Home

MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #57
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

I would like to echo what Bullit said. I'm also one of those that enjoys a fully uninterrupted game whenever time permits. However, that is not always the case, and it does irk me a bit to know that skipping through scenes when I'm pressed for time basically counts as a downvote toward the full game experience. There should be a better barometer.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #58
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I would like to echo what Bullit said. I'm also one of those that enjoys a fully uninterrupted game whenever time permits. However, that is not always the case, and it does irk me a bit to know that skipping through scenes when I'm pressed for time basically counts as a downvote toward the full game experience. There should be a better barometer.
It's not that simple nor is the decision making process a quick one. We track everything and I mean everything to create the clearest picture possible on how everyone plays the game. It's an overwhelming amount of info not just did X skip through y presentation.

We've catered to OS community a lot over the years and continue to do so. Every secret CD is 75% filled with representatives from OS. There isn't another community with that much representation that we listen to.

However the OS community represents less than 1% of the people who play the game. So there will be decisions you like and some that you don't like. It's impossible to do everything and equally as impossible to please everyone. But we'll continue to try.

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 01-23-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I believe originally the goal was to complete the whole thing but it became a labor intensive project so it sounds like they had to cut bait. You can stop the replay from playing by changing the umpire option to always correct calls on the bases.
That's fair, I just wonder what their plan is now going forward. Are they going to leave the barely-finished 1st base replay system in the game? Or are they going to take it out?

Also disabling blown calls has a ton of other ramifications beyond just the replay system. There are incorrect calls all over the game, which I like (they just can't be challenged). I wouldn't want to remove that human element entirely.

I don't want to give off the impression that my heart is broken by this news. I'm more just surprised than anything. SCEA rarely changes their course in this manner.

I do still want a proper replay system. I think it would be an interesting and fun feature. But, if such a project would have taken resources away from improving ball physics, core mechanics, and key game modes like franchise mode, then SCEA undoubtedly made the right decision. A replay system is like a hot tub. We all want one, but it's not going to make or break your decision to buy or sell a home. There's far more important things, and I'd rather have a great home first.

Last edited by Bobhead; 01-23-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #60
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Numbers being too low on the back, and the stripe on the Twins pants come to mind.
Yeah these things come to mind as things that shouldn't be an issue on a next gen game in 2016.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:56 PM   #61
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
However the OS community represents less than 1% of the people who play the game. So there will be decisions you like and some that you don't like. It's impossible to do everything and equally as impossible to please everyone. But we'll continue to try.
I believe this quote could be re-used a lot on this forum in the next few weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2016, 05:57 PM   #62

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Yeah these things come to mind as things that shouldn't be an issue on a next gen game in 2016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The OS community represents less than 1% of the people who play the game. So there will be decisions you like and some that you don't like. It's impossible to do everything and equally as impossible to please everyone. But we'll continue to try.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I believe this quote could be re-used a lot on this forum in the next few weeks.
Change forum to site and next few weeks to forever and I can 100% agree with you.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #64
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Ok I'm confused. I haven't read the entire thread. But I do not skip any cut scenes at all. I actually enjoy long games. Are they removing cut scenes, or something else to make the game play faster?
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »