Home

MLB The Show 16: Gameplay Taking Steps Forward

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16: Gameplay Taking Steps Forward within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB The Show 16: Gameplay Taking Steps Forward

MLB The Show 16
information is now rolling out fast and heavy as we head into Spring Training season. The most recent Twitch stream focused exclusively on gameplay. Below are some of my quick reactions as I watched the feed.

Read More - MLB The Show 16: Gameplay Taking Steps Forward
Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 16: Gameplay Taking Steps Forward

A couple of the dives players made looked so smooth. I really can't wait to play defense in this game if the game runs this transitionally well. Hopefully with more hit types and just randomness of hits, this should be the most fun playing defense in The Show history.

Playing SS in my baseball life, I always loved playing the field and while I play on both sides on the ball when i play the show, it just started to feel a little stale on the defensive side and just feels like theres been new life given to it and looks fantastic!
Old 02-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Regarding the new play variety, my only concern would be that all those "great plays" get triggered too frequently.

In the stream, I understand that the devs were generating hits to trigger all these new plays so I am not saying this from what I saw in the stream itself, but there are certain type of great plays that we see often in The Show but really are not completed successfully as often in real life (and vice versa).

The examples would be all the bare-hand catches by middle infielders in double plays and (a couple years ago) outfielders's failed dive attempts. The former would contribute to a slight inflation of GIDPs (which usually has been the case with The Show) and the latter contributed to inflation of triples.

Hopefully all the great plays only happen occasionally enough to keep them precious.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I wish that they would have gone into more depth with the Pitcher/Runner information. I thought a couple of times they were going to show some plays, but it never panned out.

This really has me intrigued because honestly, for me, it was one of my biggest disappointments in '15. The little bit of info that I did get has given me hope that the cat and mouse aspect is very much back in the game.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #5
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I wish that they would have gone into more depth with the Pitcher/Runner information. I thought a couple of times they were going to show some plays, but it never panned out.

This really has me intrigued because honestly, for me, it was one of my biggest disappointments in '15. The little bit of info that I did get has given me hope that the cat and mouse aspect is very much back in the game.

I do too, I think the contest they did cut into too much time during the stream due to they just sat there for what 10 minutes? just playing and not saying anything while they did the contest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 04:14 PM   #6
Banned

Beatles's Arena

I'm really really bummed that you can still only challenge calls at first base. Replay has been around for years now and is very important. Very disappointing that they still haven't added it for all the real life calls.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
I'm really really bummed that you can still only challenge calls at first base. Replay has been around for years now and is very important. Very disappointing that they still haven't added it for all the real life calls.
They stated in the stream yesterday something along the lines of all the new animations and gameplay improvements wouldn't have happened if they expanded replay capabilities.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #8
Rookie

CSUFresnoClassof2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
They stated in the stream yesterday something along the lines of all the new animations and gameplay improvements wouldn't have happened if they expanded replay capabilities.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Personally I am fine with not having challenges in the game. I'm really interested in the umpire personalities. That's going to make the game play have more variety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »