Home

MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2016, 06:45 PM   #137
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I have to admit I'll probably use ShowTime every now and then in RttS, as that's something of a fantasy scenario for me anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
That is exactly the mode I will only use it in. I have always approached RTTS as a fantasy mode. "Showtime" looks really cool and can add a lot of wow highlight reel moments to your RTTS player's resume. It flat out looks like a ton of fun!

Does anybody remember fun?

I also forgot to mention I am stoked to see the Umpire traits. I love knowing my umpire crews and adjusting to "their" strike zones. I hope this goes deeper and I think it will as it will be a featured stream!
Exactly. This is what I was trying to say a couple of pages ago. I'm big on realism and "sim" baseball but to me RTTS is the exception to the rule. Like you, I view it as more of a fantasy mode. I don't even touch sliders in RTTS, I just have fun. Showtime fits perfectly and seems to be well executed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I keep seeing people say they look forward to the umpire personality traits, but i could've sworn these were already said to be in the game last year?

And it didn't really work all that well, the strike zone felt different from pitch to pitch.

Is it just improved this year? Because i don't think it's brand new.
You're thinking of variable strike zones? Yes those were in a couple years ago but I don't think that is what they mean here? I have the same info as you and I could be wrong... but when I read "umpire personality traits" I don't think of anything to do with strike zones, I more imagine small variances in animations, some making calls more enthusiastically than others, etc...

But we shall see!
Old 01-27-2016, 06:52 PM   #138
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

I hope many changes will find their way into regular season mode..which is all I ever play..ever...I've tried RTTS, but cannot get into it...The showtime feature feels like a crutch for those who are new to baseball or have never played a video game baseball game..
Old 01-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #139
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Exactly. This is what I was trying to say a couple of pages ago. I'm big on realism and "sim" baseball but to me RTTS is the exception to the rule. Like you, I view it as more of a fantasy mode. I don't even touch sliders in RTTS, I just have fun. Showtime fits perfectly and seems to be well executed.

You're thinking of variable strike zones? Yes those were in a couple years ago but I don't think that is what they mean here? I have the same info as you and I could be wrong... but when I read "umpire personality traits" I don't think of anything to do with strike zones, I more imagine small variances in animations, some making calls more enthusiastically than others, etc...

But we shall see!

Old 01-27-2016, 07:31 PM   #140
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Ah ahhhhhhhh!

I can dig that!!
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 01-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #141
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Leslie Nielsen approved!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 08:08 PM   #142
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Anyone know or is allowed to comment on whether the "old" analog hitting is available again?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #143
Banned

OVR: 2

Will there still be a Fact Sheet at the end of all the Streams so we can see it all at once?
Old 01-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #144
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Oh man, I hope there's an over-the-top Ron Luciano personality trait type ump, or at least plans for one in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »