Home

NBA 2K16: Aggressive On-Ball Physicality

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Aggressive On-Ball Physicality within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-12-2016, 04:51 PM   #9
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Great write up Chase. This is my main issue with this good game. Sliders do help to clean some of this up, but it really needs to be addressed next year. It makes playing on the higher difficulty levels almost unable for anyone that's not sharp on the sticks... like me.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:02 PM   #10
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: Aggressive On-Ball Physicality

Great write up. There are a lot of good points here. I'm interested in where 2K goes with this.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:46 PM   #11
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
Maybe 2K should penalize ball handlers that try to barrel through their defender with a push off charge animation. Maybe that would help deter that play style. Idk just a suggestion
That's a great idea Baebae!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 06:38 PM   #12
MVP

Unfortunately playing physical defense like this is the only way to deter some of these iso ballhogs. Seriously, take away the physicality, and you're back to 2k14/2k15 where the ballhandler can go absolutely crazy with the dribbling with no way to stop them from spamming except attempting a reach.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #13
Rookie

I love this post. I was just discussing this in the MyTeam forum.
Too many times you get cut off with the kind of animations that are clearly a foul, and those animations are so long that you can't do a dribble move to counter, so not only is a foul not awarded, you can't react and loose precious seconds of the shot clock.
They really need to reduce the physicality drastically and let us defend by cutting angles and closing out shots.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #14
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
Great post about something I feel no one really talks about: on-ball defense in 2k is a poor representation of actual real life on-ball defense. 2k is far too physical and is more about bumping and in some cases holding the ball handler to restrict their movement. In the NBA that kind of contact is a foul most of the time. Even when it isn't called you'll sometimes hear the crowd moan and groan about the contact. I have however seen overly physical on-ball defense called a foul in 2k but it seems almost random.
For those who have a solid recollection of the NBA of yesterday (I've been watching the NBA since the 1980s but it's been so long I don't remember much), how was defense refereed? It was more physical was it not? Does this factor in how NBA2k' defensive gameplay is constructed considering NBA2k does have classic teams? Is it truly possible to create two separate 2k gameplay eras? If you stack a classic team vs a current team, how should 2k "enforce"/"implement" on ball defense?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 02-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

It's like this, as I stated in my mostly-unread defensive post:

You are right about the physicality, but the issue is that within a certain space the ball handler and the defender are bound. That means, your reactions will actually affect them. With a bit more space, they are completely open and untied to you... if they would widen the 'bind' they could remove some of the physicality on ball and allow you to actually affect the ball handler... thus making it more realistic.

I don't mind the stickiness as long as there are more outcomes.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 09:23 PM   #16
Just started!

can any of you tell me what tracy mcgradys release is on nba 2k16, i saw a post earlier in the year on it but theres no such thing as a base shot anymore so im curious what his release is now. thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »