Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-24-2016, 01:51 PM   #185
Rookie

lilrosati56's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Still no indicator to let you know that a player is stealing a base. This has been a problem for several years now. I hope it's possible to finally fix this.

Edit: Something as simple as the respective base icon in the scorebug flashing red to let you know he's stealing a base would be a great help.
I've never had an issue with this. I guess if you use the pitcher view camera with runner windows off it might be an issue, but other than that I'm not sure what else would be needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 01:57 PM   #186
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrosati56
I've never had an issue with this. I guess if you use the pitcher view camera with runner windows off it might be an issue, but other than that I'm not sure what else would be needed.

They could have an infielder screaming "going!" through the speaker of the controller.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:01 PM   #187
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

i wonder if they solved the Replay issues from 15 like balls going right through bats and check swings having weird animations where the bat actually floats to the position it ends at while the players check swing is in motion. things like that.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #188
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Check out the picture I posted.
it is a day game with light coming through but the roof and upper part of the stadium are not gold or yellow.
The difference is that your picture is during a day game, while the game they were playing in the broadcast was a night game and the "gold" you were seeing was the sun light from the sunset.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #189
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
i wonder if they solved the Replay issues from 15 like balls going right through bats and check swings having weird animations where the bat actually floats to the position it ends at while the players check swing is in motion. things like that.
I'm think those things have been explained in the past based on the way they have to "make up" and insert frames that didn't exist at real time in order to produce slow motion in replay. Something like that. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #190
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I also noticed the stat overlay where it shows the On deck batter is transparent and you can hardly see it. I am going to assume this is just happening becasue this build is still a WIP.

Hopefully that will not happen in the final game.
That was a bug. It was actually remnants from a prior pop-out.

Also, you mentioned the "tilt" in the fish eye batting cam... That was intentional, as it is actually an offset cam, to help with better picking up curveballs/sliders. I'm sure you can make a custom cam, based off of the default and remove the offset. That's what I did when I played with it.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 02-24-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:27 PM   #191
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
The difference is that your picture is during a day game, while the game they were playing in the broadcast was a night game and the "gold" you were seeing was the sun light from the sunset.
I have been to plenty of night games at Chase Field and the roof has never appeared to be yellow or gold when the sun sets. Sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #192
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
The game is looking amazing. That being said, I know I'll get some heat for this, but some of you are guys are getting ridiculous with your nitpicking. There are fundamental baseball improvements that should still be made and people are complaining about the sun setting at center field instead of right field.
Although kehlis already spoke about the fact that people have different wants, I can say two things about this matter (even though I have not spoken about them myself):

1) The developers have made mention for the past couple of years on how they have the correct sun orientation for every field, so if they are off by a substantial amount then I believe that would be a legitimate concern, no matter how big or small you feel it is.

2) If a sun is going down in center field in any stadium, that is a problem by design.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »