Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #153
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yea, the coach/manager attributes have always been ridiculous. Some of the best pitching coaches and managers in baseball always have like -2 and -3 attributes.
I'm sure in order to get managers and coaches to agree to be in the game the attributes are random. I'm not for or against it, just wondering if it has changed. As it currently exists it is a fantastic way to immediately improve your team.

I guess we will find out on March 1st.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #154
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Runs Created (RC) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) are two very different stats. wRC+ uses RC as well as many other offensive stats to create a rating between 0 and 200 where 100 is exactly league average. For example, if a player has a wRC+ of 115, that means offensively that player was 15% better than league average that year. In that screenshot, it appears to be regular RC, which is actually already in the game. I really hope they added wRC+ and other similar stats like ERA+, but I think maybe calculating league averages could be difficult in game.

When I saw it I hoped it was wRC+ as well, but it does not line up with that.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #155
Rookie

JDiaz1's Arena

I really wasn't sure where to post this but seeing as how Altuve and Correa have had their swings altered over the last few streams, as well as Rasmus finally losing that awful beard lol. I have an adjustment for Troy Tulowitzki that has just really surfaced today, I don't know if it is too late to get it into the game, but Tulo has added a leg kick. Here is a comparison gif of what I am talking about.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #156
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Wanted to post this and hope the Devs notice..

There are many great minds on here who test the game's franchise mode at length every year, and I am looking forward to what we see in 16 as I always am with a new release.

With the addition of career stats and WAR I am hoping the devs took a look at the simulated stats and did some work in that area. I remember in 15 the Saves stat was a bit off and they patched it, as well as some others. Also stolen bases that they tuned. For me the biggest issue I have which were not resolved are the RP stats (IPs) and complete games/shutouts for SPs. In 15 the latter two stats are around double what they should be.

I also frequently see people talking about pitchers overpowering hitters in later years of simulations. For me that isn't as a big an issue because I prefer playing 2-3 seasons max but I can see why it bothers many. I really just hope we see solid simulation stats because it adds a lot to the experience. It's all about the little things in franchise. The radio show was a great add but when you hear almost every other day about a complete game it takes something from it.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #157
Banned

Beatles's Arena

It would be nice if all players had agents. For instance, Bryce Harper is a Boras client so Boras would never let his player sign an extension and always wants as much money as possible. Trout, on the other hand, did sign an extension with his team because he has a different agent.

Maybe you make it so only A or B potential players can get signed to mid season extensions. It can even become a little mini game like agent says player A will only sign an extension for so and so amount. You can then gauge the FA market to see if he will command more or if it will be an overpay on your part. There can even be an option to speak directly to the player. I think it can be a great addition and it's one less thing you need to worry about in the offseason. I am really not sure why this feature is not in the game. Can anyone give me a good explanation as to why my idea is terrible?

Last edited by Beatles; 02-22-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #158
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Wanted to post this and hope the Devs notice..

There are many great minds on here who test the game's franchise mode at length every year, and I am looking forward to what we see in 16 as I always am with a new release.

With the addition of career stats and WAR I am hoping the devs took a look at the simulated stats and did some work in that area. I remember in 15 the Saves stat was a bit off and they patched it, as well as some others. Also stolen bases that they tuned. For me the biggest issue I have which were not resolved are the RP stats (IPs) and complete games/shutouts for SPs. In 15 the latter two stats are around double what they should be.

I also frequently see people talking about pitchers overpowering hitters in later years of simulations. For me that isn't as a big an issue because I prefer playing 2-3 seasons max but I can see why it bothers many. I really just hope we see solid simulation stats because it adds a lot to the experience. It's all about the little things in franchise. The radio show was a great add but when you hear almost every other day about a complete game it takes something from it.
I don't sim so I haven't gotten that far but I've not been able to get an answer from the people reporting this as to whether they are doing manual scouting to generate hitters in their franchise and whether they are doing manual training and whether they are using default sliders.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:24 PM   #159
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiaz1
I really wasn't sure where to post this but seeing as how Altuve and Correa have had their swings altered over the last few streams, as well as Rasmus finally losing that awful beard lol. I have an adjustment for Troy Tulowitzki that has just really surfaced today, I don't know if it is too late to get it into the game, but Tulo has added a leg kick. Here is a comparison gif of what I am talking about.

Is this a stance he's already used in a game? If he added it in the offseason, I really, really doubt they'll have it in there. Nor would I expect them to. Due to the MLBPA license, things like this probably have to debut in a real live game first before it becomes a likeness of the player.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #160
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiaz1

Don't get your hopes up because we are pretty much code locked. Including animations. Bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes rinse repeat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »