Home

MLB The Show 16 Live Stream (IGN)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Live Stream (IGN) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-22-2016, 09:30 AM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Having a face scan isn't up to SCEA. I'm not sure why the process isn't understood yet since it's been posted over and over.
Can you explain how the process goes, because I don't really know, pardon my ignorance. Is it face scan like on the FIFA games? Why then Abreu is the only one in the team for 2 years now, that does not have a proper face? He does not want to go take the pictures or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 16 Live Stream (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaesar99
Can you explain how the process goes, because I don't really know, pardon my ignorance. Is it face scan like on the FIFA games? Why then Abreu is the only one in the team for 2 years now, that does not have a proper face? He does not want to go take the pictures or something?
All you need to know about the process is that they can't compel anyone. If you grasp that concept, the individual cases are irrelevant. Why would you even consider buying the game when you so easily assume the developers are lazy?
Old 02-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #227
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
All you need to know about the process is that they can't compel anyone. If you grasp that concept, the individual cases are irrelevant. Why would you even consider buying the game when you so easily assume the developers are lazy?
Where or when did I said that the developers are lazy? I'm pointing out the only complaint that I have about the game. I didn't buy it last year because they didn't fix Abreu's and Cespedes's faces, which unfortunately for me are my 2 favorite players in baseball. Cespedes is actually from my hometown in Cuba. I have the game preordered this year. I love this game, please don't get me wrong.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:25 PM   #228
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaesar99
Where or when did I said that the developers are lazy? I'm pointing out the only complaint that I have about the game. I didn't buy it last year because they didn't fix Abreu's and Cespedes's faces, which unfortunately for me are my 2 favorite players in baseball. Cespedes is actually from my hometown in Cuba. I have the game preordered this year. I love this game, please don't get me wrong.
The devs show up at a teams ST facility and scans the players who were there that day. I think it's optional so a couple guys might have declined and a couple of the guys who were absent they don't get scanned either. Maybe Abreu and Cespedes said no? or they probably weren't there or if they did get scanned maybe they have one of those faces that gets screwed up for some reason when doing these types of things.
That's what I think they do not sure though

Last edited by zello144; 02-22-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #229
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

Staying on topic with the body types, I noticed in the Franchise video that Miguel Sano has the 'fat' body type as well. By no means is he in fantastic shape, but I truly think he falls under buff more than fat. Hopefully there's a chance it can get fixed, but if not, no big deal.
Attached Images
File Type: png sano.png (396.1 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg sano 3.jpg (194.7 KB, 225 views)
Old 02-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #230
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
The devs show up at a teams ST facility and scans the players who were there that day. I think it's optional so a couple guys might have declined and a couple of the guys who were absent they don't get scanned either. Maybe Abreu and Cespedes said no? or they probably weren't there or if they did get scanned maybe they have one of those faces that gets screwed up for some reason when doing these types of things.
That's what I think they do not sure though
Thanks for the response. Cespedes, by the videos I have seen has finally got a good scan.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:18 PM   #231
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
Staying on topic with the body types, I noticed in the Franchise video that Miguel Sano has the 'fat' body type as well. By no means is he in fantastic shape, but I truly think he falls under buff more than fat. Hopefully there's a chance it can get fixed, but if not, no big deal.

Lots of people have been pointing out the "fat" players this year. I guess at this point I'd rather they give everyone one of the two smaller types and then only assign the fat one to select players. There aren't that many players with bellies really. Marlon Byrd isn't "fat" with a gut. It's almost like the game automatically assigns the fat one when a player of a certain weight gets added in. WIP of course, but lots of "fat" players popping up in the streams this year. Hopefully if they show the same players in later streams there will be less of the "fat" body type.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #232
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaybay618
Total botch job on David Price's new pitching motion. He hasn't really made any adjustments to his delivery in years. His wind, leg lift, arm angle, follow through, they all look the same now as they did when he pitched for the Rays, so I'm not sure what could necessitate a new pitching motion, especially when the one they already had in the game was close to perfect. My single favorite thing about The Show is how well it captures player likeness (mainly batting stances and pitching motions), but sometimes they mess with pkayers too much. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Exactly what i was thinking when i saw his new delivery.

His delivery looked perfectly fine last year, 10x better than the new one he has this year.

His old delivery had his finish where he leaves one leg up and one arm up, no idea why they'd change it to one of these half finished deliveries they've been doing the last 2 years.

I also don't know why they changed Rizzo's batting stance from last year, his stance last year was a lot better last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »