Home

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-11-2016, 03:35 PM   #81
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
MyCareer how the announcers still call my player (whose actual name is in the audio files) "Freq" and I'm still forced to do that STUPID vibin' dance
Spike Lee basically has a custom 2k experience that we are all forced to share.

Let us choose our voice actor, give us 3 options... the dudes cant act anyway, shouldnt be too expensive
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1
My biggest pet peeve is the bogus shot blocks especially on dunk attempts, the ball strips, reach ins, tipped/deflected passes. I guess I had more than one. LOL
Old 02-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #83
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Body Types, I thought they were supposed to be better this year?

Everyone is still too stocky, Ball players have long skinny legs - look at Karl-Anthony Towns and Kristaps Porzingis - their in-game models are way too stocky.

Need some skinny body types in there.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #84
Rookie

HossboyHoocH's Arena

OVR: 5

I just want to be able to leave a Play Now game before the game starts without completely leaving the game. When I draw OKC, GSW, CLE 7 or 8 times in a row it gets annoying leaving the game that many times. I use Portland, Utah, and occasionally ATL. I don't want to play the three best teams constantly when people use spam "plays" on offense. I feel like I'm the only one using a half court offense.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PSN: DucksWTD17
Old 02-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #85
Rookie

Location: in a myriad of lies and half truths searching for enjoyment
Hello,

I really really love these 2k basketball games because for better or for worse they try really hard to deliver a great and varied experience very year . BUT... i have three major pet peeves:

1. the transition D, this is two fold: First off, is the AI awareness between transitioning from offense to defense, if i send an entry pass with the pg and it is intercepted, my pg should be the first person back on defense,
Secondly the transition defense logic, i am sick of the first guy back guarding no one but a spot under the rim in all situations and that player being the last person to pick up a man when the fast break transitions to a half court game making the match-ups unfavorable. you are taught in a 2 on 1 fast break to do something similar but in a even numbers break 2v2 or 3v3 you need to man up and not sit under the rim let the second guy in a 2v2 break beat you back door and not box out ,and they are almost stuck there even if you switch to them you are frighting some unknown force just to move them and the second you switch off them the go back to the paint and ignore the open man or even the transition to half court so they don't pick up a man, this has been in 2k since nba 2k7 please please PLEASE!!! fix this and i can overlook the next two.

2. the computers ability to catch you in fast break situations and stop you from dribbling from what looks like an animation that started from an interaction with you and the defender when the defender is behind you. one I've seen it happen with PF catching up to PGs and SGs and not athletic PFs catching up to SLOW PGs

3. the AIs ability to seemingly recover alter their body constitution ie what looks like breaking bones or even moving at unreasonable speeds to either cut you off from position of advantage, block your shot when they are two person lengths away an you are already in the air for your jump shot and to catch unreasonable rebounds after contesting a shot on the other side of the backboard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #86
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
Body Types, I thought they were supposed to be better this year?

Everyone is still too stocky, Ball players have long skinny legs - look at Karl-Anthony Towns and Kristaps Porzingis - their in-game models are way too stocky.

Need some skinny body types in there.
You need skinny..... I've always been a Shaq,Z-Bo, Al Jefferson body type. But my player looks like he is sick. I'm not asking for ripped muscle. I just want to look myself.

Last edited by jeebs9; 02-12-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:12 PM   #87
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
You need skinny..... I've always been a Shaq,Z-Bo, Al Jefferson body type. But my player looks like he is sick. I'm not asking for ripped muscle. I just want to look myself.
Ofcourse we should get hefty number of choices when creating our players, someone is skinny, someone is stocky maybe even hulking, some guys have skinny legs but stronger upper part of body and vice versa. I would like game to offer us variety of choices or to give us sliders for body ala sims where you can create numerous different body types from Jared Sullinger/Glen Davis type to the Tayshaun Prince/Kevin Durant types and everything in between.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 02-12-2016, 04:17 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 6
funky defense, pinpoint passes by the computer, easy turnovers, skating on defense trying to stay with the computer player...great game but it has it's issues as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »