Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Diamond Dynasty (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Diamond Dynasty (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2016, 02:00 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Diamond Dynasty (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
So a question from someone who has not spent much, if any, time in Diamond Dynasty. I realize it really is an online mode but some of the content in regards to Captains and missions looks like they could be interesting. Are there any offline components to the mode that would make it worth a look for those of us who like the idea of compiling a team but have little to no interest to playing online?
You can play CPU teams and the new mode guantlet and battle royal may be offline we don't t know yet.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #58
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Very excited for this mode with all the new changes. Was what I mainly played along with RTTS. Sad that Quick Counts won't make it in as it takes too long to finish just one game when I have limited time...

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 02-19-2016, 04:57 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I'm actually in favor of playing online at lower difficulty settings mainly due to pitch speed. Playing CoTW you see the pitch speed difference ramp up easily or at least it seems like there is a significant ramp-up. The speed in DD in 15 is about as high as I'd want it to go since if it was faster it would only entice people even more to play a certain way. i.e. load up on fireballers and pitch up and in, then bring in Neshek or whoever else has a huge speed differential between pitches. Gets old fast and with higher input lag displays (I have one) even when you know it's coming every pitch it's extremely hard to hit 100 mph up and in.

Since both players play with the same difficulty I've never had an issue with it in DD. It always seemed fair to me. This year it might prevent newer players from ever making up to higher leagues if everytime they reach a new tier they immediately get knocked down again due to the difficulty spike between levels.
I think the reason they put in the difficulty change is because someone from the world series division would play someone from spring training, and you only get like 2 points or even 0. They want you to match up with someone in your Division I'm guessing.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:26 PM   #60
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

I'm not sure I'm following. It would still work the same as last year in terms of matchmaking right? If there is no one in your division available you'll play someone outside of it and in those cases they said it would be on all star.

Now though you are forced to play on the difficulty of the league you are in which might cause the problem I referenced. If I just made it to the next level and then get matched with someone in that higher league I have to play at a new difficulty. One loss and you are back down to previous league. It might be hard for players to move up and stay up between leagues now since every time oh have to face higher tier players who may have been playing at that difficulty for a while while you are only experienced with the lower leagues setting.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'm not sure I'm following. It would still work the same as last year in terms of matchmaking right? If there is no one in your division available you'll play someone outside of it and in those cases they said it would be on all star.

Now though you are forced to play on the difficulty of the league you are in which might cause the problem I referenced. If I just made it to the next level and then get matched with someone in that higher league I have to play at a new difficulty. One loss and you are back down to previous league. It might be hard for players to move up and stay up between leagues now since every time oh have to face higher tier players who may have been playing at that difficulty for a while while you are only experienced with the lower leagues setting.
I get what your saying. We will see if it becomes a problem if guys complain that its too hard for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2016, 05:09 PM   #62
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

The pitch speed barely goes up. For example, a 90 mph on fastball is really like 78 mph on rookie, 79 on Vet, 80 on AS, 81 on HOF and 82 on Legend. It won't be that big of a deal.

I see absolutely no one demoting themselves due to 1-2 mph of speed different. Cheesers will still cheese, good hitters will still hit.

Most of the WS/CS guys I have spoke with are stoked about this change. AS difficulty was not fun playing in the WS against top players and stacked teams. It took less skill to score runs with gigantic PCI's. HOF will help a bit with the PCI size.

Precision Input will help too.

I say this change will have more people happy than mad for sure. Plus there is less than 1 pct of the players in the WS and that may be the only divsion they have HOF on...so itd only affect the top 1 pct and no one is demoting themselves once they get to the WS.

Now if they add it for CS, which I think they should since it isn't easy to get to 1750, then it may have more of an impact, but still HOF.......is not like its impossible to hit on nor will the pitch speed change much.

Youtube
Old 02-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #63
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
The pitch speed barely goes up. For example, a 90 mph on fastball is really like 78 mph on rookie, 79 on Vet, 80 on AS, 81 on HOF and 82 on Legend. It won't be that big of a deal.

I see absolutely no one demoting themselves due to 1-2 mph of speed different. Cheesers will still cheese, good hitters will still hit.

Most of the WS/CS guys I have spoke with are stoked about this change. AS difficulty was not fun playing in the WS against top players and stacked teams. It took less skill to score runs with gigantic PCI's. HOF will help a bit with the PCI size.

Precision Input will help too.

I say this change will have more people happy than mad for sure. Plus there is less than 1 pct of the players in the WS and that may be the only divsion they have HOF on...so itd only affect the top 1 pct and no one is demoting themselves once they get to the WS.

Now if they add it for CS, which I think they should since it isn't easy to get to 1750, then it may have more of an impact, but still HOF.......is not like its impossible to hit on nor will the pitch speed change much.
I'm not really talking about pitch speed. I'm talking about new players, not us veterans who play offline on the higher difficulties. If I am a new player and after 50 games finally get up to the next league, well I have to face a player who's likely been in that league for a bit and may be more experienced. Without practice I can see those players easily being overwhelmed by the higher difficulty. It's not just pitch speed that changes, PCI size, etc is different. I forsee a lot of bouncing in between leagues for inexperienced players this year. For players like us, it likely won't change much since the difficulty will be the same for both players and we have played on those difficulties before.

I want more people in the higher leagues as it gets boring facing the same people. It could also spread out the cheesers if new players reach the higher leagues. They have made a lot of changes that for veteran players may be really exciting, but could be barriers for newer players to the game, or just online modes in general. I have several friends who have played The Show for years, but only offline and never past All-Star. I play them on All-Star and they compete with me, but not on HoF or Legend even though I'm not that great either.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-21-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #64
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Newer players are highly unlikely to reach the WS/CS and if they do that means they are good enough to play on HOF. Besides the difficulty goes back to AS if there is a mismatch.

Youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »