Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-22-2016, 12:52 AM   #145
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
With coaches now being part of player morale I wonder if they will still work the same way as before by providing + or - to the team based upon each coach or manager's attributes.
Yea, the coach/manager attributes have always been ridiculous. Some of the best pitching coaches and managers in baseball always have like -2 and -3 attributes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 12:56 AM   #146
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yea, the coach/manager attributes have always been ridiculous. Some of the best pitching coaches and managers in baseball always have like -2 and -3 attributes.
It will be nice to see if they've added some personality to the managers. In the game right now, managers are just a source of attribute boosts and there are no differences in how they manage a game or interact with their teams.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:27 AM   #147
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
It will be nice to see if they've added some personality to the managers. In the game right now, managers are just a source of attribute boosts and there are no differences in how they manage a game or interact with their teams.
Agree completely would like to see them make major changes.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:29 AM   #148
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Watched the GI video finally. Some curious things. One is that the ratings bonus from morale isn't displayed so I wonder what ratings were affected or is it just an artificial boost to OVR that the AI looks at. One thing I was wondering about was the region preferences and how they will be applied to players. Will all have a region preference in that they will want to be close to home. That could create some weird dynamics where all the canadian players want to play for the Blue jays and all the players from Washington want o play for Seattle. Or at least only get a ratings boost if on those teams. Hoping that these morale categories are applied randomly so that some players won't care where they play or if they have a compatriot.

Also Ramone showed all the stats tracked for Mauer. I'm assuming RC is wRC which is close to Fangraph's wRC. WAR is also close to fWAR.

The OVR boosts don't seem huge, except for Nunez where he had 5/7 "happy" and got a 4 point OVR boost. I wonder what the boost might be for 7/7 "happy" 5-7 OVR? That might be significant especially if it affecting ratings like CON/POW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mauer Stats1.JPG (44.7 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg Mauer Stats2.JPG (45.8 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg Encarnacion.JPG (40.0 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg Encarnacion ratings.JPG (38.5 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-22-2016 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:34 AM   #149
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Love all of it! Really impressed with everything I've seen in this video. Maybe have effects on attributes reduced a bit but no problem that morale effects player attributes at all.

In my mind if you are unhappy then you will under perform, sure it won't make you slower etc. but in the video game world with attributes this is probably the only way to achieve this. And it will force us to stop taking advantage and signing talents to long cheap contracts and loading our rosters.

And I was planning on skipping Show 16...dammit Russel, you guys came out of nowhere and now it's a day 1 purchase for me.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #150
Rookie

LeftyShortstop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Love all of it! Really impressed with everything I've seen in this video. Maybe have effects on attributes reduced a bit but no problem that morale effects player attributes at all.

In my mind if you are unhappy then you will under perform, sure it won't make you slower etc. but in the video game world with attributes this is probably the only way to achieve this. And it will force us to stop taking advantage and signing talents to long cheap contracts and loading our rosters.

And I was planning on skipping Show 16...dammit Russel, you guys came out of nowhere and now it's a day 1 purchase for me.
I used to skip the even years of the Show... So the Show 16 is great buy with all the new huge improvements.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:07 PM   #151
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Left me wanting so much more info on franchise...

Only mode I care about.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #152
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I'm assuming RC is wRC which is close to Fangraph's wRC. WAR is also close to fWAR.
Runs Created (RC) and Weighted Runs Created Plus (wRC+) are two very different stats. wRC+ uses RC as well as many other offensive stats to create a rating between 0 and 200 where 100 is exactly league average. For example, if a player has a wRC+ of 115, that means offensively that player was 15% better than league average that year. In that screenshot, it appears to be regular RC, which is actually already in the game. I really hope they added wRC+ and other similar stats like ERA+, but I think maybe calculating league averages could be difficult in game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »