Home

MLB The Show 16 Live Stream (IGN)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Live Stream (IGN) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2016, 06:12 PM   #217
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Live Stream (IGN)

Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2016, 06:48 PM   #218
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
For the millionth time...work in progress people.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
This is true, but it is sad that they do technically have a point. There are a lot of players every year that get generic or generated faces so their concerns are not without precedent. The hope now is that if they post early enough maybe their favorite player will get some attention before release. We've seen it before. I remember a few years back I posted about Matt Kemp's stance being off and shortly after a dev said they worked on it. A big one I remember was when the pitch speed would not get displayed on the score bug when you had pitch callout off, that got added in late too which was exciting. The scorebug may have been changed in MLB 15 to not include that though, but at the time it was cool to see the devs notice issues people had BEFORE release and get last minute fixes in.

We just had some posts about how some players seem to have gotten the "fat" body type. Maybe that gets fixed in the off chance that it was not going to get fixed anyways. The game has so much stuff in it that some extra free play testers can't hurt. Every day I see Ramone or other devs check in on stadium threads, etc. posting they'll look into it. Why waste such valuable interaction with developers? If we sat back and just thought, "It's a WIP, they'll surely fix it" many thing wouldn't make it in each year. Like Ramone has stated, they are a fairly small team and even gives shoutouts to the forums like OS/ShowNation on streams.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:33 PM   #219
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
This is true, but it is sad that they do technically have a point. There are a lot of players every year that get generic or generated faces so their concerns are not without precedent. The hope now is that if they post early enough maybe their favorite player will get some attention before release. We've seen it before. I remember a few years back I posted about Matt Kemp's stance being off and shortly after a dev said they worked on it. A big one I remember was when the pitch speed would not get displayed on the score bug when you had pitch callout off, that got added in late too which was exciting. The scorebug may have been changed in MLB 15 to not include that though, but at the time it was cool to see the devs notice issues people had BEFORE release and get last minute fixes in.

We just had some posts about how some players seem to have gotten the "fat" body type. Maybe that gets fixed in the off chance that it was not going to get fixed anyways. The game has so much stuff in it that some extra free play testers can't hurt. Every day I see Ramone or other devs check in on stadium threads, etc. posting they'll look into it. Why waste such valuable interaction with developers? If we sat back and just thought, "It's a WIP, they'll surely fix it" many thing wouldn't make it in each year. Like Ramone has stated, they are a fairly small team and even gives shoutouts to the forums like OS/ShowNation on streams.
True. I know it's still a work in progress... But, it has been 2 years now, 2 years!!! Hopefully Ramone and the other guys can fix Abreu's face this year. Like you said , I keep bringing this up, hoping that they take note on it and fix it. Besides I'm not talking about an average player, this guy is the best player on his team.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:17 PM   #220

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaesar99
True. I know it's still a work in progress... But, it has been 2 years now, 2 years!!! Hopefully Ramone and the other guys can fix Abreu's face this year. Like you said , I keep bringing this up, hoping that they take note on it and fix it. Besides I'm not talking about an average player, this guy is the best player on his team.
Having a face scan isn't up to SCEA. I'm not sure why the process isn't understood yet since it's been posted over and over.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:22 PM   #221
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Having a face scan isn't up to SCEA. I'm not sure why the process isn't understood yet since it's been posted over and over.
People only see what they want to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 12:26 AM   #222
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaesar99
Yea, they have to have a face scan first before they can fix it. But look at this way, if they have a scan and are still working on uploading them, then it will get fixed. If not, they don't have a face scan or the are using the best one they have. If they don't have a scan they can't just run down to ST and scan him and get it in this year. They do face scans of players a year in advance.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:04 AM   #223
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Don't like how the tandem team animation's only work between the two specific players,if either player is traded or moved in the batting order the animation will never be seen.

Using the example RR used in the stream,i would rather the the animation be just tied to donaldson's batting stance and any player hitting behind him could do the bautista shoulder brush or the animation could be tied to bautista and he does it to whoever hits a HR batting in front of him.

Would rather have the chance to see these animations more often rather than hope that if all the stars are aligned there might be a chance i will see a rare celebration. It might not be as realistic but as long as one of the players involved does it IRL i don't care if there are a couple of random players joining in.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:09 AM   #224
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
Don't like how the tandem team animation's only work between the two specific players,if either player is traded or moved in the batting order the animation will never be seen.

Using the example RR used in the stream,i would rather the the animation be just tied to donaldson's batting stance and any player hitting behind him could do the bautista shoulder brush or the animation could be tied to bautista and he does it to whoever hits a HR batting in front of him.

Would rather have the chance to see these animations more often rather than hope that if all the stars are aligned there might be a chance i will see a rare celebration. It might not be as realistic but as long as one of the players involved does it IRL i don't care if there are a couple of random players joining in.
I agree, but for realism purposes it doesn't make a ton of sense unless the Blue Jays do this for whoever is behind Donaldson. If Bautista is the only player that does this, then it makes sense how it is in game. Feels like a wasted animation and something that would be cool to put on your RTTS player as well. But for authenticity sake I have to concede and say it makes sense that it is tied to the two players if they are really the only ones in real life that do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »