Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #161
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1409
This is a minor question and everything is looking great. Do we know if out of town score boards will update real time in franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'll probably have to ask that next week during the franchise stream.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #162
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream Starts at 5:00 PM ET, Discuss Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I believe they said in one of the streams it won't become pitch black anymore so we'll see.
Wait a minute... they're taking away the pitch black? That sounds like a step backward. Ambient light from inside the stadium is what causes the pitch black appearance outside the stadium.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-24-2016, 11:41 AM   #163
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Game is looking awesome but there are a few things that caught my eye that could be improved in the future.

1. I noticed in the new fish eye camera that it tilts left and right depending on if you have a right or left handed batter. And because of the tilt when you have a runner on 3rd base with a right handed batter at the plate you can not see the runner on 3rd at all he is completely hidden. I would have liked to see the fish eye camera without tilt.

2. The lighting looks fantastic however it goes from daylight to complete darkness way too quick!

3. I also noticed that in the Rogers Centre they brought back the scrolling team logo on the LED board around the stadium. I personally think the team name on those LED boards should not scroll at all just like how it was in the early videos it should be just static with only showing animations on home runs and stuff. Also realistically those LED boards should not even have the team name over and over again on them. They are missing a lot of in game stat LED's which Rogers Centre and all other stadiums have in real life.

4. While I will say that sunset coming though Chase Filed looks absolutely fantastic how realistic is it really? Like "jake44np" said does Chase Field actually look like that in real life when the sun is going down? While I really appreciate the lighting improvements I still want the lighting to reflect the real life stadiums as close as possible.

5. And last but not least I found it very interesting what Russell said how someone contacted him on twitter a few weeks ago showing him screenshots of that new section in Target Field and they actually got it in with less then 2 weeks before they ship. So this got me thinking if Sony can get that new section in Target Field in after someone shows them a screenshot with so little time left then why can't they get in upgrades for example things that I have sent them like 5+ yeas ago for Citizens Bank Park in? Of course I have yet to see Citizens Bank Park for 16 so perhaps lots of stuff finally got upgraded.

Last edited by tnixen; 02-24-2016 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #164
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Those licensed arm sleeves look awesome!

Would be really cool to see licensed arm bands/wrist bands in 17.

Last edited by The Kid 24; 02-24-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:59 AM   #165
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goplen5
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Mariners' cream jerseys made it in this year? Still haven't seen anything on that.

Otherwise, this game is absolutely stunning and perfect. Props to Ramone and all the devs.

Was asked on stream and they said they didn't know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 12:00 PM   #166
MVP

tnixen's Arena

I also noticed the stat overlay where it shows the On deck batter is transparent and you can hardly see it. I am going to assume this is just happening becasue this build is still a WIP.

Hopefully that will not happen in the final game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12744220.jpg (232.3 KB, 240 views)
Old 02-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #167
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I thought that it was sunlight coming through.
I thought that stadium faced straight up north? Which would be odd to see that much sun if it was that.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:04 PM   #168
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

I know the pitcher can get a boost or decline in confidence during a mount visit. Would be cool it they can add a visual in the future where you can see how much it went up or down. Like put +4 next to the circle or something

Last edited by LastActionHero; 02-24-2016 at 12:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »