Home

MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2016, 01:31 PM   #121
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
New Animations Player Uniqueness and Improved Personality

One of my favorite things to see on the list...been wanting something like this for awhile. If implemented correctly, feel like it could add a little more life to my franchises. Can't wait for more info!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 01:50 PM   #122
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
whats the twitch channel? It;s mind boggling they don't list it.

There was a link to it in the video.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #123
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
To me it looks like these perks are throttled so you can't go into beast mode. I also think it may attract potential players to the mode because they can relate to a type of model that is being used in other games. It seems more intuitive than just throwing tons of stubs to get x amount of boost. SCEA is very conscious of keeping the integrity of the sport intact when introducing elements into the game.

As far as story mode, I am not sure baseball has that behind the scene backstory appeal like basketball and football have. Also, I find those storylines terribly scripted and pretty lackluster.

Pretty much if you stop the video and look at the cost and the attribute minimums you would see all the powerful stuff requires you to have the attribute in the 90's and the ShowTime cost is huge.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #124
Rookie

OCDHost's Arena

OVR: 0

March 1st and 3rd can't come soon enough. Really hoping we get more in depth trading, free agency, international free agents, contracts, etc.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:07 PM   #125
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Pretty much if you stop the video and look at the cost and the attribute minimums you would see all the powerful stuff requires you to have the attribute in the 90's and the ShowTime cost is huge.
I'm all for both the perks and ShowTime, if it can attract more casual fans to MLBTS. Every year we here users frustrated about even on the lower difficulties, hitting is too difficult. Or they have trouble fielding and just turn on auto-fielding rather than practice. And especially in regards to hitting, we all know somebody who really does prefer that arcade style over sim, and wants to bat .450 with 85 home runs with their RttS player. The perks and ShowTime may assist them in getting the game play experience they want.

And considering we haven't even seen it live yet, who knows? Even us sim-heads here on OS may still appreciate the Perks and ShowTime? Maybe they would be more fun to use than we think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #126
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
And considering we haven't even seen it live yet, who knows? Even us sim-heads here on OS may still appreciate the Perks and ShowTime? Maybe they would be more fun to use than we think?
I have to admit I'll probably use ShowTime every now and then in RttS, as that's something of a fantasy scenario for me anyway.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #127
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I have to admit I'll probably use ShowTime every now and then in RttS, as that's something of a fantasy scenario for me anyway.
I know Showtime is an option but I wonder if you can turn it on or off at will? Or do you have to make your decision before you start?
Old 01-27-2016, 02:28 PM   #128
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
That is exactly the mode I will only use it in. I have always approached RTTS as a fantasy mode. "Showtime" looks really cool and can add a lot of wow highlight reel moments to your RTTS player's resume. It flat out looks like a ton of fun!

Does anybody remember fun?

I also forgot to mention I am stoked to see the Umpire traits. I love knowing my umpire crews and adjusting to "their" strike zones. I hope this goes deeper and I think it will as it will be a featured stream!
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 01-27-2016 at 02:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »