Home

MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #65
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

Ok I'm confused. I haven't read the entire thread. But I do not skip any cut scenes at all. I actually enjoy long games. Are they removing cut scenes, or something else to make the game play faster?

Not that we are of aware of. Sorry I got off topic with WoodWeaver and it kind of snowballed.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 01-23-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #66
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Ok I'm confused. I haven't read the entire thread. But I do not skip any cut scenes at all. I actually enjoy long games. Are they removing cut scenes, or something else to make the game play faster?

Don't believe they are removing cut scenes. The topic of improving the replay challenge system turned into how the majority of the games users (****** players) skip most cutscenes and the instant replay challenges. Instead of improving or expanding the challenge system for 16, the development team concentrated on other areas of the game. The replay challenge system is pretty much gonna be the same as 15, which I personally don't have a problem with.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:44 PM   #67
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

I wouldn't say that's something to categorize as something I, or the OS community, would like or not like, more so something that should be done to accurately represent what is seen in real life.

Old 01-23-2016, 06:59 PM   #68
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We've catered to OS community a lot over the years and continue to do so. Every secret CD is 75% filled with representatives from OS. There isn't another community with that much representation that we listen to.

However the OS community represents less than 1% of the people who play the game. So there will be decisions you like and some that you don't like. It's impossible to do everything and equally as impossible to please everyone. But we'll continue to try.
This shows the impact OS really does have.

Even though we don't represent but 1% of the total user base, SCEA values OS 3/1 when they desire feedback.

Last edited by Speedy; 01-23-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:07 PM   #69
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

^ Yup. How fortunate we are indeed! It's very awesome.

The irony behind all of this is the more they cater toward the other 99%, the more ****** people that will buy the game, thus that less than 1% gets even smaller. Just really interesting when you think of it that way.

When they put in things like Move control or 3D, I don't know how much that was Sony telling them to make it happen or not, but you have to keep in mind that they want to attract this game to everyone from everywhere. This game means nothing business-wise if it is the most realistic and authentic simulation experience that you could have if the amount of people that buy it is 1% the number of people who buy it now.

This is why (and I'm not insinuating anything here) some features don't get touched as often. They know that a lot of people play online, DD and RttS. It would be very stubborn of them to ignore that crowd altogether just to appease people like me who play offline franchise. Granted, it may get an overhaul this year, and even if it doesn't I'll still play that mode (I still check out the other ones, but franchise in every sports game is always what I enjoy most).

But they want to sell the game, and we want them to sell the game too. Not just for selfish reasons, it's good to see companies be profitable. I wish that Acclaim, 2K, EA, and High Heat were still around to do just that.

Nevertheless, even if we dip to 0.001% or what have you, that 75% number for CD will probably still remain. That's just too cool.

Here's even more irony for you: OS's sales percentage might grow as well, because those "****** gamers" are registering for OS more and more every year. You can see it in some of the threads on here.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #70
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's not that simple nor is the decision making process a quick one. We track everything and I mean everything to create the clearest picture possible on how everyone plays the game. It's an overwhelming amount of info not just did X skip through y presentation.

We've catered to OS community a lot over the years and continue to do so. Every secret CD is 75% filled with representatives from OS. There isn't another community with that much representation that we listen to.

However the OS community represents less than 1% of the people who play the game. So there will be decisions you like and some that you don't like. It's impossible to do everything and equally as impossible to please everyone. But we'll continue to try.
Thanks for explaining this Ramone, I appreciate it. And I do realize you guys have always been great at giving us as many gameplay options as possible, the multiple control schemes are proof of that. If one of those options in 16 turns out to be full cutscenes, hey, all the better.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:16 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 1
thats stupid , you should be able to challenge any play you want as long as you have a challenge...the show always gives us bits and pieces...you should be able to have the manager argue...have the catcher go out to the mound to stall...on a bigger scale...you should be able to relocate...have your league expand...they dont have any meaning full add on...so players have to recreate 1986 rosters...you should be able to buy rosters by the season...stadiums..old uniforms...i hate that san diego studios doesn't step up its game...really hate it...baseball need more completion....its like no viedo games have competition...its the show...its madden...its 2k basket ball... and fifa....and they all do as little as possible to sell the next version and then charge us to play on line WTF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2016, 09:48 PM   #72
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by russilini
...have the catcher go out to the mound to stall...
There really should be catcher/pitcher interactions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »