Home

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-09-2016, 04:44 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
the Defense 3 second rule. I hate that my AI defenders for some reason just park themselves in the lane and then I have to watch the other team hit a Technical Free Throw and get the ball. This always seems to happen at the worst possible moment too
Old 02-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #18
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

(A) No post game highlights PS4 >8 minutes.
(B) Player running away from the pass, resulting in a steal, turnover, or bad angle toward.
(C) Short arming rebounds, poor rebounding logic.
(D) Players/Big Man guarding the crowd/standing out of the bounds under the basket instead of guarding the paint.

(A) No post game highlights PS4 >8 minutes.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-quarters.html

(B) Player running away from the pass, resulting in a steal, turnover, or bad angle toward. Pass into the paint. Notice how Draymond Green sudden runs away from the ball.

(C) Short arming rebounds, poor rebounding logic. Harrison Barnes doesn't fully extend his arm to get the rebound. Even if he doesn't actually get the redound, the L shape shortening of the arms looks terrible. No one does that. Only happens in 2k.

Kyrie Irving 6'3"
Harrison Barnes 6'8"

(D) Players/Big Man guarding the crowd/standing out of the bounds under the basket instead of guarding the paint.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 02-09-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 19
in regards to the awkward slides on defense. I think that has to do with responsiveness. The responsive can not handle the switch in contextual animations.
when you compare the game to 2k15 it actaully took a step back.
In addition in previous versions of 2k you could kind of basically manually hedge or collpase your defenders as opposed to this year. But i believe that is because teh action on the court this year has been sped up. so the user has to be quicker in making manual decisions on defense.
again i think its all tied toa responsive issue.

now my pet peeves
-are the increase in morphing through things. Based on 2ks history its just awful this year.
-the lack of shooting foul animations in the paint. previous versions (especially 2k15) had soem beautiful animations , compared to this year.
-broken rebound stats
-the constant changes in the control schemes for basic things like subbing, and calling plays. they were better thought out in previous versions. this years changes are horrible. its hard to call plays and subs during gameplay. switch it back to the 2k15 layout for playcalls and subs

overall the agme is grat, but i have to admit I did not like 2k16 at first
Old 02-09-2016, 05:13 PM   #20
Rookie

Finepanther's Arena

OVR: 0
1) No sliders in MyCareer

2) Jump-shot variance: sometimes my jumper looks awesome, sometimes it's just gross to look at. The amount of times the shot gets changed should be cut in half and it should never look as ugly as it does.

3) RESPONSIVENESS: players should do exactly what you tell them to do, WHEN you tell them to do it. This has been bad since the jump to next gen.

4) Freq's shimmy dance: After a 15 foot jump shot in the 1st quarter? REALLY??
Old 02-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #21
Rookie

- Spacing issues, players too fast, too big.
- Passing.
- Hesitation 3, Jamal Crawford sizeup, Aldridge release. MyPark cheese fest mentality. I thought they were cutting the cheese.
- Broken stamina (how did they manage to break it? In 2k15 was perfect).
- Getting stripped driving to the paint.
- Midgets blocking giants.
- Mid-range game inexistent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #22
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Pretty sure this just turned into a cons/what I hate thread. Most of these are not considered pet peeves
Old 02-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #23
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

There are a lot of major problems, but if we're going for minor:

The Announcers/Doris/TNT Guys/Press Conferences NEVER know what is going on. It seems simple enough to code it so that certain lines won't be said during certain moments, but it hasn't happened yet in 2k.

Examples:
- They'll talk about things as if you're in a regular season game when you're in the playoffs/finals.
- They'll refer to "last year" as if last year was 2015, even if you're in the year 2025
- They don't know when you just broke a record - you could score 500pts and they won't say anything about it, even though the Accolade will pop up (meaning the computer knows, but no lines were recorded)
- They don't seem to know your achievements. You could have 10 rings and 10 MVPs, but they'll say the same stuff they said about you when you had none.
-The Coaches always tell me offensive advice when I'm on defense and vice versa.

They are just so oblivious to things that should be easily coded by IF/THEN statements. It takes a lot of seasons to earn badges for your myplayer (your myplayer is important if you want to play the upcoming eSports stuff), but it becomes very repetitive after the first 3 seasons.

If the year = 2026, Then do not mention X line about the King's getting a new stadium next year.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 02-09-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #24
Rookie

Badasi12b's Arena

My pet peeve? The fact that I don't have online consistent in my house and couldn't play any modes outside of blacktop and play now. Unplayable. For a game series that consistently gets 9s-9.5s, this game should be near perfect! The fact that all you read on boards from everyone is how much they hate this game and how cheesy it can be makes you question yhe motive of the reviewer. Most overrated game in a LONG TIME! Live 16 doesn't have all the bell and whistles of 2k16, but at least while offline I can actually play dynasty and rising star season and SAVE MY GAME with my game face player! 2k16 doesn't even let you SAVE your creation if you're offline! Unacceptable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »