Home

NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-09-2016, 03:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
mine is the comback element or the hold you back where you go ice cold and miss everything while the other team can do no wrong its in both offline and online gameplay and it ruins the game for me......its has that cheap feel to where older basketball game where either too easy on lower difficulties or way to hard on harder difficulties that makes it feel generic and cheap made instead of thinking man the ai is improved nope just a cheap ai that is 2 black eyes to this game...and it makes me not want to play it because i know whats going to happen evey game and its not fun...
Old 02-09-2016, 03:48 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTofu
Honestly my biggest pet peeve is people using white away jerseys and/or black home jerseys in MyTeam or Pro-Am.

Example:

2K should find a means of restricting the lightness and darkness of jerseys to prevent this.
I hate that dumb **** too fr.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:07 PM   #11
Banned

My pet peeves this year:
The fact that even though we're not gonna make EVERY excellent release, which is fine, we can't get them from the three point line unless we shoot with Steph Curry or a 95 and up 3 point shooter with a hot zone in a spot behind the 3 line.

Online quick matches: As soon as I score, people will take their player during the inbound and quickly take them down the court for a full court heave and an easy layup/dunk. 2K made the game so that the computer doesn't recognize this dumb sh!t and doesn't do any thing about it. Or, if they do do anything about it, or I control my defensive player and time square (or X) myself, they miss the ball completely. There are times when the offensive player doing so will get lucky and just because the ball is already in his player's hands, the ball will go right through my player and remain in his hands, not even an OPPORTUNITY for a turnover. That's stupid.

But yet 2K is so worried about preventing excellent releases from beyond the 3 point line unless you have Steph Curry though (like I said, even though you don't make them 100% of the time like in '15, why can't we get them at all?

Not done yet: Park is fake as he||. The gameplay looks like NBA street from PS2, am I wrong? Not to mention 2K allows Park Cards, AKA "Superpowers", but 2K tries so hard to be realistic.
STILL seeing deadeye shots consistently go in at the park... I thought that was the whole purpose of taking away wide open excellent releases from the 3 Line if 2K still allows PG my players to hit dumb shots on a yellow release?
Its cool that excellent releases are more like 90% unlike in 15 it was 99.9% (I seen like 3 missed excellents when shooting around in 15 before), but why not be able to at least get them with 60 rated 3pt shooters and just have a much less chance of making the shot if we hit yellow, no matter WHO the shooter is?

Other than that, 2K16 as a whole is a pet peeve. I wonder when/if 2K will actually make a realistic basketball game like it so called advertises every year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #12
Rookie

milin's Arena

OVR: 2
I actually hate both steph curry's and KD's jumpshot release timings. I can hit a lot more shots from either 3 or mid range with any average player but not with them. I know they have to make it harder to hit shots online, but I only play offline. I want to be able to hit shots with two of the top shooters in the league. The problem is that unless you get a perfect shot with them, you're not gonna hit it. The game penalizes you too much for shooting just good shots instead of perfect with these two guys, when it should be the other way around, being two of the best shooters and off the dribble shooters in the league.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #13
Banned

Oh another pet peeve? When they change DeMarcus Cousins' jumpshot. 2k keeps changing their jumpshot this year. As a matter of fact I counted: It came out as something he had in 14 I think. Then they put it back to how his shot was in 15, great. Then they changed it AGAIN to something thats similar but the change wasn't necessary, then they went back to how it was in 15 AGAIN (which, I emphasize, is EXACTLY how Cousins shoots in real life). AND then, I don't know when, they updated his jumpshot ONCE AGAIN to something that looks nothing like his jumpshot. Why is jumpshot animation even being touched? Someone PLEASE explain this to me, I'm not understanding?
Old 02-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
the gravitational pull when you call a pick and roll play. I dont know if i have had many clean pick and rolls where the defense was not holding you during the play. i dont know if this is just a one of those generational glitches that we have to deal with when playing against the computer, but it make calling that play annoying.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #15
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Other than the defender AI, which is abysmal, my gripe for the last 3 years has been the missing post game highlights (PS4). I realize that it's apparently a console issue, but the fact that 2k is obviously aware of, and yet never so much as acknowledges it, seems like questionable business ethics to me. They are knowingly selling a product with features that simply don't work.

I'm peeved just talking about it. Fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #16
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve?

My Biggest pet peeve is the opening tip off. When my opponent at tip off goes for that stupid dunk. When they win the tip and go for the easy dunk.... I hate that ****!!

And secondly.... It's crazy that this bothers me still (because it's been in the game for years now). But when a player touches the ball after a score. AND THE FREAKING CLOCK STARTS RUNNING!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »