Home

MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2016, 09:13 AM   #105
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

Gotta wait til March for franchise details oh well. excited to see what has changed tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #106
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

you all do realize that the best always gets saved for last right?? and i would go out on a limb and say they have a great amount of information on it and they DID put a whole lot of love and time into it this year and so they want to give it the most time of all the areas being discussed...

so those of us that are fretting over our lateness of our information part of the game... keep the faith... i have a feeling we will all be extremely pleased...
Old 01-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #107
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
you all do realize that the best always gets saved for last right??
Actually in looking at the list it looks like they are going by most played/popular first. It goes to show you how strong RTTS and DD are for the series.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #108
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

I have mixed feelings on waiting until March for franchise details. On one hand I'm glad because I'm still enjoying playing 15 everyday and hearing all the upgrades would dampen that a little bit. On the other hand I can't wait to hear all about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #109
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
20-80 scale is a nice addition.
Totes. Someday I hope for "hidden attributes" that have a mean, standard deviation, min/max, etc. that can be more randomized on every play/game, and all ratings are determined by your scout (they can have ranges as well, some more accurate than others, some more precise than others). I know game developers probably never can or will do that, but it does seem a bit intriguing.

Quote:
But the "perks" thing is not The Show, at all. That's All-Star Baseball type gimmicks. I realize it's probably an option, but I don't like the idea of my friends all having different types of RTTS player results than me because they used cheats when they played. This is supposed to be the most realistic baseball game ever, so way add a gigantic arcade component?
All Star Baseball? Try MLB SlugFest.

I almost wouldn't mind if the perks reflected something in real life, like go clubbing the night before and be stress-free the next day for two-strike counts or take a midday nap and get a stamina boost, your top prospect lets you borrow his bat, eat Wheaties in the morning blah blah blah. I don't really get where the "get all fastballs" thing comes into play realistically though.

It's an "option" though so I won't fret, but if it can't truly be disabled and the option is to "not select them," I'm not saying it would be tempting to see them in front of you, but it makes you question if the game was built by an "If you're not cheating, you're not trying" model that makes it difficult to succeed in RttS otherwise (think of a game that maybe has turbo boost or stealth gameplay, and when unused is disadvantageous... or COD perks, for that matter!).

Quote:
Would have preferred if they FINALLY would have added a story/personal aspect to RTTS like EVERY OTHER sports game has where your created player feels like a real person in that world when you have an agent, answer media questions, have scenarios to deal with in between games, have a cool backstory for your guy. RTTS deeply lacks of-the-field fun.
I agree and disagree at the same time.

I didn't get far into MyCareer in NBA 2K16, because I immediately noticed a script. Not the dialogue or the actions you choose, but the fact that it did feel like the entire career of mine was going to be scripted out. I get three high school games, and no matter what I know I will be drafted? I will hit the major leagues by day X?

I'd almost prefer an RttS where some people get called up as quickly as Kris Bryant, and some people stay down as long as Brian Dallimore. Who? Exactly. Your destiny is not predetermined. I would like if it was less goal-oriented though. As funny as it is to see the guys on here who create threads complaining that their player is hitting .600 and makes diving plays all over the place, it does make one wonder if any little stats mean anything more than getting more points accumulated to boost your player.

Good to see you on the boards, JCM. Can't wait for this release!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #110
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
so those of us that are fretting over our lateness of our information part of the game... keep the faith... i have a feeling we will all be extremely pleased...
I feel the same way, it's just that I'd rather have all of the info up front. 16 will be awesome and is going to spend plenty of time in my console no matter what, it's just that this is the time of year when I usually get hype about the details and that won't happen this year.

As someone who works with/in marketing, I'd recommend a double-pronged approach next year: Give us hardcores the same fact sheet we're used to getting, then roll out the weekly in-depth videos to go heavy on the details, introduce new players to the game features and keep them hooked up to the release date. One doesn't necessarily negate the other.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:47 AM   #111
Rookie

thekingofKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Brian Dallimore. Who? Exactly.
Ehh, he's not that obscure. But fairly obscure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 10:49 AM   #112
All Star

2-9
3-1
3-1
3-15

Those are the reveals I'll be watching. I like the idea of not putting everything out at once. It gives me something to look forward to while waiting for the release of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »