Home

20 New MLB The Show 16 Screenshots

This is a discussion on 20 New MLB The Show 16 Screenshots within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2016, 08:17 AM   #81
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 20 New MLB The Show 16 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Nope it's the exact opposite changing them means the entire animation core no longer works. But we aren't talking about next year or the future. I'll just say that body type diversity and granularity is high on our list for 17, but that's not an indication of diddly. That's about all we'll say on the topic for now. We will continue to move forward with our process just like we did from the first year of PS3 until now. So far we've done ok by following that plan.
That is fine. Most of us are not demanding player models be ripped out if what you have is tweaked. Most of us know it may never be done in that fashion because of animations. And a lot of us are mostly happy with how things look year to year just for the model itself. Seems things are improving every year as you alluded to....

But stuff like the templates on jerseys? Yeah, not sure what would be preventing this from being changed or modded in. Inaccurate representation of the classic MLB jersey is not something I think most people want in a sports game of this stature. It just seems like a mistake made so long ago that no one wants to correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #82
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Nope it's the exact opposite changing them means the entire animation core no longer works. But we aren't talking about next year or the future. I'll just say that body type diversity and granularity is high on our list for 17, but that's not an indication of diddly. That's about all we'll say on the topic for now. We will continue to move forward with our process just like we did from the first year of PS3 until now. So far we've done ok by following that plan.
But can the number on the back be moved higher up on jerseys without names and can the sweat be removed from the hats and old time baggy paints look and also can cloth physics (2K style) be added without completely brand new player models though?

Last edited by tnixen; 02-21-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #83
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm already happy when the bulky players don't look like they have a pillow under their jersey
Old 02-21-2016, 12:55 PM   #84
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
I'm already happy when the bulky players don't look like they have a pillow under their jersey
I hope they kept the pillow bodies for Bartolo Colon.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #85
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
But can the number on the back be moved higher up on jerseys without names and can the sweat be removed from the hats and can cloth physics (2K style) be added without completely brand new player models though?
Does an MLB game really need cloth physics? NBA 2K needs it because the jerseys move around so much that it's an iconic part of basketball, but except for the MLB players who insist on looking like slobs, a baseball uniform should fit pretty well.

Cloth physics would be a neat addition, but is it a priority?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #86
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Does an MLB game really need cloth physics? NBA 2K needs it because the jerseys move around so much that it's an iconic part of basketball, but except for the MLB players who insist on looking like slobs, a baseball uniform should fit pretty well.

No it is not a priority but it would be cool to have the jerseys move on games with a lot of wind.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #87
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker

Cloth physics itself, i wouldn't say is a priority, but seeing as how stadiums and environment have seemingly been the main priority graphics wise since the Show moved to ps4, it's probably time player models are the number one priority.

And cloth physics is a big component when it comes to player models. Players differentiate in the way they wear their uniforms heavily. Some examples

Spoiler

All the material will hang differently and give player models actual uniqueness. I'm assuming this level of detail would be hard to implement though, but something i hope can be incorporated.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #88
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm really curious to see how the Nike and UnderArmor arm sleeves look on players, too bad we haven't seen those equipped on guys yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »