Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements (GameStop)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements (GameStop) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-24-2016, 02:42 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements (GameStop)

Hi guys! First of all sorry for my English, I'm Spanish I'm a great fan of American sports, specially MLB and i have a question for you: as we all know last year the game hadn't stride in pure analog and for me it was a shock because i loved hitting form in MLB THE SHOW 14, now is there any remote possibility for the inclusion of stride this year? Otherwise you would know to say which is the best option for the hitting?

Thanks and sorry again for my English

Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 03:04 AM   #106
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenerife10
Hi guys! First of all sorry for my English, I'm Spanish I'm a great fan of American sports, specially MLB and i have a question for you: as we all know last year the game hadn't stride in pure analog and for me it was a shock because i loved hitting form in MLB THE SHOW 14, now is there any remote possibility for the inclusion of stride this year? Otherwise you would know to say which is the best option for the hitting?

Thanks and sorry again for my English

Cheers

As mentioned in other threads, it is not likely to be in when the game ships, but the developers are working on getting the analog stride back in the game by a patch. It is a good news for analog users.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:50 AM   #107
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That jersey is correct based on the style guide. I just checked.
https://twitter.com/Ramone_Russell/s...67575491182593

It changed again?
Old 02-24-2016, 04:02 AM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
As mentioned in other threads, it is not likely to be in when the game ships, but the developers are working on getting the analog stride back in the game by a patch. It is a good news for analog users.

Yes it is! I hope so!

Thank you very much for your answer
Old 02-24-2016, 04:05 AM   #109
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

For analog players, does the stride part that was removed impact gameplay or is it just controlling the visual leg kick of the batter that was removed? If you can't tell I spend 99% of my time on zone.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:11 AM   #110
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
For analog players, does the stride part that was removed impact gameplay or is it just controlling the visual leg kick of the batter that was removed? If you can't tell I spend 99% of my time on zone.
Yes, it does affect gameplay (or rather, did). Good/Bad stride timing factored into the PCI and gave a contact boost/penalty.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:15 AM   #111
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yes, it does affect gameplay (or rather, did). Good/Bad stride timing factored into the PCI and gave a contact boost/penalty.
So what does it do in MLB 15? What did good or bad timing in analog affect last year?

I remember from before that if you timed the start of your analog leg kick at the right time the PCI got a bonus. Is it just basically directional in MLB 15, but you can use the analog stick instead of buttons?

That seems like a big thing to add back in and bet the balance right at the last minute. Especially with the new precision input and their heavy emphasis on online play this year. If they add it back in I hope it is balanced against the other control types, but it'll be hard to test out in such a short amount of time.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-24-2016 at 04:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 04:29 AM   #112
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
So what does it do in MLB 15? What did good or bad timing in analog affect last year?

I remember from before that if you timed the start of your analog leg kick at the right time the PCI got a bonus. Is it just basically directional now, but you can use the analog stick?
No, in 15 the load-up analog was only used to determine normal/power swing. The timing skill element of it was removed and that's what people wanted back.

To take it back to the old way requires three things - Changing the load-up back to the stride timing system, re-implementing the contact/power adjustment that accompanies it (otherwise there'd be no point), and mapping the contact and power swing controls back to the face buttons you'd press/release before the windup (Square for power, circle for Contact, no button press for normal)

Quote:
That seems like a big thing to add back in and bet the balance right at the last minute. Especially with the new precision input and their heavy emphasis on online play this year. If they add it back in I hope it is balanced against the other control types, but it'll be hard to test out in such a short amount of time.
You're right, it does. It needs its own seperate controller layout from the other options because of those contact/power controls, for one thing.

Last edited by bcruise; 02-24-2016 at 04:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »