Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Showtime & Road to the Show (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Showtime & Road to the Show (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #145
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Showtime & Road to the Show (Archive Available)

One thing I took away from the stream was the smoothness or flow to fielding this year. I wonder if the Human IK was on display as it just seemed to not be as herky jerky from moving to a good fielding position, picking up the grounder and into the throwing animation, just seemed to be much better transitions.

When they were on the edit player screen for Edwin Encarnacion mentioning the "franchise nugget" I wonder if it had to do with more stats or advanced stats, top left corner you could see they could toggle screens so maybe its wishful thinking or maybe I'm right. I hope I'm right lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #146
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Showtime & Road to the Show (Archive Available)

I like the new equipment brand additions.

However I'm really hoping they expanded on the brands already in the game... Specifically Marucci and Mizuno, meaning they added Marucci batting gloves and Mizuno batting & fielding gloves.

Also... Really hoping we're able to notice the different between fielding glove sizes, the OF gloves should be bigger... In 15 all the gloves are the same size.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #147
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
One thing I took away from the stream was the smoothness or flow to fielding this year. I wonder if the Human IK was on display as it just seemed to not be as herky jerky from moving to a good fielding position, picking up the grounder and into the throwing animation, just seemed to be much better transitions.

When they were on the edit player screen for Edwin Encarnacion mentioning the "franchise nugget" I wonder if it had to do with more stats or advanced stats, top left corner you could see they could toggle screens so maybe its wishful thinking or maybe I'm right. I hope I'm right lol
Also saw in that screen I saw they had Dominican Republic listed... Curious to know what that's about.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #148
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
um no offense to the great team in SD, but with two months left this should be polish time shouldn't it? I mean we can all expect this game as with fifteen to me multiple patched once put out on March 29th.

when they mentioned that this was an extremely buggy build with two months to go i shook me head.. i was like really guys... come on.... Night games not even ready to be shown right now... wow... this worries me... how many patches will this game need once released to fix all the issues that will come with it...

hopefully by the time we get to the franchise news feeds most of the issues will be fixed and ready to go
That's not uncommon in game development. The most encouraging thing we didn't see was any crashes in the software. And everything was pretty stable.

What it should do is show great transparency that these guys are willing to share this in a development stage. The game changes hourly at this point, and many bugs are probably already fixed, but have not checked into the latest build. Look at it as a sort of pot luck, that everyone has to deliver their dish by some predetermined date.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #149
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

What I don't understand about the 20-80 scouting system is the following:

As we have seen in the game, players are still rated with the same 0-99 rating system. Why we need another scouting/rating system while the old one is still working especially when the old system determines your player's ability.

So, here we go, we get a 20-80 range scouting about our player, but I can still see the player's ratings.

What might be interesting is potential tho... When you view a player's ratings (0-99) you can tell how good is he NOW. But how do you know his potential, his ceiling? Yes there is a potential rating in there (0-99),which is translated into a letter: A-F.

Let's say you have a rookie who has 60 power and 60 plate discipline. Does an A potential mean that he is going to gain the same amount of point in both categories? Maybe he is going to have a high power rate in a few years, let's say 80, but will strike out a lot and stay with 60 plate discipline.

In real life prospects are not developing their skills equally so it would be nice to see players developing different aspects of their games and getting good scout reports of this with the new 20-80 system.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én SM-N910C-el
Old 02-05-2016, 09:55 AM   #150
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
um no offense to the great team in SD, but with two months left this should be polish time shouldn't it? I mean we can all expect this game as with fifteen to me multiple patched once put out on March 29th.

when they mentioned that this was an extremely buggy build with two months to go i shook me head.. i was like really guys... come on.... Night games not even ready to be shown right now... wow... this worries me... how many patches will this game need once released to fix all the issues that will come with it...

hopefully by the time we get to the franchise news feeds most of the issues will be fixed and ready to go
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you are NOT a software developer, are you?

I'm a developer, not in the game industry but in financial/banking. I have to say I do some of my best work the week before a deadline. The most time consuming part about a development cycle, at least in my experience, is the prep work: defining scope and deliverables, design work (both functional and technical), etc. The coding itself, sure it can be time consuming, but getting all the base code done is the hardest part. Going back and tweaking, fixing bugs, optimizing, and re-testing can happen very quickly sometimes. You can spend X number of weeks just putting in the framework to match the design, and in those final weeks, all of the pieces can be fit together nicely.

Don't worry about the state of the game right now. 6 weeks in a dev cycle is still a lot of time.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:20 AM   #151
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you are NOT a software developer, are you?

I'm a developer, not in the game industry but in financial/banking. I have to say I do some of my best work the week before a deadline. The most time consuming part about a development cycle, at least in my experience, is the prep work: defining scope and deliverables, design work (both functional and technical), etc. The coding itself, sure it can be time consuming, but getting all the base code done is the hardest part. Going back and tweaking, fixing bugs, optimizing, and re-testing can happen very quickly sometimes. You can spend X number of weeks just putting in the framework to match the design, and in those final weeks, all of the pieces can be fit together nicely.

Don't worry about the state of the game right now. 6 weeks in a dev cycle is still a lot of time.
Great synopsis, Hypo...I'm the same way when I'm coding things.

The hard part is programming, designing and making it work so they're spending as much time as possible getting as much as they can in. Fixing bugs/issue is usually the easiest of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #152
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
This isn't the final version. They haven't shown us the pbr yet. There is a good chance the graphics will look much much better. Not that the graphics here look like anything less than a PS4 game anyway.
Excuse of the video game century..."This isn't the final version"...if history has taught you anything..this usually is the final version to some degree..there aren't going to be major overhauls..I've been playing the show since the show was the show and while I love the game..there is always room for improvement...I noticed in the stream that the ump STILL adjusts his damn mask way too much..I noticed the same clipping (High fives looking like ghost fives..a hand that goes to adjust a helmet and magically the hand goes inside his head)

I'm not ranting and I'll still get the game as it is the only option, but maybe there will be a day when I will believe the "This isn't the final version" line..I just know that I have heard the line every year and come to find it is just polished version, with some added features from last years edition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »