Home

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-18-2016, 01:41 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

I don't like that little hesitation/shuffle you do when you try to explode out of a dribble sequence without crossing over. It's slow, unrealistic and any veteran 2k player knows exactly what direction you are going when they see it.

I don't think there is enough 'riding the hip' animations in the game. Happens a lot in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #106
Pro

I only have a few and they are more annoyances. They aren't at all game breaking as I've learned to live with them.

1. Size-up crossover / crossover hesitation: It seems there are times where you can cross someone over, and my player with just stop as though they've hit some invisible wall. It's very frustrating to hit a size-up on a poor defender, have the defender out of position, and not be able to move pass them because of some imaginary barrier.

2. Bigs not guarding their assignment at the perimeter after an inbounds play. I have had a stretch 4/5 in-bounds the ball then walk up to the three point line while I defend the current ball handler and nail an uncontested 3 more times than I can count.

2a. Players in transition D not moving to their assignment after the offense has reset (assuming you stop their break to the basket). There are times my guard will sit under the basket with the ball handler runs a play at the perimeter. It leaves them open for an uncontested shot.

3. Bigs defending the stanchion / crowd. I have no idea what this is about.

4. Player dribbling in traffic vs CPU dribbling in traffic: The CPU can dribble among a sea of defenders without losing the ball. For some reason, I can not. The imbalance is just a tad annoying.

5. Missing wide open excellent releases: I want to preface this by saying I know players miss open shots. All. The. Time. In game it is infuriating but thems be the breaks. I have no issue with it. However, it seems green releases are now harder to achieve and are now harder to make. It's a bit much.

I don't mind green releases being harder to earn if I'm making them when the shot is wide open. Or missing them if they are contested by a great defender. But coupling harder to achieve green releases with a good likelihood of missing together just seems mean - especially since I've likely missed more green releases at the arc when I'm wide open than contested non-excellent release shots in the same spots.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:40 AM   #107
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

The friendly bounces on layups against good defense. Very annoying. Tighten those rims 2K!!
Old 02-19-2016, 08:10 PM   #108
Banned

WISports's Arena

I wish the CPU defenders didn't crowd your ballhandler so tight all the time when they're behind the 3 point line.

In the NBA, guys sag off way more....especially vs guys who aren't that great of a 3 point shooter. Or against guys who are good drivers.

Hope this is fixed for 2k17.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:11 PM   #109
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Man this game has so much damn bumping

Not only that but what's up with me not getting proper steals ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 02-19-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:53 AM   #110
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

"please try again..for some reason, NBA2k16 took too long to start"...

only game on X1 where it often refuses to load
Old 02-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #111
Just started!

Im happy to sum up 2k16 in 1 word. "Bull****!!"

- Being overrun and stopped on a fast break by opponents . Infuriating! !

- Stopping to receive the ball on an open court fast break

- Opponents zipping left and right , up and back in and out . Whilst MyPlayer on defense is like trying to turn a bus around . MyPlayer motion , agility and reaction is a joke.

- Running on the spot !!!!!

- Standing in between 2 opponents and have them pass through you when just about every one of my passes is tipped

- Being double teamed within 10 seconds of the tip off !! Wtf !!

- An obvious lack of Coaching strategy despite 2Ks claims they interviewed NBA coaches and imported some of their philosophies. I play minutes up to mid 2nd quarter. Then I come off . Im back on 2 min before the 1/2 and we're 10 - 15 points down. Every single game !!!

- Opposition players camped in the paint with no 3 sec calls

- Opposition players / fake Rookies with below average 3Pt
Percentage getting multiple 3s while heavily contested
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #112
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Pet Peeve: When the crowd chants "Beat LA" during a Clipper vs Laker game.

It wouldn't be hard for them to code that in, so it doesn't happen. It'd be even cooler if they made it so there was more opposing team fans in attendance due to it being the same arena.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »