Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-23-2016, 11:56 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

Game looks absolutely beautiful. I think it was in the IGN stream, but I did notice that during the pre-game intro and the new starting line-up screen (where it overlooks the entire stadium from the stands behind home plate), that the home plate netting disappears. It's a super nit-picky detail but I just thought I'd bring it up in the off-chance that it could be fixed. Keep up the great work.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:57 PM   #114
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

The game looks really good, the direction SCEA is heading is a really good one, especially the way they listen and respond to the community.

Closed roof stadiums look amazing, it did look like it went to night time (pitch black outside) pretty quick in the Arizona game though.

The new swing types look good, looks like they're paying more attention to what kind of follow through players have in real life now because of it. I noticed Russell Martin had his follow through changed to a two handed follow through, since the last stream where he had a one hand follow through. Hopefully that kind of attention has been given to players all over the league, so guys like Posey, Votto, Brandon Phillips, Lorenzo Cain, Jose Reyes, Nelson Cruz etc. don't have one hand follow throughs (those were just off the top of my head, there's many more).

I also noticed that some of the licensed equipment weren't on the players, like no licensed elbow guard were worn, all generic ones. I also noticed in earlier streams players had generic sunglasses on. So i'm guessing the licensed arm sleeves, protective gear, and sunglasses haven't been put on the current players yet. Hopefully they can get that done.

I also hope Kevin Pillar can get a beard if it's not too late, he had one all of last year basically.

Spoiler

Old 02-24-2016, 12:00 AM   #115

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Exactly right. But the issue is SCEA's "process" is such that you can bank on a face scan being in MLB '18 for a rookie who debuts this season.

I'm sure there are and have been exceptions to the 2-year cycle, but the problem is that people already have a shaky understanding of which face scans get in when. Giving them "hope" that Buxton and Correa's scans could be in by saying SCEA could've scanned whoever (MiLB players included) in spring 2015 gives people false hope, making them think said player's scan should be in. Then we get the "gee, when will so and so's face scan be in!...I am so outraged and so disappointed!" comments when the expectation is 2 years out and people just don't understand this is the norm.

Part of the issue is that a lot depends on the exact timing of the scanning, because players are sprawled all over into a variety of camps/split squad games during the spring, and when they get to the actual scanning, many of the players could have already been assigned to "minor league camp" and hence wouldn't be present when the major leaguers are being scanned. Thinking from SCEA's perspective, it's already a massive undertaking to get the MLBPA guys scanned each year, the SCEA employees aren't likely thinking "so and so could get promoted this year, possibly, so we better scan him just in case." 'Could be promoted' is true of a great many players, and as you mentioned, it's impossible to predict to the point of why would they even waste time trying?

TL;DR: All I'm trying to say is that I think it's best to look at it as it takes 2 years for the face scans to show up in the game and be pleasantly surprised if our expectations are exceeded here and there.
I was only commenting on your post saying it can't be done if they aren't part of the MLBPA which isn't true.

Regardless of your ultimate point, the way you stated it isn't correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 12:01 AM   #116
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7
MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Did you pay attention to the part where Ramone talked about the face scanning process?

I've been playing the Show since '09 I understand the scanning process completely. Buxton was in Spring Training in 2015 therefore he was probably scanned then, that's why I thought he would look true to life.

I don't think a player has to be part of MLBPA to get scan and when he makes his debut the year later he will be part of game. Heyward had a perfect scan after his first season. It didn't take 2 spring trainings to get him right it took only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2016, 12:10 AM   #117
All Star

Question back when pulse pitching was first introduce there was talk about maybe adding a way to control how much break or speed you can put on a pitch like you can with meter pitching or analog pitching. That is still something you couldn't do last year and I have not heard any thing about that since the first year pulse pitching was put into the game I think like 4 years ago. Is there any changes that could still happen at some point in time?
Old 02-24-2016, 12:17 AM   #118
Rookie

Does anyone know if stride made the cut???

Old 02-24-2016, 12:18 AM   #119

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx2khazard

Cut date hasn't happened yet.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:19 AM   #120
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx2khazard

Not on the disc. Possible day one patch, per Nick Livingston.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »