Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-23-2016, 11:31 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
This game looks top notch

My one quibble is whenever we're playing the Red Sox it seems like there's a ton of Sox fans in the crowd. We have actual fans who show up now!

...at least when we win
I think those are actually Blue Jays fans. They're wearing those red Canada shirts that have been in the game for a while. Wish they would've substituted those with blue shirts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 11:35 PM   #106
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You're correct in saying they can't use the likeness unless they are part of the MLBPA but your last sentence says it all. They can scan whoever they want whenever as long as the participant is willing.

The hard part is determining who from ST is projected to be someone they may need a scan for the following season rather than two years down the road.
This sums it up. Also as Ramone said a lot of guys decline to do scans. It's not manditory for the players to participate.

Those who complain about Mike Trout's scan should blame Mike Trout. SCEA has asked him a few times to do some things for them and he's declined everytime.........what do people expect them to do when a player says no thanks? Nothing they can do.

Trout is one of many examples.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:35 PM   #107
MLB The Show Designer

Lorne_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I know they have talked about the matte helmets but not sure if they have been shown in any other streams...but I noticed the black matte batting helmets the Dbacks were using during this stream. They look very nice
This is the first time it's been shown in a stream because it was just checked into the game last night.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:44 PM   #108
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You're correct in saying they can't use the likeness unless they are part of the MLBPA but your last sentence says it all. They can scan whoever they want whenever as long as the participant is willing.

The hard part is determining who from ST is projected to be someone they may need a scan for the following season rather than two years down the road.
Exactly right. But the issue is SCEA's "process" is such that you can bank on a face scan being in MLB '18 for a rookie who debuts this season.

I'm sure there are and have been exceptions to the 2-year cycle, but the problem is that people already have a shaky understanding of which face scans get in when. Giving them "hope" that Buxton and Correa's scans could be in by saying SCEA could've scanned whoever (MiLB players included) in spring 2015 gives people false hope, making them think said player's scan should be in. Then we get the "gee, when will so and so's face scan be in!...I am so outraged and so disappointed!" comments when the expectation is 2 years out and people just don't understand this is the norm.

Part of the issue is that a lot depends on the exact timing of the scanning, because players are sprawled all over into a variety of camps/split squad games during the spring, and when they get to the actual scanning, many of the players could have already been assigned to "minor league camp" and hence wouldn't be present when the major leaguers are being scanned. Thinking from SCEA's perspective, it's already a massive undertaking to get the MLBPA guys scanned each year, the SCEA employees aren't likely thinking "so and so could get promoted this year, possibly, so we better scan him just in case." 'Could be promoted' is true of a great many players, and as you mentioned, it's impossible to predict to the point of why would they even waste time trying?

TL;DR: All I'm trying to say is that I think it's best to look at it as it takes 2 years for the face scans to show up in the game and be pleasantly surprised if our expectations are exceeded here and there.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:44 PM   #109
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
This is the first time it's been shown in a stream because it was just checked into the game last night.
Perhaps you know the answer to this, did the updates to Rangers Ballpark make it in?
Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 PM   #110
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Am I the only one who is disgusted...
Probably, yeah.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 PM   #111
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Exactly right. But the issue is SCEA's "process" is such that you can bank on a face scan being in MLB '18 for a rookie who debuts this season.

I'm sure there are and have been exceptions to the 2-year cycle, but the problem is that people already have a shaky understanding of which face scans get in when. Giving them "hope" that Buxton and Correa's scans could be in by saying SCEA could've scanned whoever (MiLB players included) in spring 2015 gives people false hope, making them think said player's scan should be in. Then we get the "gee, when will so and so's face scan be in!...I am so outraged and so disappointed!" comments when the expectation is 2 years out and people just don't understand this is the norm.

Part of the issue is that a lot depends on the exact timing of the scanning, because players are sprawled all over into a variety of camps/split squad games during the spring, and when they get to the actual scanning, many of the players could have already been assigned to "minor league camp" and hence wouldn't be present when the major leaguers are being scanned. Thinking from SCEA's perspective, it's already a massive undertaking to get the MLBPA guys scanned each year, the SCEA employees aren't likely thinking "so and so could get promoted this year, possibly, so we better scan him just in case." 'Could be promoted' is true of a great many players, and as you mentioned, it's impossible to predict to the point of why would they even waste time trying?

TL;DR: All I'm trying to say is that I think it's best to look at it as it takes 2 years for the face scans to show up in the game and be pleasantly surprised if our expectations are exceeded here and there.
That being sad, these guys should have scans...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...-rookies.shtml
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 11:51 PM   #112
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
That being sad, these guys should have scans...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...-rookies.shtml
Assuming they made themselves available, yep. People will be rejoicing at Abreu, Baez, Betts, and C-Mart especially being included.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »