Home

MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2016, 12:09 AM   #153
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

I'm sure there's a "Be an umpire" mode with the soon-to-release PSVR, and you use the Move to signal strikes and punch outs. You're also evaluated after every game, and can purchase new gear like jackets and the like.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-28-2016, 12:34 AM   #154
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's not crazy it's really a completely re-write of umpire personalities as it pertains to their ______________ the new ______________.
I always had Alfred Hitchcock as the master of suspense, but That may have changed haha.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:38 AM   #155
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm sure there's a "Be an umpire" mode with the soon-to-release PSVR, and you use the Move to signal strikes and punch outs. You're also evaluated after every game, and can purchase new gear like jackets and the like.
That would actually be pretty cool. But I was an umpire in real life so maybe that's why I feel that way. At least you wouldn't have high school parents telling you they were gonna kill you for supposed bad calls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2016, 01:45 AM   #156
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Totes. Someday I hope for "hidden attributes" that have a mean, standard deviation, min/max, etc. that can be more randomized on every play/game, and all ratings are determined by your scout (they can have ranges as well, some more accurate than others, some more precise than others). I know game developers probably never can or will do that, but it does seem a bit intriguing.
I don't know if you've ever played Out of the Park baseball, but they have this option. Your scouting director is responsible for all the attributes you see in the game. Hire a new scouting director, see different attributes for a lot of players. It was a cool feature, it just made me EXTREMELY nervous at draft time because I couldn't tell if the 5-Star 1st RD pick I was making was actually a 5-Star pick or a 3-Star reach! I guess that's realistic though!

Quote:
All Star Baseball? Try MLB SlugFest.

I almost wouldn't mind if the perks reflected something in real life, like go clubbing the night before and be stress-free the next day for two-strike counts or take a midday nap and get a stamina boost, your top prospect lets you borrow his bat, eat Wheaties in the morning blah blah blah. I don't really get where the "get all fastballs" thing comes into play realistically though.

It's an "option" though so I won't fret, but if it can't truly be disabled and the option is to "not select them," I'm not saying it would be tempting to see them in front of you, but it makes you question if the game was built by an "If you're not cheating, you're not trying" model that makes it difficult to succeed in RttS otherwise (think of a game that maybe has turbo boost or stealth gameplay, and when unused is disadvantageous... or COD perks, for that matter!).
Yeah, while I don't plan to use these perks, it also seems that I would be "missing out" on it as well. Like if the game introduced steroids in to RTTS as an option, of course I would like to think I would NEVER want to risk trying it, but at the same time I can see myself saying "F**K IT, IT'S A VIDEO GAME! WHHEEEEEEE".

What I am saying is, don't give me the option to cheat in the video game, I can't be trusted!

Quote:

I agree and disagree at the same time.

I didn't get far into MyCareer in NBA 2K16, because I immediately noticed a script. Not the dialogue or the actions you choose, but the fact that it did feel like the entire career of mine was going to be scripted out. I get three high school games, and no matter what I know I will be drafted? I will hit the major leagues by day X?

I'd almost prefer an RttS where some people get called up as quickly as Kris Bryant, and some people stay down as long as Brian Dallimore. Who? Exactly. Your destiny is not predetermined. I would like if it was less goal-oriented though. As funny as it is to see the guys on here who create threads complaining that their player is hitting .600 and makes diving plays all over the place, it does make one wonder if any little stats mean anything more than getting more points accumulated to boost your player.

Good to see you on the boards, JCM. Can't wait for this release!
My response, if that is indeed their excuse.....Ok, then do it better. Listen, I love The Show, and I play an incredible amount of RTTS. But RTTS has almost NOTHING to do outside of the games themselves. I don't mean the game has to have a scripted storyline like one of those basketball games had where they create cutscenes and stuff like that. But award our players with magazine spreads on Baseball America, or Scouts, or ESPN the Magazine (whatever they have the rights to use). Show a twitter feed of league chatter, allow us to USE the money we negotiate for, even if it's for things like expensive off-seasons vacations to increase happiness levels for our player, but won't improve their offseason conditions. Stuff like that where a storyline wouldn't necessarily have to be built. Maybe give us an option to buy a gigantic mansion in the city in which our team plays. Doing this increases his happiness and maybe keeps his stamina up because we get to sleep in our own bed versus a hotel. Maybe our player becomes SOO rich that we can buy a mansion in all 26 (or so) cities that have teams! Just little side stuff that gives us playability once we make the major leagues and become a star. Because once you win an MVP and maybe a WS ring, what more do you have to do besides just plug away 10 more years and try to become a HOF'er? Make us want to be the richest player in the league, and have it mean something. Maybe we have an option to buy the whole pitching staff an expensive dinner, or a new car, or something to increase team chemistry. You get my point.

Also, nice to see you as well pal. What's it been 10 years now?
Old 01-28-2016, 03:15 AM   #157
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

One thing im hoping for is no trade clause in contracts.
I signed a 7 year deal with the Indians to finish my career and halfway though season one I got traded to the Rangers, pretty dumb when youre the MVP
Old 01-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #158
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
One thing im hoping for is no trade clause in contracts.
I signed a 7 year deal with the Indians to finish my career and halfway though season one I got traded to the Rangers, pretty dumb when youre the MVP
If you check interactions on a regular basis you can try and stop your trade. I was in the same situation and I just happened to check and it said something like "talk to manager and ask to stay on the team" or something like that. It pulled back my being traded the next day.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #159
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
I don't know if you've ever played Out of the Park baseball, but they have this option. Your scouting director is responsible for all the attributes you see in the game. Hire a new scouting director, see different attributes for a lot of players. It was a cool feature, it just made me EXTREMELY nervous at draft time because I couldn't tell if the 5-Star 1st RD pick I was making was actually a 5-Star pick or a 3-Star reach! I guess that's realistic though!
I think that's exactly what I would hope for. The scouting directors themselves would have to have [consistent] attributes themselves though, like I mentioned regarding accuracy and position in the five position tools and all pitching tools, etc. Or whatever it is. Some are more expensive, etc.

But as I said, under the hood I would like to see some range as well. Someone with a 91 PWR maybe has a standard deviation of +/- 3, so 68% of the time his power is somewhere between 94 & 88, 95% of the time it's between 97 & 85, and 99.7% of the time it's between 100 & 82, etc. There's much more to my idea to that and what I mentioned wasn't perfect, but rather just a slight example of how everything isn't always exactly one type.

Quote:
Yeah, while I don't plan to use these perks, it also seems that I would be "missing out" on it as well. Like if the game introduced steroids in to RTTS as an option, of course I would like to think I would NEVER want to risk trying it, but at the same time I can see myself saying "F**K IT, IT'S A VIDEO GAME! WHHEEEEEEE".

What I am saying is, don't give me the option to cheat in the video game, I can't be trusted!
Another poster put it best: hopefully there is an option to outright disable so we don't even have to see it. It's like if a film has an extended cut versus its theatrical cut, and while you're watching the extended cut you turn away and plug your ears during a moment that "kills the film" for you, wanting to pretend like it's not there even when it is. Instead, it would just warm your heart more if you played the theatrical cut. Dumb analogy, but that's the best I got right now.

Quote:
My response, if that is indeed their excuse.....Ok, then do it better. Listen, I love The Show, and I play an incredible amount of RTTS. But RTTS has almost NOTHING to do outside of the games themselves. I don't mean the game has to have a scripted storyline like one of those basketball games had where they create cutscenes and stuff like that. But award our players with magazine spreads on Baseball America, or Scouts, or ESPN the Magazine (whatever they have the rights to use). Show a twitter feed of league chatter, allow us to USE the money we negotiate for, even if it's for things like expensive off-seasons vacations to increase happiness levels for our player, but won't improve their offseason conditions. Stuff like that where a storyline wouldn't necessarily have to be built. Maybe give us an option to buy a gigantic mansion in the city in which our team plays. Doing this increases his happiness and maybe keeps his stamina up because we get to sleep in our own bed versus a hotel. Maybe our player becomes SOO rich that we can buy a mansion in all 26 (or so) cities that have teams! Just little side stuff that gives us playability once we make the major leagues and become a star. Because once you win an MVP and maybe a WS ring, what more do you have to do besides just plug away 10 more years and try to become a HOF'er? Make us want to be the richest player in the league, and have it mean something. Maybe we have an option to buy the whole pitching staff an expensive dinner, or a new car, or something to increase team chemistry. You get my point.
Oh, I'm way for that. I just didn't want a story.

Quote:
Also, nice to see you as well pal. What's it been 10 years now?
Try 12 or so. Yikes.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #160
Rookie

The marketing team behind the publicly posted calendar should be high fived.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »