Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements (GameStop)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements (GameStop) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #89
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements (GameStop)

Just a nutty theory that I have, but I predict that 17 will be the year of the player overhaul. Revamped and expanded models, possibly new face scan tech, corrected jersey numbers, sweat bands, cloth physics, etc. could all be part of a singular focus for next year. I have no proof but it would make sense.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #90
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Just a nutty theory tha
t I have, but I predict that 17 will be the year of the player overhaul. Revamped and expanded models, possibly new face scan tech, corrected jersey numbers, sweat bands, cloth physics, etc. could all be part of a singular focus for next year. I have no proof but it would make sense.
Honestly, 17 is going to be the game to get. It's going to have all the fundamental polish we want on the forums. 16 is another building year. They are starting finally from a very good foundation from now on. It will be a long wait but I hope 17 really kills it in all categories.

Of course 16 looks to finally be the year where the game actually seems a bit polished so people should have a lot of fun with this one.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:04 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 3

Does anyone know if they're bringing back user control of the back leg load-up, or 'stride', with analog hitting this year? I loved the feel of that. It was a relatively subtle change when introduced a few years ago but it really made hitting feel more fluid and true-to-life. Hitting feels a bit dull and stiff to me now without it. Don't know why they scrapped it in the first place
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 04:13 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadeo23
Does anyone know if they're bringing back user control of the back leg load-up, or 'stride', with analog hitting this year? I loved the feel of that. It was a relatively subtle change when introduced a few years ago but it really made hitting feel more fluid and true-to-life. Hitting feels a bit dull and stiff to me now without it. Don't know why they scrapped it in the first place

Was in reference to that question a few days ago.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #93
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaybay618
I was defending the nitpickers earlier but this is getting a little out of hand. There’s a difference between asking if a change has been made, or suggesting that one be made, and demanding a change like you’re entitled to it. Stop focusing so much on what the team didn’t do, and focus on what they did do. Given the cycle that they have, Sony San Diego exceeds what should be expected of them every year.

Bear in mind that EA didn’t even add female crowd members to Madden until like last year. Madden just recently started doing player scans and marketing it like a big deal, whenever The Show has been doing player scans for as long as I can remember. Also, despite having access to almost unlimited licenses, the only licensed equipment that Madden has in the game is a few outdated cleats. EA can’t even be bothered to add generic compression sleeves, let alone three different brands of sleeves like in The Show.

I’m not discouraging constructive criticism, but stop expecting every. single. feature of the game to be true-to-life, and just be appreciative to be getting an awesome game. You guys are a bunch of rage monsters.
Who is this directed at? I don't see anyone being unreasonable or disrespectful with their criticism in this thread.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:43 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
@BatmanRulez1 @MLBTheShow Won't be on the disc for lack of time to test. However, planning to patch it in, hopefully day 1. Stay tuned.
— Nick Livingston (@L1vingston) February 20, 2016
Was in reference to that question a few days ago.
Oh that's awesome! Thanks for the response
Old 02-23-2016, 04:56 PM   #95
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Apparently MLB hats are now sweat free.
I wear my authentic Yankees hat al, summer while outside doing yard work. No sweat stains ever appear. It stays strangely dry for that much sweat. So yes I believe they are sweat free.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 08:35 PM   #96
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Jesus...........
You guys hired him too?

That's some serious recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »