Home

MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-22-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57

Diamond Dynasty is a mode that began as just another Ultimate Team clone, using card collecting as a way to extend and monetize traditional gameplay. However, during the past few iterations, the mode has blazed a new trail by incorporating unique and interesting features. It's almost as if Diamond Dynasty is in a constant state of evolution; this year looks to be the biggest set of changes yet.

Here are some of my quick reactions while watching the most recent Twitch stream...

Read More - MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty
Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 03:57 PM   #2
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
-On the other hand, an additional form of currency (tickets) and a constantly refreshing store really reminds me of the free-to-play games that are rampant on mobile stores. MLB The Show has been pretty good about limiting "pay to win" strategies, and while this still doesn't seem like it will be pay to win, collecting various forms of currency is still a little off-putting.
Playing the game is the only way to get tickets period, can't buy them with stubs.

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 02-22-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thanks for the clarification Ramone
Old 02-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #4
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Playing the game is the only way to get tickets period, can't buy them with stubs.
I'm so glad you guys went about earning stubs that way. I also get put off by free-to-play/micro-transaction workarounds and shortcuts when it comes to earning in game rewards, especially when micro-transactions become forced on players. Rewarding the player for playing the game is the best way to go.

Judging by how it sounds, earning stubs and captain rewards in MLB 16 is going to feel really rewarding and satisfying. I still don't think it will top the feeling of pulling my first Diamond rated card ever last year though, that was a really great feeling! haha

I just can't wait to get my hands on the 2016 version of Diamond Dynasty! Last year's entry was the first to truly pull me in and change the way I play the game as a whole (being strictly a RttS player before last year).
Old 02-22-2016, 04:41 PM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Thanks Ramone, updated.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 04:47 PM   #6
Rookie

AceAmy's Arena

I am curious about the uniform customization, I hope there is just one addition, I have trouble making outlines on the front of the jersey text. Any tips?
Old 02-22-2016, 04:53 PM   #7
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

For me if logo transfer isn't in I will be very bummed. Excited to get into DD early, but not without my logo. Even if they just let us import our old one as a flattened image layer into the editor that would be good enough for me as long as it was a high quality image they import. They flatten it and display it on theshownation site, but those are pretty low quality.

If its not in I'll probably play other modes until I can muster up the strength to recreate it. For those that spent a lot of time designing their logo it is a tedious process to go through.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-22-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:54 PM   #8
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceAmy
I am curious about the uniform customization, I hope there is just one addition, I have trouble making outlines on the front of the jersey text. Any tips?
For jersey logos, I usually make a solid color script logo for the front, group it together, duplicate that group of layers four times over and then change the color of the fonts on those duplicate layers to whatever color I want the outline to be. Once I do that, I bring the colored original script logo to the front and then adjust the placement of the duplicate groups behind it, moving them out diagonally, all in opposite directions until they create an outline effect.

The end result looks really good, especially if you stack up multiple colored outlines. If you look at it closely in the logo template, its not flawless but on the uniforms in game, they look damn near perfect.

Last edited by mpulse24; 02-22-2016 at 04:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »