Home

MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2016, 01:11 PM   #185
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
It allows you to import music in the game and assign intro, stadium, walk-up, and bullpen entrance music for each individual players.
Also, custom chants, cheers, jeers, etc. and assign them to players. So you could create a jeer with your PS3 headset or bluetooth earpiece saying "A-ROID! A-ROID!" and assign it to Alex Rodriguez. Or a cheer for your favorite player saying "Let's go, get a hit!" and assign it to that player. Etc...

I never did this, because I never had a compatible headset or bluetooth for PS3. Now that I have that stuff for PS4, we haven't been able to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 01:17 PM   #186
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach Patu
Where can we find them on Twitch ??

BP
In the video the date they give for the twitch stream is the 4th, but he says Tuesday. The 4th is actually on Thursday.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #187
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwolf
Ok, so for the Show Newbies (like myself), what exactly are 'Sounds of the Show?'
Like dran & HypoLuxa said, you can take your own music and incorporate it into the game. This has been in since 09 (initially for just players) but also for teams (win, loss, strikeouts, walks, etc.) You can also record your own cheers/chants with a mic.

There is a SotS subsection in the last gen section, and here is a tutorial thread - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-tutorial.html

While ^^ is for 12, 13 - its still the same for 15 and hopefully improved in 16 (though I don't know how music will be handled for PS4, give me saveable to the HDD like on the 3 darnit!)

Interesting recent thought - I thought about doing Henry Rowengartner from Rookie of the Year and I have a montage of all of his name mispronunciations. I also have him going "pitcher pitcher pitcher" & "Pitcher's got a big butt!"
Old 01-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #188
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Maybe Russell can give us one more little nugget of info to hold us over for the weekend
Old 01-29-2016, 05:37 PM   #189
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
Maybe Russell can give us one more little nugget of info to hold us over for the weekend
A video of a game between himself and another developer comes to mind.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-29-2016, 05:52 PM   #190
Rookie

Belkbuzze's Arena

Crazy idea for you Russell.. What about, in due time, an OS exclusive gameplay video based on a mix of 15 and 16 gameplay where we have to break it down together here on OS and try to spot every subtle changes?

I'm pretty sure you guys could make it fun and difficult
Old 01-30-2016, 02:32 AM   #191
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I may not use the perks. I may not use ShowTime.

But RTTS is a single player mode. One where you can buy training points, get equipment to boost your stats or even just let you set the sliders and difficulty to the point where there is no challenge at all.

I am not sure how adding in perks and Showtime is cheating all of a sudden.

And I say this as a person who plays RTTS almost exclusively.

My favorite addition is the ability to play a series of games without constantly reloading the menu. That alone is the feature that made me say "I will buy it this year"
You have a point with the adjusting sliders thing. But for those who leave the sliders at default, there is a definite aspect of "cheating" that comes into play when you have to no longer rely on your pure skills to drive in the game tying run in the bottom of the 8th and instead activate a "perk" that ensures you can predict every single pitch thrown or even worse slow down time to guarantee a homer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2016, 12:40 AM   #192
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
One thing im hoping for is no trade clause in contracts.
I signed a 7 year deal with the Indians to finish my career and halfway though season one I got traded to the Rangers, pretty dumb when youre the MVP
In one of my RTTS games my player signed a 7 year deal and got traded five times in the first 2 or 3 years (all to teams in the AL East. In fact Boston had my guy, traded him to Toronto, Toronto traded him to Tampa, and Tampa traded him back to Boston). It was ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »