Home

MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2016, 02:43 AM   #97
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz526
If 20-80 makes it into franchise mode, me =
Don't want to infer too much, but Ramone liking this original post is promising. I also like 2 sessions dedicated to franchise mode. Hopefully one of them is to show us an extremely elaborate, but intuitive and slick to navigate, world of stat tracking. Keep pounding.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:19 AM   #98
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
All will be revealed in due time. There is DD Expansion, the two new modes which we haven't said anything about yet, Franchise mode new features and Improvements, Gameplay New Features and Improvements (that list is long), New Animations Player Uniqueness and Improved Personality, Graphical Improvements, Presentation Play-by-Play and Color Commentary Improvements, Sounds of the Show, ************ (sorry can't let that one out the bag yet), Legends Expansion, COTW 3.0, New equipment, and all the stuff on the best gets better list.

************ Hmmmm, I like to buy a vowel
Old 01-27-2016, 05:20 AM   #99
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show, Showtime Details & Tentative Reveal Dates

Finally my dream has been realized RTTS Nirvana ,
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 01-27-2016, 06:37 AM   #100
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
20-80 scale is a nice addition.

But the "perks" thing is not The Show, at all. That's All-Star Baseball type gimmicks. I realize it's probably an option, but I don't like the idea of my friends all having different types of RTTS player results than me because they used cheats when they played. This is supposed to be the most realistic baseball game ever, so way add a gigantic arcade component?

Would have preferred if they FINALLY would have added a story/personal aspect to RTTS like EVERY OTHER sports game has where your created player feels like a real person in that world when you have an agent, answer media questions, have scenarios to deal with in between games, have a cool backstory for your guy. RTTS deeply lacks of-the-field fun.
To me it looks like these perks are throttled so you can't go into beast mode. I also think it may attract potential players to the mode because they can relate to a type of model that is being used in other games. It seems more intuitive than just throwing tons of stubs to get x amount of boost. SCEA is very conscious of keeping the integrity of the sport intact when introducing elements into the game.

As far as story mode, I am not sure baseball has that behind the scene backstory appeal like basketball and football have. Also, I find those storylines terribly scripted and pretty lackluster.

Last edited by nemesis04; 01-27-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:39 AM   #101
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
All will be revealed in due time. There is DD Expansion, the two new modes which we haven't said anything about yet, Franchise mode new features and Improvements, Gameplay New Features and Improvements (that list is long), New Animations Player Uniqueness and Improved Personality, Graphical Improvements, Presentation Play-by-Play and Color Commentary Improvements, Sounds of the Show, ************ (sorry can't let that one out the bag yet), Legends Expansion, COTW 3.0, New equipment, and all the stuff on the best gets better list.

Can't wait!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 07:45 AM   #102
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

I have no interest in RTTS so it's a long wait till March for me.

Looks the same as '15, as '14, '13 etc however i will reserve judgment until the live streams begin.

Hoping there's been plenty of work on franchise mode.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:48 AM   #103
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 16 - New Road to the Show Details

I really, really love the ability to just keep playing instead of having to go to the menu after each game played in RttS. That is awesome.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:27 AM   #104
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »