Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-24-2016, 01:11 PM   #177

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
The game is looking amazing. That being said, I know I'll get some heat for this, but some of you are guys are getting ridiculous with your nitpicking. There are fundamental baseball improvements that should still be made and people are complaining about the sun setting at center field instead of right field. Or there is a chair missing in the third row of section 412. Are you guys serious? You want to talk about improvements that matter, how about a better variety of body types? How about uniform tops still look too baggy in the sleeves? They finally started with full career stats but how about keeping track of career awards? To me, those are the meat and potatoes of the game. When I play the game, I look at the players majority of the time, not the upper deck in right field. This isn't intended for anyone in particular, but some people have taken nitpicking to a whole new level. This is a video game...and an amazing one at that. Try to be thankful for all the game has given us because Madden is still crap and this is still the only baseball game. You know a game is truly great when people start nitpicking the texture of the dirt in the outfield. Sorry for venting, I didn't mean to disrespect anyone if I did.

Everything is relative with respect to each individual's wants/needs. Those things you prioritize above may not be the priority over the other things you mentioned to others. Nature of the beast.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #178
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Game looks beautiful. Looking forward to March 29th!

That said, Matt V. must have some dirty pictures of the devs because the commentary sounds exactly the same. Hope I'm surprised, but it's just really bringing down an otherwise stellar game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2016, 01:31 PM   #179
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7
MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Then you would understand that its NOT mandatory for a player to get scanned. They may not have a scan on Buxton.

Maybe he didn't get scanned but to have the top 2 picks of a draft class Correa and Buxton looking generic is a huge disappointment.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #180
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

I really hope one of the pre-order bonuses is a doctor's note dated March 29.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:43 PM   #181
Rookie

VinceJulien14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
Game looks beautiful. Looking forward to March 29th!

That said, Matt V. must have some dirty pictures of the devs because the commentary sounds exactly the same. Hope I'm surprised, but it's just really bringing down an otherwise stellar game.

they've been playing on quick play and mashing X a lot, so hopefully they added some more lines that we haven't heard yet!
I agree though, there's no sports game that has good commentary though. NBA2K is the best, but even that gets really repetitive

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #182
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
The game is looking amazing. That being said, I know I'll get some heat for this, but some of you are guys are getting ridiculous with your nitpicking. There are fundamental baseball improvements that should still be made and people are complaining about the sun setting at center field instead of right field. Or there is a chair missing in the third row of section 412. Are you guys serious? You want to talk about improvements that matter, how about a better variety of body types? How about uniform tops still look too baggy in the sleeves? They finally started with full career stats but how about keeping track of career awards? To me, those are the meat and potatoes of the game. When I play the game, I look at the players majority of the time, not the upper deck in right field. This isn't intended for anyone in particular, but some people have taken nitpicking to a whole new level. This is a video game...and an amazing one at that. Try to be thankful for all the game has given us because Madden is still crap and this is still the only baseball game. You know a game is truly great when people start nitpicking the texture of the dirt in the outfield. Sorry for venting, I didn't mean to disrespect anyone if I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Everything is relative with respect to each individual's wants/needs. Those things you prioritize above may not be the priority over the other things you mentioned to others. Nature of the beast.
I agree with both of you gentlemen in the sense that I prioritize the things mentioned in the above post (stats, stats, stats, and gameplay, with a dash of visuals). I also agree that there is a matter of perspective and different strokes for different folks.

To add to this, I would say that although I sometimes chuckle to myself at how certain posters want/obsess over seemingly trivial things, I also realize that every request and constructive criticism is helpful to the devs. There's a reason the purple names are on here 24-7 this time of year and they undoubtedly get a lot of ideas about what to do and not do (and probably get some laughs and some rage from reading). I think the game benefits greatly from having so many people interested in critiquing so many facets of the game.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #183
MVP

zello144's Arena

One thing I noticed during the stream at Chase field when the roof was closed you guys said that the fielder didn't get to the ball because he lost it in the sun. How is it possible to lose the ball in the sun when the roof is closed?
Old 02-24-2016, 01:49 PM   #184
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I thought that it was sunlight coming through.
Check out the picture I posted.
it is a day game with light coming through but the roof and upper part of the stadium are not gold or yellow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »