Home

MLB The Show 16: The Little Things in This Year's Game

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16: The Little Things in This Year's Game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-16-2016, 07:46 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16: The Little Things in This Year's Game

It's still on, enjoy!
Old 02-16-2016, 09:41 AM   #34
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I know some as well as myself that either play with the commentary off or just have matt v only as play by play. The other two that have been paired with matt v have never blended in well having no chemistry, tone of voice off, and just terrible lines.

Having a lot of lines that are not well done in voice acting and chemistry defeat the purpose of having a lot of lines stored up. The mlb the show experience has been so great at its core. The one thing lacking has been the commentary and presentation. If this area of game can just improve for the future, this series would have the complete experience in sports video gaming. It would be a great milestone and achievement to this already great series.

Last edited by videobastard; 02-16-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:41 AM   #35
MVP

I agree. Just the other day, I was playing NBA2k, and my mom thought I was watching a game, that's how good the audio presentation is. If we can some day get even close to that, it'll be amazing! Of course just like any game, 2k repeats lines, but when it all comes together like it does, you don't notice it as much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 04:23 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2
Anyone know if sounds of the show is an online feature, like will I be able to use this in an online franchise game?
Old 02-16-2016, 04:29 PM   #37
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
Anyone know if sounds of the show is an online feature, like will I be able to use this in an online franchise game?
You won't be able to use SotS online, undoubtedly for legal reasons. Media storage would be an issue as well I would think.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:35 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
You won't be able to use SotS online, undoubtedly for legal reasons. Media storage would be an issue as well I would think.
SOTS isn't (or, at least wasn't on the PS3) saved inside of a gameplay mode though. When you made changes, it covered the whole game.

I think you'd probably hear your own sound effects and music changes on your own system (where applicable - a lot of the presentation and music cues that go with it get cut out for online), but it definitely wouldn't transfer your SOTS edits to an opponent's PS4.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #39
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
I agree. Just the other day, I was playing NBA2k, and my mom thought I was watching a game, that's how good the audio presentation is. If we can some day get even close to that, it'll be amazing! Of course just like any game, 2k repeats lines, but when it all comes together like it does, you don't notice it as much.
I have had this same experience with my parents

2KSports Presentations Audio and video is second to none!
Old 02-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #40
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
SOTS isn't (or, at least wasn't on the PS3) saved inside of a gameplay mode though. When you made changes, it covered the whole game.

I think you'd probably hear your own sound effects and music changes on your own system (where applicable - a lot of the presentation and music cues that go with it get cut out for online), but it definitely wouldn't transfer your SOTS edits to an opponent's PS4.
Hmm, that could be a possibility. I was thinking more full presentation, as if you were both hearing the same thing, which I don't think is possible. It would be cool if you could at least keep your SotS edits on your end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »