much and it would be wise to start recording lines for replacement color guys.

-I got the feeling from the presentation/commentary "fact sheet" that they just re-stated "we have xx new lines of commentary" in about 17 different ways to make it seem like there were bigger and more drastic changes than there actually were. The true test was when they let the game play out, and it basically sounded the same as it would've in '15.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:19 PM   #187
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2
I'm still enjoying '15. I'm going to be really pumped on the 29th.

The commentary definitely needed to be improved. The color analysis was horrible and non-existent.

Can't wait to here about the franchise improvements.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #188
Rookie

masterchaoss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Haha I keep asking Ramone if there's been an addition of some sort of award tracking system. NBA 2K has awards in the player card, so with all this talk about commentary being driven by stats and accolades, I was hoping that it'll find its way in the show. I
yeah I'm also hopping that show a list of championship teams as well as other award winners, because as someone coming from 2K i can say it makes the game tons more enjoyable when you can see the complete list championships and awards in the history of a sport, seeing you're dynasty along side others.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:38 PM   #189
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
That's what I'm saying, there is no pitch callout setting in MLB15. I can confirm though, that the pitch/speed displays in the scorebug with everything off (clean screen).

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Damnit I knew I wasn't explaining right. I was talking about CPU vs CPU where the pitch call out is off since that is what was shown in stream. I forgot they took the option out for player vs cpu.

What I'm basically saying is I want the functionality that we had when the scorebug was first added, where we could turn the callout off and still have the pitch speed displayed in the scorebug. As it is now I don't think we can do that or am I missing a setting in MLB 15?

I just loaded up a CPU vs CPU game and the pitch callout is off, but no speed in scorebug.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:40 PM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 2

I asked this question to everybody, in general...never received a reply or answer to this important issue with last year's game:

The lack of urgency from outfielders throwing the ball in quickly to the infielders, when there is at least one base runner on ?!
Old 02-26-2016, 10:44 PM   #191
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy4747
I asked this question to everybody, in general...never received a reply or answer to this important issue with last year's game:

The lack of urgency from outfielders throwing the ball in quickly to the infielders, when there is at least one base runner on ?!

I know the devs keep reiterating about preloading, but I have to concede in that I sometimes preload right after the ball is hit and I still get slow throw animations from outfielders in gaps resulting in tons of triples. I adjust the sliders to accommodate. They added a lot of new animations and some outfield throws look pretty good so maybe this will be a bit better this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 10:49 PM   #192
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy4747

Do you have a video example?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »