Home

NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals Qualification System Rewards Best Cheesers, Not Best Team

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals Qualification System Rewards Best Cheesers, Not Best Team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2016, 10:58 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals Qualification System Rewards Best Cheesers, Not Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
That's kind of what I'm saying. A stand alone game based solely on online competition. Offline, is no question very very good.

I think it would do well in sale, if made well. To play and have fun online, I just don't think people need a fully licensed game. More money to be put into polishing gameplay.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
It would be a great game, and we'd buy it, but they would be sales like live. If they could have great sales around a great game with no licenses there'd still be a 2K Football and an EA Sports College Football.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:10 AM   #34
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Re: NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals Qualification System Rewards Best Cheesers, Not Best

Somebody already made online street/park basketball game without licenses :
http://store.steampowered.com/app/339610/

Can't say how successful this game is, but reviews are pretty positive. However its a really arcade style with exaggerated moves and lots fluff cosmetics.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:17 PM   #35
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Interesting take.

It's like the took a handoff from the concept for Domination mode in My Team and ran with it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #36
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman

Can't say how successful this game is, but reviews are pretty positive. However its a really arcade style with exaggerated moves and lots fluff cosmetics.
There was a week there where this game was really popular with streamers. Not sure how it has done since.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:40 AM   #37
Rookie

I want to be in the tournament, need to join a team first lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman

I've played it and it is the definition of cheese absolutely no passing if u don't get out at PG u don't touch the ball unless on the odd chance ur a big man(almost no one is) and hope a shot misses(this almost never happens) and then hope ur guy can grab the board before someone who dropped 50 extra on the game to get a late stage character runs across court for a putback slam.

Btw this is one of the most popular F2P games on steams arm so I think that says a lot about what people seem to want which makes me fell that there is almost no hope devs will choose sim over arcade when making these games

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

I definitely don't understand why they chose to do it. During the qualifier, we played a few and smashed a bunch of teams by 20, but I doubt we would have made it if people are feeding each other wins. We beat a bunch of undefeated (altho you know most teams had only played like 4 games) teams, too.

I really expected it to be a longer thing and to pool into more than just 16 teams. That's a really small number considering what the prize is as well as the fact that in v good team vs v good team, it can go either way a lot if you slip up.

I was hoping it would have a more like ncaa sized bracket but with a lot more qualifying. I don't believe my squad can win (cuz life isn't so convenient), but I would like to think we could make it or at least have a time where we had a chance to make it. The way things are now, I think I'll just play to win games.

It should take everything into account: record, teammate grade, team composition... I dunno, it's disappointing.

I am not super mad at 'cheese' because it's all cheesy. The issue is balance. Don't make things that are easier to do than to stop. You have to be good to stop a fast break after a crazy outlet, but all you have to do is instapress icon pass then pg icon to start one.

Same with ridic cross over moves that people do without thinking where they are going.

It's not too late to change the method, 2k!

That being said (making a long post) I really think if we had to pick archetypes to run with and they all had their own strengths and weaknesses, even if you had to buy in for 15 or 20 bucks (that's all I'd ever spend on VC, usually on my 2nd guy), I think people would do it. 2k has the frame-work for a good bball sim (really) but they need to limit these overbadged myplayers. Not to mention... why can't you get upgrades and badges playing online? Why are people rewarded for playing rookie and fouling out of games? If I get 50 deflected passes online, I should get interceptor... even if it's 100, it's still better.

Makes no sense.

-Smak
Old 03-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #40
Rookie

Anyone interested in picking up a 99 SG with 53 badges for road to the finals? I'm on ps4. Add me
Imakerain723

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »