Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-26-2016, 12:44 AM   #113
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Has Begun - Presentation, Play-By-Play & Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
online franchise still fast play only.....ouch buzzkill
Very dissapointed in this. Nothing worse then opening day/playoffs/word series with no presentation. Win the world series and nothing. Gm over
Old 02-26-2016, 12:45 AM   #114
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Has Begun - Presentation, Play-By-Play & Commentary

The commentary looks to be well improved, the back and forth about Tulo was especially good, and they said they have those for a lot different players too. Can't wait to hear some.

The time lapse thing between innings , i think they called them aerials, look really good, and they have 2 per team, one for day games and one for night games.

I was hoping to hear something about crowd reaction in big moments, for key hits, etc. And overall crowd atmosphere. Wondering about any changes there. Hopefully some new walk-off and series winning presentations.

The accessories on the players also looked a lot better in this stream compared to past ones.

I wish Bryce Harper looked better though, that batting stance doesn't do him justice, and he looks kind of small.

And no new hair/beards in create a player is a mini heartbreaker.

Last edited by Factzzz; 02-26-2016 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:51 AM   #115
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

I like the 3 different overlays they showed. I wonder if the transition screens like where the MLB The Show 16 logo flash are different. Maybe future editions they'll do something like that to really bring out the TV production feel.

I wonder too if there are different overlays when you get to playoffs. Imagine one for the DS, one for the CS, and one for the WS! It would be a lot of work to do all of that but again in the future it's something I'd love to have. Really step up the playoff feeling with some fancy pants graphics and transitions. A different set for spring training and for the minor league games would be sweet too. I love that we have reached the point that since the fundamentals are so well done they can branch out and add these neat little things.

They didn't talk much about or show the improvements to crowd reactions. It seems to be a very difficult thing for most games to get right for some reason. Any chance it would be possible to get a full length game video before release? Like a 9 inning CPU vs CPU game uploaded to YouTube or something of just full unedited gameplay? I'm craving it man..

Please tell me Bryce's hair flip is in the game somehow.. Although if it was I doubt they would leak it they probably would want us to discover it on our own.

Another thought. When the game is on fast play (like playing online) how does that affect the commentary? Do we still get stories like the tulo one? I'd love to have the announcers talk about my players and my opponent players DD stats.. like from the last 10 games played and stuff of that nature.

Last edited by BrianU; 02-26-2016 at 01:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 01:11 AM   #116
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Presentation & Much More (Archive Available)

Just watched the entire presentation stream... I am blown away.

That Tulo story (the one re: "threading") was superbly done. The story itself was great, and the quick intermittent comments to gameplay were also masterfully done. No lengthy sentences wasted on simple strikes and balls, just keeping the "viewer" ******ly updated, and then back to the story.

Exactly as it is done in real life.

The aerials were great too, especially the Nevada (I think) one with the rocks and stuff.

Out of the three or four videos I've seen, this stream definitely left the biggest impression on me. So many additions that are not only great in concept, but great in execution.

Edit: I mean Arizona, not Nevada... because that's the state that actually has a baseball team in it. whatever it's 1 am and I'm going to bed.

Last edited by Bobhead; 02-26-2016 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:16 AM   #117
All Star

I'm sorry if this was asked and I missed it...

Can quick presentation be turned off in a online franchise this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2016, 01:29 AM   #118
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I'm sorry if this was asked and I missed it...

Can quick presentation be turned off in a online franchise this year?

Nope we still get shafted and stuck with fast play

Old 02-26-2016, 01:33 AM   #119
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I haven't had more than 5 hours of sleep a night since the new year. I'm basically surviving off red bull and kale smoothies to keep from passing out lol.
I hope you enjoy your vacation after the game releases...I am utterly excited about the game and we haven't even gotten to see the franchise stream.

I didn't like it initially but the gradual seep of information was truly the way to go versus just giving us everything at once like in previous years. It really allows the fan base to see/understand what changes have been made to each facet of the game.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:36 AM   #120
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Just watched the entire presentation stream... I am blown away.

That Tulo story (the one re: "threading") was superbly done. The story itself was great, and the quick intermittent comments to gameplay were also masterfully done. No lengthy sentences wasted on simple strikes and balls, just keeping the "viewer" ******ly updated, and then back to the story.

Exactly as it is done in real life.

The aerials were great too, especially the Nevada (I think) one with the rocks and stuff.

Out of the three or four videos I've seen, this stream definitely left the biggest impression on me. So many additions that are not only great in concept, but great in execution.

Edit: I mean Arizona, not Nevada... because that's the state that actually has a baseball team in it. whatever it's 1 am and I'm going to bed.
I believe it was actually Colorado they said. I was expecting more snow it did look very sunny and warm!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »