Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #177
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More

So is WAR the only new stat added this year? Based on the screencap from Mr Oldboy it looks like all of the weird stats that can only be found here are still in the game, and I haven't seen anything like wOBA, wRC+, xFIP, etc.

Guess we'll find out for sure when the franchise info drops!

Edit:

Oh yeah, regarding stat-based progression - I really don't think that its a good idea, simply for the fact that the ratings provide a wide range of statistical outcomes. There are far too many factors to say, "oh player X hit 30 hr's this year but he only has 55 power, he needs a boost!" If he can already hit 30 homeruns with 55 power, why change it? As Knight and Tbarnes said, it only leads to a slippery slope.

Now the only caveat is if there is some mechanical change, but its not like the game is designed to handle that kind of thing on its own...

Last edited by seanjeezy; 02-23-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:06 PM   #178
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Listening to the Q&A stream they mentioned more about player morale. The strong majority of players are 'Satisfied' and the extremes are much more rare.

The attribute changes don't affect any physical attributes, only mental ones. Players will not gain/lose speed on pitches or run speed.

Also my favorite thing, they mentioned the sim stats last year for pitchers were a bit overpowered and they reworked them. I'll be checking the complete games/shutouts/saves as the first thing when I get the game hope to see it better this year.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:24 PM   #179
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

After hearing a little more on player morale I'm excited for the franchise stream next week.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #180
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Listening to the Q&A stream they mentioned more about player morale. The strong majority of players are 'Satisfied' and the extremes are much more rare.

The attribute changes don't affect any physical attributes, only mental ones. Players will not gain/lose speed on pitches or run speed.

Also my favorite thing, they mentioned the sim stats last year for pitchers were a bit overpowered and they reworked them. I'll be checking the complete games/shutouts/saves as the first thing when I get the game hope to see it better this year.

What stream are you talking about? GIMME!!!

Nevermind, found it. I think there are so many different stream/video threads that I mistake them for old ones, when they're new.

Last edited by Kalkano; 02-23-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:25 AM   #181
Banned

Beatles's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
It would be nice if all players had agents. For instance, Bryce Harper is a Boras client so Boras would never let his player sign an extension and always wants as much money as possible. Trout, on the other hand, did sign an extension with his team because he has a different agent.

Maybe you make it so only A or B potential players can get signed to mid season extensions. It can even become a little mini game like agent says player A will only sign an extension for so and so amount. You can then gauge the FA market to see if he will command more or if it will be an overpay on your part. There can even be an option to speak directly to the player. I think it can be a great addition and it's one less thing you need to worry about in the offseason. I am really not sure why this feature is not in the game. Can anyone give me a good explanation as to why my idea is terrible?
Am I being too unrealistic here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 04:40 AM   #182
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Not unrealistic, maybe just redundant with agents. If they can flesh out the contracts more I think what you want would be added to the game without needing agents. Some players would be willing to sign extensions and others wouldn't even consider and go to FA. You don't need agents, just a more robust and diverse set of traits a player has when it comes to negotiating the financials of contracts, not just total money. When they do expand on contracts I bet this is something they will consider as it's been requested often. More financial options for contracts, extensions and more diverse financial/contract requirements to sign players. They're adding in some of that with morale this year.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-24-2016 at 04:46 AM.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:53 PM   #183
Giddy up!

MetsFanInPA's Arena

I suppose it would be disappointing if Jose Bautista was willing to re-sign easily.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:09 PM   #184
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
It's theoretically achievable in the PS4, BUT, I think there are some legal issues. SCEA wouldn't have the likeness rights to actual agents or companies, and it would become a constant matter of not making the representation "too close".

For example, if Bryce Harper's imaginary agent acted too similarly to Scott Boras, Scott Boras and co could file a claim.

It's not like with the fake umpires where each umpire is completely random, everyone already knows who Bryce Harper's agent is in real life, so if Bryce Harper gets an agent in The Show, lawyers are already going to be watching.

Kinda like the fake players of old. EA got in trouble just because Fake Barry Bonds produced similar numbers to real Barry Bonds. They didn't look alike or anything. But since everyone knew Fake Barry Bonds was supposed to be real Barry Bonds, EA had a lot less "wiggle room" to argue it was a coincidence.

Last edited by Bobhead; 02-24-2016 at 07:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »