Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Showtime & Road to the Show (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Showtime & Road to the Show (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #233
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Showtime & Road to the Show (Archive Available)

I'm really looking forward to the stream today... Get to see some gameplay improvements and also hopefully get a look at some batting stances/pitching motions!
Old 02-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #234
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Showtime & Road to the Show (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman19
Im thinking this is the year we get mid season extensions. With the player personality thing, I feel like that will be tied to extensions. The more you low ball or bother a player during the season with negotiations that they are not interested in, the worse their mood is, the less likely they are to sign in the offseason.

Players on poorly playing teams will be less happy than those on contenders and less likely to sign a long term extensions. Happy players on contending teams would be the opposite, more likely to sign a long term extension. Im hoping thats the case anyways. Something myself, and I know a lot others have wanted for a long while.

Hmm, that's an interesting take. I figured the new player personality referred to the players actions and emotions on the field.

Would be cool if it also tied it to what you are mentioning. I think the personality trait will benefit franchise mode greatly by adding a little more life to players and the team dynamic. Been hoping for a little more flash and personality from players in the game and I'm curious to hear more about this trait.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:32 AM   #235
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Hmm, that's an interesting take. I figured the new player personality referred to the players actions and emotions on the field.

Would be cool if it also tied it to what you are mentioning. I think the personality trait will benefit franchise mode greatly by adding a little more life to players and the team dynamic. Been hoping for a little more flash and personality from players in the game and I'm curious to hear more about this trait.
Yeah, I am hoping it is tied to what you and I both mentioned, and like you said it would make franchise feel like it has more life and would add a whole new dynamic to roster management. Would make you think twice about adding a guy like Papelbon or Puig if you already had a shaky clubhouse and make guys like David Price more coveted beyond just his abilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2016, 12:10 AM   #236
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
I am willing to bet that its career stats on player card.
Looks like I was right. Thank you SCEA team for finally adding this and with the other additions you brought back. I use to always be skeptical of the process you guys do, but I half to honestly half to say this is shaping up to be one of the best MLB games in a very long time. Hopefully we can eventually get player models to match up with everything else that you guys built upon this year and another great addition would be "collision detection" preventing players to run thru one another. I want you guys to know I think you guys done such an incredible job this year. Keep up the realism and these few couple things and the game would be very close to real life.

Dont want to beat a dead horse, but stadiums improve every year and are almost replica of the real ones, so if we can finally get better player models to go with that I will be very impressed.

: y220e::y 220e:

Last edited by Houston; 02-20-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #237
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
Looks like I was right. Thank you SCEA team for finally adding this and with the other additions you brought back. I use to always be skeptical of the process you guys do, but I half to honestly half to say this is shaping up to be one of the best MLB games in a very long time. Hopefully we can eventually get player models to match up with everything else that you guys built upon this year and another great addition would be "collision detection" preventing players to run thru one another. I want you guys to know I think you guys done such an incredible job this year. Keep up the realism and these few couple things and the game would be very close to real life.

Dont want to beat a dead horse, but stadiums improve every year and are almost replica of the real ones, so if we can finally get better player models to go with that I will be very impressed.

: y220e::y 220e:
Lol there is no very impressed it's either impressed or not impressed lol.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #238
-Mets-Jets-Knicks-

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

What? Sure, there are definitely varying degrees of one being impressed lol
#44Syracuse

No animals were harmed in the crafting of this signature.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #239
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Ok here is a question I was just wondering about.

If I start a new RTTS player. Use all of the Stubs that I have to buy training points but don't actually start the game ie: I don't go to the very first Showcase game.

When I get '16 and transfer him in, will I get to take advantage of the new starting point?

It seems like this would not work, but I was just trying to come up with a way to use the Stubs I have earned this year into next year. I already know the gear we already have does not carry over, which is a little disappointing, but I was hoping everything that I did in RTTS would not be wasted in the transfer.

Guess I will just start another career besides the carry over to enjoy the new stuff. But it does kind of stink that we put all of this work into our guys and then the new game comes out and we loose all of our gear and stuff.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:42 PM   #240
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'd also like to have the option of player locking without having to use the RTTS cam. Just lock my player but let me use regular cams I have set up.

Anyways great job devs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
I agree... The player lock with a normal camera option would be awesome! I would actually use RTTS if it had that option since the outfielding camera in player lock is very hard to get used to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That's on my design list for 16

I haven't been around much lately so just wandering if this has this been confirmed or not..?

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »